The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
And multiple players have sworn on camera, but I remember oh so many people saying that a 2 game ban for Rooney was justified.

I personally think ref's are to lenient when it comes to the abuse they receive. But, you cannot punish a play for surrounding the ref or swearing at them because teams like Barca would never finish a game with 11 men. Oh well.

I can't remember many players swearing directly at a camera apart from Rooney and Maradona, one got a ban the other got a drugs test. They seem fair punishments. In fact Maradona didn't even swear, he was just mental.

That's a very different argument for a start. It was Suarez' intention for him to offend, you said it wasn't his intention for it to get big. Besides, people should actually think about what they say and not offend someone, if you care about not offending them.

My point is that it's ridiculous how so many people desperately clung to silly arguments to justify Rooney being banned for 2 games, and then when the tables are turned it's an injustice.

Okay wrong example, but surely you get my point? intention is huge.

I never said anything about Rooney personally and if Suarez does get a 2 game ban then fair enough. It's consistent no need to complain. Its the team charge that is ridiculous

I personally think ref's are to lenient when it comes to the abuse they receive. But, you cannot punish a play for surrounding the ref or swearing at them because teams like Barca would never finish a game with 11 men. Oh well.

I can't remember many players swearing directly at a camera apart from Rooney and Maradona, one got a ban the other got a drugs test. They seem fair punishments. In fact Maradona didn't even swear, he was just mental.

[video=youtube;7hxpdP0eI1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hxpdP0eI1o[/video]

[video=youtube;V2w9ULSS3s4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2w9ULSS3s4[/video]

[video=youtube;xY_AGlAqcm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY_AGlAqcm0[/video]

And the list goes on

****, the FA didn't feel like suspending Rooney from the World Cup games after his outburst there, did they?

Really? You're comparing Rooney shouting abuse at a camera to 3 guys who swore by accident? Probably had something to do with the fact they had each won a cup?

I agree about them not punishing him for the WC though. FA are about as consistent as their referees.

Last edited:
Its not at all surprising, FA are inconsistent and we know that from many years. Chris Baird got match ban for showing V sign to the ref in the game against Liverpool, but one or two seasons back Gerrard was unpunished for the same incident.

Rio got banned for elbowing Hull player while Mascha did same against Leeds but was unpunished.

Its just FA are incompetent and inconsistent.

I heard Suarez could get a month ban? On the radio. Hope not, that's more than what Rooney got aint it

A lot of Liverpool blogs are digging up recent incidents of players who swore and got away with it and trying to make it look like he's being singled out. But the fact is this season the FA have punished everyone they have caught doing similar things. Suarez did something stupid and should receive his one game ban. Deal with it (Unless it's anything more than that, that would be a complete **** move by the FA).

In an ideal world clubs would be punished for every one of their fans who is caught on camera swearing at and abusing players.

I'm still unsure why Liverpool are being punished for failing to control their players though. Shrugs.

What Lee said.
@Rowan, if it's one month ban, I'll be seriously, seriously worried for the future of football.

What Lee said.
@Rowan, if it's one month ban, I'll be seriously, seriously worried for the future of football.

Someone is scaremongering, there is no way they could uphold a month ban for this. Pretty sure it carries a maximum 2 game ban anyway

I read somewhere this morning, can't remember where as I was in a hurry, that LS could be banned for most of January.

Let's just wait till we hear the facts, and drop the rumours. Just gonna make it worse for ourselves.

I read somewhere this morning, can't remember where as I was in a hurry, that LS could be banned for most of January.

Let's just wait till we hear the facts, and drop the rumours. Just gonna make it worse for ourselves.

See reply above. Only thing that could get him banned that long is the racism charge

Here it is, if anybody is interested in reading it. As Mike. said above ^ only thing that could get him banned for a month is the racism case.

Liverpool: Luis Suarez could be banned most of January as charged by FA over gesture at fans - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

One match ban, possibly two if they are as dickish as they were towards Rooney.

I think he could get banned on the racism charge. First he said he said nothing, and stuck to that for ages, and then he finally admitted he said something. If he really didnt mean it in that way he could have admitted he said all this and properly apologised for it (not in a ridiculous blatter manner).

One match ban, possibly two if they are as dickish as they were towards Rooney.

I think he could get banned on the racism charge. First he said he said nothing, and stuck to that for ages, and then he finally admitted he said something. If he really didnt mean it in that way he could have admitted he said all this and properly apologised for it (not in a ridiculous blatter manner).

Can't see more than a one match ban happening personally.

"Racism is alright, as long as you shake hands and apologise afterwards". Complete bullshit. Only problem with the Suarez case is: Is he a racist? Glen Johnson is black, and they seem to get along fine.

Can't see more than a one match ban happening personally.

"Racism is alright, as long as you shake hands and apologise afterwards". Complete bullshit. Only problem with the Suarez case is: Is he a racist? Glen Johnson is black, and they seem to get along fine.

When i said if he didnt mean it, im talking about lost in translation (looking at both sides) I dont think he is racist. I do think he was trying to be a **** and get under his skin, but he has picked a racist jibe that may fly in uruguay, but certainly not here.

That's why think his initial actions stack against him, in terms of changing his story on what he said

Glen Johnson is black, and they seem to get along fine.

That actually made me laugh out loud, not your fault, just.. I dunno.. I just don't see the use of an excuse of 'I have black mates, honest!' as a argument to his case..

That actually made me laugh out loud, not your fault, just.. I dunno.. I just don't see the use of an excuse of 'I have black mates, honest!' as a argument to his case..

Point is, if he was racist, I think either Glen (most likely) or Suarez, would've wanted out of the club.

Like Mike said above, it was most likely lost in translation, and was completely misunderstood.

It always makes me laugh that point. What i was saying, was that, if it was genuinely lost in translation, why not just come out and say it was? Why deny you said it? then admit you said something? I'm trying to see where he might be ok on his, but his actions dont stack up tbh

Point is, if he was racist, I think either Glen (most likely) or Suarez, would've wanted out of the club.

Yeah, I got what you meant, just found it was a rather awesome way of saying it. :)

Back