The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
..... When is you next friendly?

Saturday night/ Sunday morning against Milan in San Francisco.

I'll box have a look and box off the time for you. He'll defo be stating that one too.

7 PM PDT local time Saturday evening. So 3 AM BST here Sunday morning. Or 5 AM in Estonia with yourself. Doubt you want to be getting up at silly o'clock for that haha.

But they have had to use their coaching. It's why they are known as two of the best coaches in our generation. It's why players laud their methods. Trying to rewrite history to change that to make Klopp seem better and unique is an utter fantasy. It's never been in doubt before, yet suddenly now?

While its normal for fans of clubs to exaggerate the qualities of their manager, it was getting a bit too much in regards to Klopp on these forums. Something which I pointed out a few weeks ago and now further evidence of that.

There is a reason why so many players want to work with Jose or Pep. They make players improve leaps and bounds under their coaching. Klopp does the same as well albeit to a lesser extent in my opinion.

While its normal for fans of clubs to exaggerate the qualities of their manager, it was getting a bit too much in regards to Klopp on these forums. Something which I pointed out a few weeks ago and now further evidence of that.

There is a reason why so many players want to work with Jose or Pep. They make players improve leaps and bounds under their coaching. Klopp does the same as well albeit to a lesser extent in my opinion.

Oh you're a trip Alcarez.

It's fine for you to say nobody can say Klopp wouldn't spend mega millions as he's never had it so there's no basis for that. Regardless of what he himself has to say on the subject.

But it's not fine to point out the converse of where one man continually does work, by his own choosing as much as any circumstance, with less ready players he likes to coach up at lesser clubs financially as opposed to the other two who have, in the main, picked perfect scenarios and bought ready made players. Which by virtue is a whole lot less of a test of their coaching abilities. But no slight on their managerial abilities.

You are a trip man.

But they have had to use their coaching. It's why they are known as two of the best coaches in our generation. It's why players laud their methods. Trying to rewrite history to change that to make Klopp seem better and unique is an utter fantasy. It's never been in doubt before, yet suddenly now?

Also to put things in perspective, the amount Liverpool have spent on players so far this window is similar to Chelsea and more than City, Tottenham and Arsenal. So it seems like this whole idea of Klopp being averse to spending money was made only in comparison to United ignoring the fact that Liverpool are spending quite a lot relative to other teams in the league so far.

As you said, Klopp is a shrewd guy who knows what to say and when to say it. Another manager who understands the media well.

..... As you said, Klopp is a shrewd guy who knows what to say and when to say it. Another manager who understands the media well.

For 'shrewd' read 'brutally honest.' And that's not fan opinion. There's not many if any who know him, or have been in the media around him, either here or in Germany, will tell you he's anything but. He says what he believes. Period.

But you have your own agenda on what you chose to believe here so moving on .....

I don't wish to step into the middle of anything, but I'm pretty sure the 'plazzi' comments from Tezzz, without wishing to speak for him, aren't personal. They're just general you being a Chelsea supporter and all.

So I wouldn't take them personally at all for what that's worth.

Also to put things in perspective, the amount Liverpool have spent on players so far this window is similar to Chelsea and more than City, Tottenham and Arsenal. So it seems like this whole idea of Klopp being averse to spending money was made only in comparison to United ignoring the fact that Liverpool are spending quite a lot relative to other teams in the league so far.

As you said, Klopp is a shrewd guy who knows what to say and when to say it. Another manager who understands the media well.

Klopp is more up front than most. But he knows what to say too.

Liverpool will spend less than City for sure. But it will still be a decent wedge.

As for the plastic comments, I really don't care what the reason are, but it ends here. He can

Also to put things in perspective, the amount Liverpool have spent on players so far this window is similar to Chelsea and more than City, Tottenham and Arsenal.

I thought the start of this debate was that Klopp doens't like to invest those huge numbers in a single player, with the risk of him getting injured. I might just be wrong and you guys can keep going on :)

I thought the start of this debate was that Klopp doens't like to invest those huge numbers in a single player, with the risk of him getting injured. I might just be wrong and you guys can keep going on :)

Haha but honestly what are the chances of them getting a long-term injury that irreovocably wrecks their career? Thats a risk any club has to take no matter whats the transfer fee.

I'm not one for rumours at all, but today's Mario to Ajax link ...... PLEASE make it so!

Mario. In Amsterdam. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?
Yup lets pray its true. The possibility for lolz in that eventuality are infinite.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of that pillock with his FACTS who thot that LFC didnt spend anything on players when while he was there they spent more than most including UTD.

Klopp is so effin lovable ill admit to my chagrin but this incessant hagiography is getting tiresome.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of that pillock with his FACTS who thot that LFC didnt spend anything on players when while he was there they spent more than most including UTD.

..... Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hey now. Pillocks and their sheet waving 'facts' are acceptable and in vogue again since we got set straight on kids the other month.

Get with the new programme!

Last edited:
Thought of Tezz when I first saw the Karius news knew he would be happy

It is what it is man. No point getting bent outta' shape over it. Injury's happen. That's football.

Hopefully Karius' mere presence has jolted Mingolet to step up his game. He needs to if he wants to 1) keep his place beyond the opening 2 months, and 2) put himself in the shop window for next summer.

Social media's busy loosing it's **** like with 'Well that's the season well and truly ****** before it's even begun!' and other such codswallop.

It is what it is. That's football. Next man uo!

#LFCtrainstillreadytorollto#19

Last edited:
Back