The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Anyone from Aberdeen? No, good. Let's talk about that freezing cold, dead **** hole. Now that is a PROPER shithole .....

Yeah that place is a dump with awful weather even for Scotland, not as bad as Dundee though. Never would I recommend that place as somewhere to go near

Yeah that place is a dump with awful weather even for Scotland, not as bad as Dundee though. Never would I recommend that place as somewhere to go near

Never had the (dis)pleasure. We get the 'added' fun in Aberdeen that they absolutely hate Scousers down to the amount that work the rigs. Pre-season up there a few years back was a riot. Literally. Distress flares being fired into the ground from outside the works.

Happy days. NOT!

Fowler on the mic ..... 'Richie Partridge showing again why he retired so young and took up physiotherapy!' LOL.

[video=youtube;-QPi5U2SmNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPi5U2SmNE[/video]

Never had the (dis)pleasure. We get the 'added' fun in Aberdeen that they absolutely hate Scousers down to the amount that work the rigs. Pre-season up there a few years back was a riot. Literally. Distress flares being fired into the ground from outside the works.

Happy days. NOT!

They also speak Aberdonian which is genuinely harder to decipher than anything I've ever heard. They also don't like anyone from south of where they are. Never go to a game in Paisley, which actually is probably worse than Dundee (side note Dundee decided not to be the place where all the north sea oil was brought into the UK so missed out on all the money that has gone to Aberdeen) Dundee is so bad and just a really depressing place to be even if you are driving through it

No I didn't despite you having been there once there is more to it than that. Both are home to massive financial industries so are full of bankers financial analysts and insurance workers etc. For Scotland house prices in Edinburgh are ridiculously high much like they are in London. Both are full of people show went to posh universities for Edinburgh that includes the English ones and Edinburgh Glasgow and St Andrews university. London is basically Edinburgh on steroids.

and far be it for me to question what you think of Glasgow after you were drove through it on a coach once I mean I have been in the city a ton but, no you saw it from a bus you must be right.

I've been to Edinburgh more than once. If you have bothered to read my posts you'd also see that I've been to Glasgow more than once.

And yes; the capitals of well developed countries tend to have expensive houses, the best universities, and posh people. That's why it's the capital of said country.

tbf Ninjaskill is right, Glasgow is pretty cool, yea it has its rough parts but what big city doesn't **** me everywhere has areas considered rough as ****. Had a fair few class nights there due to friends from uni/work. So long as you don't walk about like billy big bollocks you'll be fine just like anywhere. But then I am what 12 years older than you Tezz (youre 18/19 right? just going off past convos bout uni) I spent 18 months going round Brazil and a good 3 months of that crashing pretty close to the Rio favelas (best ******* time of my life btw) so its all relative to me haha.

Glasgow isn't that bad, yet you've just compared it to the streets of Brazil? XD

So, with wee Joe now departed for regular footie, I make that 9 players out this window for £38.5 million. With an overall net deficit of £-27.4 M.

With still a LOT of business on the outgoings to do.

This window is sorting a LOT of our issues out and will hopefully be the major defining one of the crazy German's reign. Shouldn't be anything like these numbers either way going forward.

Keep up the good work Reds. NEXT? !!!!!

*Edit* Above figures adjusted as it appears it's £11 million down with a possible further £2 M in appearance add-on's. So a £2 million loss over 4 years. Still very happily take that for a bit part player in the last year of his contract. His value is probably more somewhere the £15-20 million bracket. But L'pool had no room to manoeuvre.

Last edited:
Sakho sent home from the US tour due to 'attitude problems'

not quite sure what to make of this, but it certainly is not a good sign. Obviously he is still injured but seems a strange one

Sakho sent home from the US tour due to 'attitude problems'

not quite sure what to make of this, but it certainly is not a good sign. Obviously he is still injured but seems a strange one

Certainly not a good sign. Being late for the plane out there was a terrible start. You'd think you'd then be on your best behaviour after having ****** the manager off already. Apparently he hasn't been.

Sakho lad, sighs. What have you gone and done?

Some good news after waking to Sakho being a ****** idiot again:

Ein neues Gesicht zum Auftakt der Trainingswoche: Der 19-jährige Brasilianer Allan vom @LFC stellt sich vor! #hahohe
View attachment 135976

Which basically (thanks to google translator) in English is:

A new face at the start of training this week: The 19-year-old Brazilian Allan from @LFC introduces himself! #hahohe

Not sure of the full details as of yet, but another solid looking loan to a Bundesliga club this time after his time in Finland and Belgium last year for Allan working toward that work permit. Everyone's massively high on him at the club, not least the manager, so hopefully it's for the full year and he plays a lot to satisfy the DOE demands.

All going nuts this morning:

Burnley @burnleytransfer

Jon Flanagan will undergo a medical at Burnley today ahead of his loan move. #twitterclarets #lfc #burnleyfc
9:10 AM - 26 Jul 2016

Good decision Flanno lad. A season playing every week the PL under Dyche will do yers the World of good rather then getting a handful of games at Anfield. Then come back next summer raring to go.

Another excellent loan deal for all concerned IMHO.

Last edited:
Ryan Kent to Barnsley for the year on loan.

Liking this way forward with the 19 year old plus kids who probably won't make it at L'pool. He turns 20 November so needs to either be involved with the first team squad or not. Loan to the Championship is perfect with the 75% play clause. Hopefully he shows enough that if we don't decide to keep him, we can sell him on to a good level next year. Great for the players starting out their career as young footballers rather than being released and winding up in League One/ Two as in the past. Great for the club to be picking up decent fees. About time the Academy became self funding.

All the best for the year ahead Ryan.

Back