The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I dont know. There is no talk about it, but I think it will be one game ban like they did for Ronaldo.

Should be a one game ban. Rooney was the (ridiculous) exception rather than the rule imo.

Roo's a lucky boy then? FA will take no action over United star's 'V-sign at Chelsea fans'

Don’t forget about Micah Richards, who swore, live in front of millions, while speaking to BBC’s Gareth Crooks in March 2006. Again, there was no investigation and Richards never apologized.

Harry Redknapp, who called Wayne Rooney a “silly boy” must have let his training ground rant at an unskilled reserve, during an interview, slip his mind. Redknapp didn’t apologize for his potty mouth and went unpunished,

as he did earlier this season, when threatening to abandon his post-match media duties after being criticised for maligning Mark Clattenburg.

England and Chelsea full-back, Ashley Cole, didn’t shoot his mouth off but he did shoot and wound a 21-year-old student on work experience at the club’s training ground. Yet, the FA didn’t feel that there was sufficient ammunition to warrant a charge.

John Terry escapes assault charge after complaint from Wolves steward
Chelsea and England defender John Terry will not face a criminal inquiry over claims that he injured a steward near the end of a Premier League match, police have said.

Mario Balotelli is set to be told today by the Football Association that he has no case to answer over the post-match row on the pitch at Wembley on Saturday.

The Manchester City striker has been criticised by Rio Ferdinand for his conduct after City's 1-0 win over Manchester United, but the FA has decided that nothing in the footage they have seen suggests that Balotelli was guilty of improper conduct.

Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to escape punishment from the FA despite his stinging criticism of linesman John Flynn for awarding Newcastle a fiercely controversial penalty at Old Trafford.

The Manchester United manager branded Flynn's decision to flag for Rio Ferdinand's challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa as 'one of the worst I have ever seen' and questioned whether he would be allowed to officiate in the Premier League again.

read this in the mirror today in Oliver Holt's column and he is right tbh

So after Fulham fans baited Luis Suarez for much of the game on Monday night, he gave some of them the finger.

So what. If you give it out, you've got to be prepared to take it.

And let's not go back down the tiresome road of footballers being role models. Parents should be a kid's role model, not Luis Suarez.

most of these have nothing to with Suarez getting charged...

Might be a biased view, but (wouldn't say picked on) does feel like were being made a harsh/unfair example of. Just hope other teams get treated the same, i see players surround the ref worse than Liverpool did every week, very harsh.

Maybe getting there own back on Dalglish for his criticism earlier in the season?

Might be a biased view, but (wouldn't say picked on) does feel like were being made a harsh/unfair example of. Just hope other teams get treated the same, i see players surround the ref worse than Liverpool did every week, very harsh.

Maybe getting there own back on Dalglish for his criticism earlier in the season?

United have been through this before. The FA can be quite political in how they deal with you

United have been through this before. The FA can be quite political in how they deal with you

United haven't had it nearly as harsh as this. The Rooney swearing to the camera was ridiculous and FA had no option but no charge him. reluctantly. Suarez didn't swear to the camera, it wouldn't even be in the public eye if not for the media, Suarez was answering Fulham fans that were abusing him, he shouldn't of reacted, but he is only human.

Fergies on the referees back constantly and more often than not gets away with it. That most from madmonkey sums it up quite well I think.

United haven't had it nearly as harsh as this. The Rooney swearing to the camera was ridiculous and FA had no option but no charge him. reluctantly. Suarez didn't swear to the camera, it wouldn't even be in the public eye if not for the media, Suarez was answering Fulham fans that were abusing him, he shouldn't of reacted, but he is only human.

Fergies on the referees back constantly and more often than not gets away with it. That most from madmonkey sums it up quite well I think.

You kidding right? SAF has has the most fines of any manager. Sorry he has been caught you cant say Rooney was fine and then say Suarez is being done over. It was in the public since he swore at the crowd. Please dont pretend that only liverpool can be victims, the likes of Carragher and gerrard have both got away with it before

So it's okay to swear at the fans, but not the camera? Are you being serious? I disagree with punishing it full stop, but if you're punishing one you punish the others equally. If anything, Suarez' is worst. Suarez wouldn't be in the public eye if not for the media, you couldn't even hear what Rooney said till you were forced to hear it on loop for a day by Sky, whereas thousands of fans could blatantly see Suarez.

Your comment about Ferguson, really? This is the man who got charged for COMPLIMENTING a referee.

What's with Liverpool playing the blame game recently? All I've seen is that it's Ferguson's fault that Suarez is being victimised, that Suarez and Liverpool are being bullied by FA. What next, are the FA shortening the goalposts for Liverpool, is Ferguson forcing Suarez to be woeful in front of goal, bribing the referees to red card your players? Take responsibility for your own **** players and team, through the good and bad.

You kidding right? SAF has has the most fines of any manager. Sorry he has been caught you cant say Rooney was fine and then say Suarez is being done over. It was in the public since he swore at the crowd. Please dont pretend that only liverpool can be victims, the likes of Carragher and gerrard have both got away with it before

I'm not saying Fergie doesn't get fined, but the amount of times he does it! the fines dont even affect him, they should do something more for anyone the more times they have been charged. Newcastle last week for example, nothings been said about his post-match comments?

I'm not condemning Suarez' actions, he does need to grow up a bit, however I think too much is being made of it, we dont know what context it's in, weather it was aggressive, as a reaction or out of pure frustration. I do think Suarez did deserve to be fined though, it has been coming. It's the other charge I disagree with, what else is expected from the players when they see there team mate be in there eyes wrongly sent off? I wouldn't describe it as aggresive towards the ref and the only one who has maybe slightly in the wrong was Carroll as he traveled very far (as did Reina, but he was captain so justified). Dalglish did well in my opinion not to have a go at Kevin Friend in my opinion had a shocker.

What did Gerrard and Carra get away with? (except the incident with Stevie in the bar)

I'm not saying Fergie doesn't get fined, but the amount of times he does it! the fines dont even affect him, they should do something more for anyone the more times they have been charged. Newcastle last week for example, nothings been said about his post-match comments?

I'm not condemning Suarez' actions, he does need to grow up a bit, however I think too much is being made of it, we dont know what context it's in, weather it was aggressive, as a reaction or out of pure frustration. I do think Suarez did deserve to be fined though, it has been coming. It's the other charge I disagree with, what else is expected from the players when they see there team mate be in there eyes wrongly sent off? I wouldn't describe it as aggresive towards the ref and the only one who has maybe slightly in the wrong was Carroll as he traveled very far (as did Reina, but he was captain so justified). Dalglish did well in my opinion not to have a go at Kevin Friend in my opinion had a shocker.

What did Gerrard and Carra get away with? (except the incident with Stevie in the bar)

Gerrard has elbowed a player, V-sign to the referee, probably more that I can't think of right now.

So Saf doesnt get away with it.

Gerrard has actually sworn at the ref on two occaison in the last few years. as has Carragher.

The charges are fair, you charged the ref. Suarez isnt the only player to face that charge (ronaldo served a game ban).

So far there is no indication liverpool will contest the charges

Gerrard has actually sworn at the ref on two occaison in the last few years. as has Carragher.

You're surely joking here? Referees get sworn at every single game, usually several times, to punish certain players for it would be ludicrous.

Tbh all this hoo-ha would've been avoided if it was down to a few simple things. Stupid punishments not being handed out (like the one where SAF was complimenting as Joel pointed out), and punishments being handed out fairly and when absolutely necessary and not when they feel like doing it. Then there wouldn't be these accusations of clubs being singled out-but in some cases those accusations can be with foundation-the Suarez case is justified as it was childish (and it'll get the old "footballers are role models" bandwagon merchants going again). Though it would also help if some players acted like professionals. Though it doesn't help with the gutter press's obsession with doing their best to get negative press on footballers on a daily basis.

I can see us possibly contesting the team charge, but can see why if we dont.

Tbf a lot of players do swear at the ref, not saying its right, cant remember Stevie or carra doing so though? The V sign was surely misinterpreted was it not? he was indicating 2 fouls or something? cant quite remember. If the elbow your on about is for the Brown one against Portsmouth then thats a joke or the one on welbeck against Sunderland probably was a red on other days but that was in the final minutes of the game. Players dont get charged for red card unless there particularly viscous anyway are they? please correct me.

Fergie does get away with it SOMETIMES.

You're surely joking here? Referees get sworn at every single game, usually several times, to punish certain players for it would be ludicrous.

Erm its an actual rule, so yeah.

I can see us possibly contesting the team charge, but can see why if we dont.

Tbf a lot of players do swear at the ref, not saying its right, cant remember Stevie or carra doing so though? The V sign was surely misinterpreted was it not? he was indicating 2 fouls or something? cant quite remember. If the elbow your on about is for the Brown one against Portsmouth then thats a joke or the one on welbeck against Sunderland probably was a red on other days but that was in the final minutes of the game. Players dont get charged for red card unless there particularly viscous anyway are they? please correct me.

Fergie does get away with it SOMETIMES.

The weleck one was poor, and it shouldnt matter when it happens. that was violent conduct, which is a straight red and a 3 match man

Gerrard has elbowed a player, V-sign to the referee, probably more that I can't think of right now.

Hmm, players swear at referees all the time, everyone knows that. I don't think you'd be able to count the amount of times a player tells the ref to go **** himself during a game.

Back