The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It is what it is man. No point getting bent outta' shape over it. Injury's happen. That's football.

Hopefully Karius' mere presence has jolted Mingolet to step up his game. He needs to if he wants to 1) keep his place beyond the opening 2 months, and 2) put himself in the shop window for next summer.

Social media's busy loosing it's **** like with 'Well that's the season well and truly ****** before it's even begun!' and other such codswallop.

It is what it is. That's football. Next man uo!

#LFCtrainstillreadytorollto#19

Yeah I mean he may cost you a few goals but he will even that out with some worldies he had no right to save, if LFC want to challenge they need to be better defensively irrespective of the ming

Yeah I mean he may cost you a few goals but he will even that out with some worldies he had no right to save, if LFC want to challenge they need to be better defensively irrespective of the ming

He's had the odd wonder save, but it nowhere near levels out with his blunders mate..

Mingolet is inconsistent and in some positions you can take that but goalkeeper is definitely not one of them

More from Klopp on the way he works and coaches. Or is it just him being weird again? Who knows?

Klopp: Why Liverpool didn't sign Manchester United new boy Mkhitaryan - Liverpool Echo

'I had that player,” Klopp said. “If you have had players, you know more about them. You want to learn about other players. That's how it is.

“I knew quite early that he was going this way (to Old Trafford). There was absolutely no reason for me to jump in there. That isn’t how we work.
“We didn’t look for players we had already worked with. If you do that, you know their good, their bad and you wonder whether you will do it again.
“It’s not boring but you know everything about each other so how can you develop? Where is the next step? Where is the next push for development?

Klopp is more up front than most. But he knows what to say too.

Liverpool will spend less than City for sure. But it will still be a decent wedge.

As for the plastic comments, I really don't care what the reason are, but it ends here. He can

I'll add that to the list of names I can't use for other teams then, despite everyone referring to us as living on the dole and being stuck on the history channel.

Is this FM-Base or North Korea?

At the risk of continuing to nark the living **** out Alcaraz, for talking L'pool in a L'pool thread (Just WTF is THAT **** all about like? Weird Liverpudlians!), this is great:

[video=youtube;zzwyAk4n34s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwyAk4n34s[/video]

Last edited:
Mingolet is inconsistent and in some positions you can take that but goalkeeper is definitely not one of them

Meh, not half as worried this year as you would of been previous ones. The sides a heck of a lot stronger now back to front. They're getting serious training time together to fully implement what he wants. (Even with what we've held back the pre-season games you can see a marked difference in our style.). And there's goals a plenty all over the place to compensate if he did do one of his boneheaded f-up's.

We'll be good. As ***** as he's been, we're in a **** of a lot better place than most clubs would be being able to call on him as a back-up.

This time next weekend be on a train from Dusseldorf to Mainz.

Going home with Klopp. AGAIN! Looking forward to that one WAY more than the Arsenal opener the week after.

Can. Not. WAIT!

I'll add that to the list of names I can't use for other teams then, despite everyone referring to us as living on the dole and being stuck on the history channel.

Is this FM-Base or North Korea?
if it was north korea mate you would not be on the net

how can you not love that man

Best thing to hear mate is when Blue friends say they want to hate him. That they should be hating him because he's a red nosed *******! But they can't hate him because he's so honest, funny and likeable.

They get so frustrated stuck between not knowing where to stand on him haha.

Never had anyone like that since Shankly who I'm told had the same effect on reds and blues alike. Which in this City is really something.

Ibe just scored a decent goal for Bournemouth in a friendly, wonder how far he will kick on under Howe, at the right type of club though Howe plays football the right way, think they're my premiership team this season so long as Lewis Cook gets games

Ibe just scored a decent goal for Bournemouth in a friendly, wonder how far he will kick on under Howe, at the right type of club though Howe plays football the right way, think they're my premiership team this season so long as Lewis Cook gets games

That's his second goal at least thus far pre-season.

Whether he winds up back at ours in a year or two with the buy-back or not, I really hope he regains his confidence and fulfils his fantastic potential for his sake. All the mocking aside on here from people who hadn't seen his development and the marvellous potential he posses, he really is a wonderful, old fashioned winger with quite the bag of tricks when he's flying. Hopefully this ideal move gets that back with the regular game time he needed we couldn't offer this year, under as you noted a very promising young coach who plays attacking football the right way in a great little club where the pressure won't be as great.

Down to Jordan now. If he does, there's a door back to the top and L'pool waiting. But if he doesn't work hard and kick-on in that environment, he'll probably end up as another in a LONG line of very talented 'what might have-beens.'

The incentive is there. Now go prove it.

Last edited:
That's his second goal at least thus far pre-season.

Whether he winds up back at ours in a year or two with the buy-back or not, I really hope he regains his confidence and fulfils his fantastic potential for his sake. All the mocking aside on here from people who hadn't seen his development and the marvellous potential he posses, he really is a wonderful, old fashioned winger with quite the bag of tricks when he's flying. Hopefully this ideal move gets that back with the regular game time he needed we couldn't offer this year, under as you noted a very promising young coach who plays attacking football the right way in a great little club where the pressure won't be as great.

Down to Jordan now. If he does, there's a door back to the top and L'pool waiting. But if he doesn't work hard and kick-on in that environment, he'll probably end up as another in a LONG line of very talented 'what might have beans.'

The incentive is there. Now go prove it.

I have stuck him in my provisional FPL team for now, decent price £5.5m and Howe loves his flying wingers and seems to get the best out of them.

I have stuck him in my provisional FPL team for now, decent price £5.5m and Howe loves his flying wingers and seems to get the best out of them.

He's a DEFO cheap midfielder in my team as I did a recy the other night on prices. He'll play every game. In an attacking side. Real potential for decent points there. I just didn't want to tip anyone else off haha.

He's a DEFO cheap midfielder in my team as I did a recy the other night on prices. He'll play every game. In an attacking side. Real potential for decent points there. I just didn't want to tip anyone else off haha.

I am undec right now, I wanted to go Aguerovich but to have both weakens the rest of the team too much got Zlatan and then gone all on my midfield instead

Back