The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
CONFIRMED: Brad Smith joins Bournemouth in £6 million deal - This Is Anfield

This one absolutely blows me away as the most bizarre transfer of the summer. This time last year, we released from his contract, whilst retaining his registration for compo purposes, to look for another club for himself which he couldn't find! Then Klopp comes in, injuries are rife, and he brings him back.

10 appearances later, of which he got steadily worse and showed he didn't belong at the PL level, and Bournemouth are now paying £6 million for a player that was available for free last summer! And with L'pool having both a buy-back clause and a 25% sell-on clause too!

Absolutely crazy. Eddie Howe Sir, just WHAT are you thinking? Have you even seen him play?

But regardless, that's now 10 players out this window for £41.5 million. With a current net deficit of £-24.4 M.

NEXT?!!!!!

*Edit* Appears it's £3 million down that could rise to £6 mill with clauses (above figures adjusted accordingly) but still. Made up to even get that!

Last edited:
YW. BTW, you from/ live in Barnsley? I ask as you mentioned they were your second team.

This is kind of related to the above. Remember the game that more or less sent them down we played at Oakwell back in 1998? If you don't, ask any Barnsley fans about that day. Man alive. One of the maddest days ever. Absolute carnage that remains the highest number of arrests at an English football game ever. With all but a handful of the 150 some from Barnsley!

Absolutely crazy day/ game. There was a history to start with from some serious trouble the Cup tie back the early '80's at Oakwell. But that happened everywhere back then. This was one was just off the charts nuts. 3 sendings off. All Barnsley players. Barnsley fans on the pitch trying to attack the ref. Fjortoft wrestled one the ground. Ince literally right hooked two more and laid them out. Fighting in the stands all game. Barnsley against Barnsley. The ref picking the ball up and walking off at one point without telling anyone leaving the players stood there wondering WTF was going on! 9 men Barnsley battling back to 2-2 before a late McManaman winner kicked it all off again. And absolute carnage outside as Barnsley went on the rampage claiming it was a conspiracy to send them down! Getting back the train station was great 'fun.' NOT! And when the bizzies finally did get us back on the train and out, the train was pelted with lumps of everything as it rolled out the station! Absolute carnage.

Seriously NOT looking forward to the next time we draw Barnsley at Oakwell. Their idiots and our idiots sadly have LONG memory's.
i live near barnsley went to a few games the season thay went up then had a season ticket for the prem then for a few years after till wife and kids got in the way only mad thing that happend to me was in the fa cup at ot stoping in a bar in moss side that i think was a ira bar fun times

They also speak Aberdonian which is genuinely harder to decipher than anything I've ever heard. They also don't like anyone from south of where they are. Never go to a game in Paisley, which actually is probably worse than Dundee (side note Dundee decided not to be the place where all the north sea oil was brought into the UK so missed out on all the money that has gone to Aberdeen) Dundee is so bad and just a really depressing place to be even if you are driving through it

Dundee's not that bad tbf. And you're from Glasgow slagging off other people's accents :>

Ballo in advanced talks with Besiktas

Matteo Pedrosi– ‏@MatteoPedrosi

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Il #Besiktas fa sul serio per #Balotelli, contatti con il #Liverpool. Il presidente del club turco: "Noi vogliamo

No Benteke, Origi, Sturridge and Wijnaldum tonight. Still building up their fitness to the levels of everyone else. Presumably no Can as he only joined up with everyone today. And Clyne's missing with a minor tight hammy.

Firmino, Phil and Mane all set to start.

That's a relief that the sanctions against Sakho aren't serious.

Hopefully this will make him realise his responsibilities to everyone. shake him to stop being a jerk (these aren't the first incidents), and have him mature and be fully committed to the cause.

As lucky as he has been stupid he won't be getting a second chance for anything else you feel.

Last edited:
Seems like stupid things that he did much like not checking with the medical staff before taking some pills

When all turns out he actually did run those by the club. But as massive a f-up and disgrace as that whole episode was by WADA and UEFA, it's still there on his record. Along with him throwing a petulant hissy fit under Rodgers and disgracefully storming out the ground before the Derby when he found he wasn't starting. Now this. After being late for the initial plane to the States you'd think he'd of been on his best behaviour. To then screw up twice more is just ridiculous.

He's lucky Klopp, by his own admission, is considering this 'not that serious.' But he sure had better wise up and learn to respect the rules and everyone else or else he won't be here to get another chance.

Hopefully the jolt the moron needs.

Its decently not a friendly.

Yeah, quite a tasty half. Pity the refs being an absolute ***. 4 bookings? Seriously? Paid for a slow start with terrible defending from the corner for the Chelsea goal. But got back into it well without really testing Begovic. Ragnar the Red with a very solid first game. Good coverage. Strong in the tackle. Winning balls the air. And distributing well. All the front three looking lively and Ejaria excellent the middle of the park. Real unlucky not to have an assist on the Firmino goal who just went too early. Very good paced work out in the heat with nothing to really choose between the sides. Unlucky not to be level.

Then there's Moreno ..... Braindead as ever. Both ends of the park. Man do we need someone in there the next two weeks.

Awful preseason semi friendly tackling.

I presume you mean for this absolute disgrace from Fabregas:

https://twitter.com/CapitalLivNews/status/758539598909861889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Klavan was lucky that didn't snap his leg in two. Dirty shithouse. Like I said, NO redeeming factors with the rent boys. Not sure how we lost that save for one awful defensive lapse and not enough care in the final ball. More or less completely dominated. Some very good interplay until the final pass. Bit concerning we didn't create more like against 10 men but that will come. Chelsea be Chelsea. The more the manager changes, the more the bus gets parked. Very good 90 minutes work. Very annoying, frustrating result.

Good showing from the US reds among the majority of the 53,117.

Last edited:
I presume you mean for this absolute disgrace from Fabregas:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/758529475688722432

Klavan was lucky that didn't snap his leg in two. Dirty shithouse. Like I said, NO redeeming factors with the rent boys. Not sure how we lost that save for one awful defensive lapse and not enough care in the final ball. More or less completely dominated. Some very good interplay until the final pass. Bit concerning we didn't create more like against 10 men but that will come. Chelsea be Chelsea. The more the manager changes, the more the bus gets parked. Very good 90 minutes work. Very annoying, frustrating result.

Good showing from the US reds among the majority of the 53,117.

Yeah exactly that tackle.

Couldn't agree more about the "bus" comment and I can add that the coaches of Chelsea are getting more unlikable (if its possible after mourinho).

Back