The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think it's more the fact that they apparently bid less than what the did last time when it was rejected

Maybe they sense a desperation for Liverpool to offload him, or the original offer wasn't as high

Maybe they sense a desperation for Liverpool to offload him, or the original offer wasn't as high

Don't know really mate, could be either or both!

Still, if he doesn't go he offers something different to the Liverpool squad if needed

I don't think anyone should be surprised - that's just business.

But similar to Liverpool when they signed Benteke last year, I think Palace will just resign themselves to paying the asking price with little alternatives elsewhere.
Maybe so and you might get the money but they might pull an Arsenal and drop out over a few million. I could understand if they were offering £20m but for the shake of a couple million when you have already made good money on other players leaving this window seem strange, especially when he is one of you highest earning getting over £100k a week.

Last edited:
Maybe so and you might get the money but they might pull an Arsenal and drop out over a few million. I could understand if they were offering £20m but for the shake of a couple million when you have already made good money on other players leaving this window seem strange, especially when he is one of you highest earning getting over £100k a week.

Personally I think it makes a change us standing our ground - we've made losses on a lot of players recently due to poor recruitment.

It's more 7-9.5mil... their offer was only 23mil up front with the rest performance based add ons. According to most Liverpool want 30mil either up front or majority up front with the rest guaranteed over time

It's all real strange. You trust the manager like and I respect his valuation on Hector not being silly like Cologne wanted when he started off the summer at €8 million. But he's not the only LB out there that upgrades what we have. Don't think there's many L'pool fans who didn't have LB as a serious need the transfer market this summer.

Has to be something more in this. Surely we can't go through the window with only Moreno and now Milner at the position? Maybe they're waiting for Benteke to move before they bring someone else in?

The thing you've got to take into account is that Klopp will be hammering at him to get up the wing to attack at all times. The full-backs will have a massive role to play in counter-attacking.

Moreno is on his last leg, he needs to impress this season, but has probably had the worst start to it. 37 premier league games to decide his future at Liverpool in my opinion.

Don't know really mate, could be either or both!

Still, if he doesn't go he offers something different to the Liverpool squad if needed

We will know more in a week. Someone will blink first. Especially if Benteke puts pressure on wanting to really move on.

Hugo Lloris out 4 weeks for Tottenham with a hammy. That evens out not having Karius a week Sat'day dinner.

Always understood why Torres left - we were stagnating and Chelsea were competing on every level. What he say's is the truth.

Indeed, He told Pepe Reina this, and he told Tony Barrett. It's been out there for so long, but no one listened because it showed Liverpool in a bad it.

Liverpool (the board) made promises to him, didn't keep them, then sold him out

Indeed, He told Pepe Reina this, and he told Tony Barrett. It's been out there for so long, but no one listened because it showed Liverpool in a bad it.

Liverpool (the board) made promises to him, didn't keep them, then sold him out

In the end, we got 50mil for a declining player and Torres got the success he wanted... Kind of win/win.

It's just a shame there was never a Torres/Suarez partnership

Always understood why Torres left - we were stagnating and Chelsea were competing on every level. What he say's is the truth.

And his observation turned out to be true. It takes time for success when Liverpool try to rebuild the way they are doing now with inevitable ups and downs such as such managers being sacked and player acquisitions failing.

And his observation turned out to be true. It takes time for success when Liverpool try to rebuild the way they are doing now with inevitable ups and downs such as such managers being sacked and player acquisitions failing.

Yep. If Klopp succeeds in challenging/winning the league it will be an unbelievable achievement.

The whole mentality at Liverpool from the owners makes it hard to challenge with the money that's in the game nowadays.. It's an admirable way of doing things, but it's very hard to make it work.

Yep. If Klopp succeeds in challenging/winning the league it will be an unbelievable achievement.

The whole mentality at Liverpool from the owners makes it hard to challenge with the money that's in the game nowadays.. It's an admirable way of doing things, but it's very hard to make it work.

Indeed. They have praised Kroenke's model before, let's hope they do not copy it, because Arsenal have been impeded by it.

..... How Liverpool fans like our Estonian viking? .....

I don't put much credence on a lot of stats in modern day footie. Many are completely superfluous and don't tell anything like the whole story. They can be manipulated to suit most any argument. The 'stats' will tell you Alby Moreno for example 'created' more chances than any other footballer in Europe last year. Which sounds great until you discover that a 5 yard lay off to Phil who then invariably blazed it over the bar from 20 yards out goes down as a 'chance created.'

That said, to put some individual context in answering on Ragnar, his debut Sunday was fantastic. 100% of his tackles won (3)/ 9 clearances- More than any other player on the park. Unbelievably Arsenal's centre half's only had ONE each/ 75% of his ariel duals won (3)/ 2 blocks, and 85% passing accuracy. Not too shabby at all.

Just a continuation from the solid, simple style he's shown all pre-season to the extent that when we saw the team news Sunday, nobody was concerned at all that he was making his debut at centre half. His positional intelligence not only in his own role, but in covering for others has stood out thus far too.

So to answer your question, we're loving him and more so he's loving his big opportunity at 31 to play for one of the giants:

[video=youtube;x_uSaA4kDfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uSaA4kDfM[/video]

Loved the way he was very grounded too after the arsenal game in enjoying a great victory but pointing out what still needs to be worked on.

Whether he becomes a regular, or just a solid *** back-uo, Ragnar the Red is already a cult hero in the making.

Last edited:
Interesting news from Spain is that Liverpool are in for Mustafi.

The big plus point to this deal is Luis Alberto who would go the other way. (I wouldn't laugh too much at Arsenal if this is at all true)

Interesting news from Spain is that Liverpool are in for Mustafi.

The big plus point to this deal is Luis Alberto who would go the other way. (I wouldn't laugh too much at Arsenal if this is at all true)

Meh, we're more than set at centre half. Even if we say there's 'uncertainty' over Sakho. Flanno's the long term RB competition.

Put that down to just more L'pool clickbate.

Great target but would make no sense at this stage.

Sounds like someone putting pressure on Arsenal.

At least make it believable at name a club who are actually looking for a CB

Back