The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah exactly that tackle.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp confirmed Fabregas went into Liverpool's dressing room after the game to apologise.
New Chelsea manager Antonio Conte also apologised for the challenge but insisted it was not intentional.

"I think that the fatigue sometimes can bring a [player] to go too late," he said.

"I know Fabregas is a good man, a good boy and is not a player to have this type of situation. I'm sorry for him, I'm sorry for the Liverpool player."

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp confirmed Fabregas went into Liverpool's dressing room after the game to apologise.
New Chelsea manager Antonio Conte also apologised for the challenge but insisted it was not intentional.

"I think that the fatigue sometimes can bring a [player] to go too late," he said.

"I know Fabregas is a good man, a good boy and is not a player to have this type of situation. I'm sorry for him, I'm sorry for the Liverpool player."
I am sorry to say it but he has done it before more than one times.

With all the Utd fans on tenterhooks over Pogba, one man is bucking the trend. That's why we employed him. He's building a football club. Not just for the short term.

Klopp unconcerned by Liverpool FC rivals' spending power - Liverpool Echo

Jurgen Klopp says the spending power of Liverpool’s Premier League rivals doesn’t bother him as he insisted: “I want to do it differently" .....
“If you bring one player in for £100million or whatever and he gets injured then it all goes through the chimney,” Klopp said.

​Taking of, live chat with him right now as I type as the club builds towards the third kit launch:

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/vb.67920382572/10154526635422573/?type=2&theater

Its pretty easy to say you are bucking the trend when you don't have money to spend in the first place. Managers spout the same old platitudes of 'building a football club' but give them £100m and all that goes out of the window. Boring.

Its pretty easy to say you are bucking the trend when you don't have money to spend in the first place. Managers spout the same old platitudes of 'building a football club' but give them £100m and all that goes out of the window. Boring.

But not boring enough to keep you coming back. (H).

Plastic opinions.

They spent more on Mane than we did on Miki, and having missed on Zielinksi, will pay more to get their alternate option in Wijnaldum.

Pep might spend a fair bit too, but there is no doubt both Manchester Clubs will be better off player wise than when they arrived.

Both clubs already had most of what they need, the key holes are just being filled. Worth noting that every target both Manchester clubs have gone for were noted as weak positions last season.

It's almost like they too, are building clubs.

Last edited:
But not boring enough to keep you coming back. (H).

They spent more on Mane than we did on Miki, and having missed on Zielinksi, will pay more to get their alternate option in Wijnaldum.

Pep might spend a fair bit too, but there is no doubt both Manchester Clubs will be better off player wise than when they arrived.

Both clubs already had most of what they need, the key holes are just being filled. Worth noting that every target both Manchester clubs have gone for were noted as weak positions last season.

It's almost like they too, are building clubs.

Couldn't agree more. If Klopp had money to spend, he would. Nothing wrong with it either. Many ways of 'building' a football club.

Couldn't agree more. If Klopp had money to spend, he would. Nothing wrong with it either. Many ways of 'building' a football club.

Klopp is shrewd, he knows what to say and when to say it, he knows what type of player he needs to aim at: young hungry and looking to improve, because Liverpool can't complete at the elite money table. And they want to, hence the improvements at Anfield to increase revenue.

People really have no concept of just how this this manager works, has always worked, and what drives him do they outside of a general view of today's game and why they're conditioned to believe should be the way?

Last edited:

And to the above, not only do you have no concept of how he works, you have little understanding of exactly what money has been available to him all summer.

Thoughts on the talk of Milner possibly filling in at fullback if needed?

That's why he's the perfect utility man. Covers most every position without complaint and will do a competent job doing it.

Still hopeful we'll sign a LB, either to start or push/ back-up Moreno. But if the right player for the long term isn't there in either role, Klopp's shown he'll make do rather than buy someone for the sake of it that we probably wouldn't want a year down the line. With the at some point returning Joe Gomez able to cover both FB slots, and Flanagan the long term back-up option who hopefully will be back to pushing to start a year down the line, the need to spend on cover is lessoned. Milner's not ideal, but he'll do a competent, emergency job if needed.

Back