The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hey man being a Leeds fan can I get your opinion on Charlie Taylor. We've been linked with him, is he any good and do you think he can make the step up from the Championship.

Great minds haha. Been thinking of asking him for a while, but thought I'd wait until something more substantial, if it indeed does, comes of those links. Leeds look like they're trying to shop him to get something FWIW as he's not extending by all reports.

Hey man being a Leeds fan can I get your opinion on Charlie Taylor. We've been linked with him, is he any good and do you think he can make the step up from the Championship.

Yeah sure he is **** please don't buy him

No I kid I am just very protective of our youth products lol. Taylor very solid left back, good thing about him he actually knows how to defend, has great positional sense and offers great support to whoever plays left wing usually Dallas. You could probably check our stats but most of our successful or incisive attacks always came from the left hand side which is no coincidence or at least from the games I got to last year. Also has a decent throw in on him too,very tidy little player who maximises every ounce of ability he has. Now whether he can make the step up to the prem and to a team with title or top 4 aspirations man I dunno could be too much too soon for him or he will thrive.

Yeah sure he is **** please don't buy him

No I kid I am just very protective of our youth products lol. Taylor very solid left back, good thing about him he actually knows how to defend, has great positional sense and offers great support to whoever plays left wing usually Dallas. You could probably check our stats but most of our successful or incisive attacks always came from the left hand side which is no coincidence or at least from the games I got to last year. Also has a decent throw in on him too,very tidy little player who maximises every ounce of ability he has. Now whether he can make the step up to the prem and to a team with title or top 4 aspirations man I dunno could be too much too soon for him or he will thrive.

Ta man. And to d2 for asking.

If we did sign him, he'd more than likely be backing up Moreno for this year as Chilwell probably would of been whilst they still develop.

If you're all going to waste my time your personal agendas, I'll waste yours.

Manninger in nets? That makes absolutely zero sense to me. You've quite probably Klavan starting at Arsenal. Why would you not want Mingolet in to get the understanding? I don't get that at all Jurgen lad. Absolutely zero need to see Manninger or give him game time outside of Mainz.

Probably just looking at Milner again at LB as cover with the starting group but it'd be brilliant if he was seriously thinking about him ahead of Moreno. THAT'S how ***** Moreno is! Great to see Can back for the first time this summer. He and Wynaldum look a very exciting pivot.

Roma. Friendly or not, your nemesis 'The Red Death' is coming down the road!

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds!

Well that's the first time this pre-season (second half Huddersfield not withstanding when we ended up with a 'keeper up front after the Lucas injury) that we've had a traditional friendly kick-around where nobody's really arsed. End of a hard working tour in the evening heat and humidity of St. Louis.

Slow paced and laboured. Positives: Mane the one guy who is looking as lively as ever. His pace and movement is gonna' give oppo D's fits this year in behind. Milner's looked solid again at LB. And has gotten forward and overlapped/ interchanged with Mane down the left well. Wynaldum looks solid the middle without being spectacular. Yet. Really liking his offensive workrate. (We know how good he can be the other end of the pitch.). Ojo's equaliser. 1 goal. 5 assists through 7 pre-season games Not too shabby.

Negatives: Sturridge. Should of had a hat-trick. But barely troubled the 'keeper in any of them. Still seems reluctant to sprint. Which I half get with his hammy issues but with Origi breathing down his neck for Arsenal he needs to trust in himself and let go. Lovren having an absolute 'mare and being owned by Djeko. Manninger a couple of great saves. Then slow to get this 39 year old body down to the goal.

Now for the changes. It can only get better.

Last edited:
And mercifully that was that. 1-2 loss with a centre half pairing of Stewart and Wisdom naturally all over the place on the goal. Good 70 minutes for Wynaldum. Moreno off injured so maybe Milner will be needed at LB after all. Phil at least trying to create something.

While Klopp had previously stressed that performances were more important than results during pre-season, he expressed his disappointment at full-time, saying “hopefully this will be the last game like this for 500 years!”

Pretty much summed it up. An hour and a half of my life I aren't getting back in a hurry. Onto Barcelona. Or not if you're in Germany. (H).

Last edited:
Upon reflection today, I was too tame on Mingolet last night blaming Wisdom for the goal. Wisdom, Stewart and Moreno certainly f-up, but Karius reacts and throws himself at Salah. The same way he rectified his mistake at Wigan. The same way any competent 'keeper does. He just doesn't react and freezes like a deer in the headlights. Again.

**** good job there's lots of goals in the side this first couple of months.

charlie taylor handed in a transfer request today but the club rejected it FWIW Cellino will let him go if the price is right though just like he did with Byram, dissapointed but with all the madness going on at Leeds if he has a chance to move to the Prem with Pool and work under Klopp you take it, although I dunno if it is Pool why he has done this maybee you guys know more on your end. Really good little player but like I said yesterday big ask for him to step up to that level but would be a good backup for Moreno and with some coaching would probably be a better choice although I am biased

charlie taylor handed in a transfer request today but the club rejected it FWIW Cellino will let him go if the price is right though just like he did with Byram, dissapointed but with all the madness going on at Leeds if he has a chance to move to the Prem with Pool and work under Klopp you take it, although I dunno if it is Pool why he has done this maybee you guys know more on your end. Really good little player but like I said yesterday big ask for him to step up to that level but would be a good backup for Moreno and with some coaching would probably be a better choice although I am biased

Nothing substantial at all. Certainly not from anyone reliable. Just more rumours. We need a LB. It's an easy clickbait to link us to everyone going. Today it's De Sciglio. Yesterday it was Willems. The day before Hector again. And so it continues.

We might be interested but I wouldn't bank on it.

Last edited:
Can't help but feel this love affair with Klopp is going way O.T.T

Im starting to get bored of the Anti-Liverpool comments in here. If you dont like it GTFO into your own teams thread

Back