The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Some very encouraging signs and then some worrying one's.

For a twenty minute period we looked phenomenal. Mane looks a fantastic addition to the squad and the attacking options in our team is a big plus.

Still defensive worries, and no surprise Moreno continues to be an absolute calamity in defence. Very poor judgement throughout the summer to still not replace him.

Overall, 3 points and a great win to start the season.

Spot on. Winning against Arsenal is always good, especially away from home. But other rivals will not be as forthcoming

Moreno utterly diabolical. You have got to replace him if you are serious about winning the title. We used Mata to destroy him last season, and we were pedestrian. Imagine what this United, City or Chelsea could do to him. And the rest of the league are hardly lacking speedster wide players.

Spot on. Winning against Arsenal is always good, especially away from home. But other rivals will not be as forthcoming

Moreno utterly diabolical. You have got to replace him if you are serious about winning the title. We used Mata to destroy him last season, and we were pedestrian. Imagine what this United, City or Chelsea could do to him. And the rest of the league are hardly lacking speedster wide players.

He is just braindead. Lacks any kind of football brain.

Gave away the penalty with a stupid challenge and was completely out of position for alot of their chances, including the Walcott opening goal.

Milner would be an upgrade but still not the solution. Has to be replaced this summer

Some very encouraging signs and then some worrying one's.

For a twenty minute period we looked phenomenal. Mane looks a fantastic addition to the squad and the attacking options in our team is a big plus.

Still defensive worries, and no surprise Moreno continues to be an absolute calamity in defence. Very poor judgement throughout the summer to still not replace him.

Overall, 3 points and a great win to start the season.

Leaving Moreno aside as we know he shouldn't still be here, let alone playing, I took quite a few positives defensively from that among the negatives. Mainly we defended set pieces a **** of a lot better after conceding from one. And we saw out a 1 goal lead. Away from home at a place we never win. All with Matip to return in the middle, Can to return to give protection in front, and the 'keeper that isn't a clown to return in goal.

But that 15/20 minute period after half time ..... THAT was Kloppo heavy metal football at it's finest. We think we have problems at the back ..... NOBODY is going to live with us the other end when we click like that. Liverpool swarming everywhere with relentless movement and aggression. The Coutinho second ..... Goal of the opening weekend and then some for me. Mane absolutely sensational. Wynaldum suddenly alive second half and everywhere. And the man up top who didn't score Firmino, was my man of the match.

Moreno's an *** hat. We know that too well. Klopp's seemingly had his fill too the way Milner has suddenly been converted and bumped. But when L'pool play's L'pool football like that, as one, not many if any will live with us.

Roll on Burnley and the next victims.

He is just braindead. Lacks any kind of football brain.

Gave away the penalty with a stupid challenge and was completely out of position for alot of their chances, including the Walcott opening goal.

Milner would be an upgrade but still not the solution. Has to be replaced this summer

Indeed. The side still made errors, Moreno aside. Brilliant in bursts, hapless in others, and it wasn't all on Moreno. Some good signs, but will need to improve as the season goes on. Decent start to the season though.

The thing about this result for Liverpool is that we've seen it before. We know that Liverpool under Klopp can pull out these really fantastic results, what we still need to see from them is consistency. That is literally the only thing missing from this Liverpool side (apart from a LB :P) to make them a challenger for top 4 and the title.

What Liverpool need to do now is play like that against their next opposition (Burnley is it?) and just completely smash them, rather than what we saw last season which was fantastic win followed up by disappointing draw or loss.

Well that was unexpected. A blue just saying if L'pool play football like that in 15 minute spells every game, there's not a game they won't win this season.

Unnerving when the bitters, who normally go completely the opposite, are talking like that haha.

Unexpected thing of the morning number 2: Simon Mignolet levels record as Premier League's best penalty-saving goalkeeper - This Is Anfield

As much as I love to rag on him, actually thought he had one of his better games yesterday. Can't blame him for the goals that came from defensive lapses and a wicked deflection, but his overall game was solid and he was dominant the air which aided to our defending of set pieces better.

Still need to see this peno save like as I never watch penalty's at the match and always turn my back. Don't ask. Started as a young kid nervous as all heck in Rome '84. The girl behind me in Istanbul '05 was in hysterics that I'd gone all the way to another Continent (as most of us landed the Asian side the Bosphorus), and was watching her reaction rather than the actual shoot-out. Great pair of ..... 'arms' to leap into though like after Dudek saved the last penalty so there was method in the madness haha.

Top PL scorers thus far in 2016 with 45 goals.

This is gonna' be one **** of a fun ride this season.

Just sat down and watched the second half from yesterday because, well, when you open the season like that, at Arsenal, why wouldn't you want to watch it again? Haha.

As spellbinding as the first 15/20 minutes were (Phil's second ..... 33 passes back and fourth across the pitch pulling Arsenal all ways), the last 15 minutes plus the 5 injury time from Chambers third was equally as impressive to totally close the game out. I mean the game was done at 4-1 to all intents and purposes, but then the deflected goal and a sloppy period suddenly pulls it close at 3-4. Which in recent seasons we'd of panicked and more than likely ending up losing. The barnstormer at Norwich last year springs straight to mind along with the late Newcastle collapse at home. But we stepped up again with Mingolet barely troubled after their third with some real intelligent play from Henderson, Mane and Origi in particular who were all over winning it and holding it up buying time to just totally kill it and see out the win in a terribly difficult place to go. (Reading the free progi they handed out in recognition of 10 years at the Emirates the train home, Arsenal have only lost 35 of 280 games there. With only the one prior to ourselves.).

This team is evolving in so many facet's that hammers home again just how vitally important pre-season is and all the work put in there. TOTALLY different outfit from what he inherited and had limited time to coach last year.

Remembering we could also have been 5-2 up (I think it was 4-2 at the time), if Cou's legs didnt go.

Unexpected thing of the morning number 2: Simon Mignolet levels record as Premier League's best penalty-saving goalkeeper - This Is Anfield

As much as I love to rag on him, actually thought he had one of his better games yesterday. Can't blame him for the goals that came from defensive lapses and a wicked deflection, but his overall game was solid and he was dominant the air which aided to our defending of set pieces better.

Still need to see this peno save like as I never watch penalty's at the match and always turn my back. Don't ask. Started as a young kid nervous as all heck in Rome '84. The girl behind me in Istanbul '05 was in hysterics that I'd gone all the way to another Continent (as most of us landed the Asian side the Bosphorus), and was watching her reaction rather than the actual shoot-out. Great pair of ..... 'arms' to leap into though like after Dudek saved the last penalty so there was method in the madness haha.
As a shot stopper he s actually not bad at all...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Indeed. The side still made errors, Moreno aside. Brilliant in bursts, hapless in others, and it wasn't all on Moreno. Some good signs, but will need to improve as the season goes on. Decent start to the season though.
Yup. Plus it was prime Arsenal. Unprepared, soft and brittle.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

maybe there is no 1 he thinks he can get without going balls to the wall for

maybe there is no 1 he thinks he can get without going balls to the wall for

It's all real strange. You trust the manager like and I respect his valuation on Hector not being silly like Cologne wanted when he started off the summer at €8 million. But he's not the only LB out there that upgrades what we have. Don't think there's many L'pool fans who didn't have LB as a serious need the transfer market this summer.

Has to be something more in this. Surely we can't go through the window with only Moreno and now Milner at the position? Maybe they're waiting for Benteke to move before they bring someone else in?

It's all real strange. You trust the manager like and I respect his valuation on Hector not being silly like Cologne wanted when he started off the summer at €8 million. But he's not the only LB out there that upgrades what we have. Don't think there's many L'pool fans who didn't have LB as a serious need the transfer market this summer.

Has to be something more in this. Surely we can't go through the window with only Moreno and now Milner at the position? Maybe they're waiting for Benteke to move before they bring someone else in?
who knows mate prices this window are just dumb as **** like the gunners not willing to pay 60m on a st but that what thay need same as you lot need a lb pay the money but like i said this window is just batshit insane and is moreno really that tbh i have never seen him play

Back