The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just got round to watching the highlights of the Pool Arsenal game and Moreno has to go half as he is awful and half for his hair

Why not give Klavan a shot at LB? He has been impressive but afraid he will lose his spot to Matip.
How Liverpool fans like our Estonian viking?
I know he more defensive but he has played that position before.

I like Klavan and although I've never seen him play the position he doesn't strike me as a LB.

Against a typical quick, skillful winger there may be problems.

Why not give Klavan a shot at LB? He has been impressive but afraid he will lose his spot to Matip.
How Liverpool fans like our Estonian viking?
I know he more defensive but he has played that position before.

Wouldn't want it o a regular basis. Same with Milner. They'll both do a very competent, disciplined job if asked to play there. But you want a natural FB. And unless Mane flips, there's little defensive cover in front.

Gomez is the better 'emergency' depth cover when he's fit if it comes to versatile defenders. Quicker and more rangy.

What was interesting Sunday was Trent A-A now appears to of got the back-up RB gig being on the bench whilst Randall was back home playing for the U-23's. Made up like as he's a heck of a natural talent, as well as being another Scouser like Randall but a far better player. Just surprised he's been bumped into that first team cover role so quickly.

Wouldn't want it o a regular basis. Same with Milner. They'll both do a very competent, disciplined job if asked to play there. But you want a natural FB. And unless Mane flips, there's little defensive cover in front.

Gomez is the better 'emergency' depth cover when he's fit if it comes to versatile defenders. Quicker and more rangy.

What was interesting Sunday was Trent A-A now appears to of got the back-up RB gig being on the bench whilst Randall was back home playing for the U-23's. Made up like as he's a heck of a natural talent, as well as being another Scouser like Randall but a far better player. Just surprised he's been bumped into that first team cover role so quickly.

saw this morning that Hector being linked with Chelsea in the paper talk made me think of you.

that aside the window still has plenty of time you would imagine they have a plan for LB your net spend isn't too high is it especially if Benteke goes.

IF Joyce has got this one right then the manager has got this one BADLY wrong:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to persevere with Alberto Moreno | Football | Sport | Daily Express

I'll reserve judgement until Burnley as every journo worth a **** has been reporting today Millner was DEFO gonna' start yesterday had he been fit at LB.

This is a disaster in the making, unless Klopp can do surgery on Moreno.

Liverpool need to look at outside the decision of "Hector or bust"

saw this morning that Hector being linked with Chelsea in the paper talk made me think of you.

that aside the window still has plenty of time you would imagine they have a plan for LB your net spend isn't too high is it especially if Benteke goes.

The net spend will be in the positive when Benteke goes so no, finances shouldn't be a problem at all. Hectors extended at Cologne over the weekend so I doubt he goes anywhere now. And heck knows what sort of a fee they'd want for him now.

This is a disaster in the making, unless Klopp can do surgery on Moreno.

Liverpool need to look at outside the decision of "Hector or bust"

*'Hector and Chilwell or bust.' They are by all accounts the two he really wanted this summer but didn't agree with the respective clubs valuations. But yeah, it's a complete head scratcher how we've not seriously gone in for anyone else. Those aren't the only two that upgrade on Alby Moreno out there by any stretch.

Whilst I completely agree, as would most all L'pool fans, that a LB upgrade is badly needed and Moreno should never play for the club again; I wouldn't go down the line that it's a disaster waiting to happen if we don't get one in. The one positive right now is Moreno isn't the first choice LB. I presume Klopp figured, like he does with everyone, he could really knuckle down and coach him up this pre-season with concerted time but the fella' is thick as in a football sense and just won't take anything on board. So we're at least at the stage where the managers finally said 'enough's enough.' But that said Milner, although he'll do a sound enough job, isn't ideal at all over a duration starting back there and someone really needs to come in. And the change in the team set-up with better quality players that fit what he's wanted to do will have us scoring far more than we concede most weeks this year.

Had this been this point last summer it would of been disastrous. Now, although far from ideal, the worry isn't half as bad even if Moreno is forced to play.

Last edited:
Are Palace for real?

They now come back with a lower up front offer of £23 million (with a further £7 mil. in potential add-ons), than the last one they had rejected!

You're desperate for a striker. You obviously want Benteke. You've just got £25 million in from Everton. We've made it perfectly clear what we want and not a penny less. Pay the darn money! Why wait and drag it out another two weeks when you're invariably gonna' pay it anyway ultimately?

Idiots.

Why should they?
Put pressure on you guys. I mean why u get mad on this :D?
They understand that in no way he is in Klopps plan (if huge injury crisis isint coming). Why pay so much then for him, force Liverpool to drop in price is the sensible thing. Maybe they have some cheaper option available if Liverpool wont back down. In the end Liverpool will lose money and unhappy player on squad if not sold.....

The price isn't dropping. They'll pay it eventually or we'll keep him. Simple as. We have no desperate need to sell and certainly not on the cheap. There's more clubs than Palace desperate for a proven PL forward and he's that at a very good price.

The only thing I can see in their reasoning is drag it out until the deadline and they save themselves a £100 grand plus a week on wages for two weeks.

Last edited:
The price isn't dropping. They'll pay it eventually or we'll keep him. Simple as. We have no desperate need to sell and certainly not on the cheap. There's more clubs than Palace desperate for a proven PL forward and he's that at a very good price.

The only thing I can see in their reasoning is drag it out until the deadline and they save themselves a £100 grand plus a week on wages for two weeks.

It isnt on the cheap. Its £2.5m less than you spent on him last summer and hes had his worse season since he came to the PL. You will be looking at £20m if that in Jan if he dosnt sell and Klopp dosnt play him.

It isnt on the cheap. Its £2.5m less than you spent on him last summer and hes had his worse season since he came to the PL. You will be looking at £20m if that in Jan if he dosnt sell and Klopp dosnt play him.

Yeah, but prices have gone sky-high since last summer, especially with the new TV deal.

The TV Money has changed all of this. Prices are increasing and despite him having an average season at Liverpool the rise in finances of the PL teams mean a side will pay his asking price before the window close, I am almost certain of that.

Palace need a striker and if you put Benteke in a side that suits him he will be very, very good. Palace know that else they would have dropped interest the first time around

For a proven goalscorer that's bagged 53 goals the PL over his 4 years here when any reliable striker is in woefully short demand, I'd say £30 million is getting a complete bargain. ****, they've just sold Bolasie to Everton for £25 million. Chelsea have just paid more than that for a Belgium kid who's had two seasons in the sub-standard French league. He didn't have the best of seasons with L'pool last year and still bagged 9 goals. He'll score goals for someone more suited to what he brings.

They want him, as they so obviously do, they'll pay the money eventually.

Not sure why anyone is suprised that Palace are negotiating. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you don't try and get a better deal

The TV Money has changed all of this. Prices are increasing and despite him having an average season at Liverpool the rise in finances of the PL teams mean a side will pay his asking price before the window close, I am almost certain of that.....

Precisely. Proven PL quality strikers are in VERY short supply. Someone will cough up the money before the windows out.

No concerns at all with the club rightly sticking to their guns here. We hold all the cards.

Looking forward to seeing this up close the Leicester game next month. Look's aesthetically real nice how they're doing the build outside. Things frigging gigantic. Not many areas the City you can't see it from. Presumably they've sorted the f-up with the obstructed view seats out too.

[video=youtube;XW0Bv-wQtfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0Bv-wQtfk[/video]

Not sure why anyone is suprised that Palace are negotiating. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you don't try and get a better deal

I don't think anyone should be surprised - that's just business.

But similar to Liverpool when they signed Benteke last year, I think Palace will just resign themselves to paying the asking price with little alternatives elsewhere.

Looking forward to seeing this up close the Leicester game next month. Look's aesthetically real nice how they're doing the build outside. Things frigging gigantic. Not many areas the City you can't see it from. Presumably they've sorted the f-up with the obstructed view seats out too.

[video=youtube;XW0Bv-wQtfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0Bv-wQtfk[/video]
looks nice pity its still in liverpool im joking lol

I think it's more the fact that they apparently bid less than what the did last time when it was rejected

Back