The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hmm, players swear at referees all the time, everyone knows that. I don't think you'd be able to count the amount of times a player tells the ref to go **** himself during a game.

Its still a rule. Once again the issue is consistency

The weleck one was poor, and it shouldnt matter when it happens. that was violent conduct, which is a straight red and a 3 match man

maybe, I do think the 'elbow' rule is a bit harsh though, when you jump most the time your elbows will move. Typical example is Ballotelli the other week at Anfield, although not a straight red, it probably wasn't even a foul.

You're surely joking here? Referees get sworn at every single game, usually several times, to punish certain players for it would be ludicrous.

Down here in the third world swearing at a ref gets you a red and sometimes a 3 match suspension if you get caught.

I can see us possibly contesting the team charge, but can see why if we dont.

Tbf a lot of players do swear at the ref, not saying its right, cant remember Stevie or carra doing so though? The V sign was surely misinterpreted was it not? he was indicating 2 fouls or something? cant quite remember. If the elbow your on about is for the Brown one against Portsmouth then thats a joke or the one on welbeck against Sunderland probably was a red on other days but that was in the final minutes of the game. Players dont get charged for red card unless there particularly viscous anyway are they? please correct me.

Fergie does get away with it SOMETIMES.

Just like United SOMETIMES get all of the good draws in cups. And United SOMETIMES get all the decisions. And United SOMETIMES score in injury time.

You forget all teams get these, sometimes means it's not a fact. Why everyone has to incessantly go on about everything going United's way is beyond me, and then change it to "They get it all their way.... except this time." when they're inevitably proven wrong. So tedious.

maybe, I do think the 'elbow' rule is a bit harsh though, when you jump most the time your elbows will move. Typical example is Ballotelli the other week at Anfield, although not a straight red, it probably wasn't even a foul.

yeah we could get into the ins and outs, but i thought the welbeck one was bad.

But back to Suarez, players have been done for it before, and he's invited the opportunity to get pinged. It'd be nice if the Fa were consistent, but he isnt the first

Hmm, players swear at referees all the time, everyone knows that. I don't think you'd be able to count the amount of times a player tells the ref to go **** himself during a game.

And multiple players have sworn on camera, but I remember oh so many people saying that a 2 game ban for Rooney was justified.

So it's okay to swear at the fans, but not the camera? Are you being serious? I disagree with punishing it full stop, but if you're punishing one you punish the others equally. If anything, Suarez' is worst. Suarez wouldn't be in the public eye if not for the media, you couldn't even hear what Rooney said till you were forced to hear it on loop for a day by Sky, whereas thousands of fans could blatantly see Suarez.

Your comment about Ferguson, really? This is the man who got charged for COMPLIMENTING a referee.

What's with Liverpool playing the blame game recently? All I've seen is that it's Ferguson's fault that Suarez is being victimised, that Suarez and Liverpool are being bullied by FA. What next, are the FA shortening the goalposts for Liverpool, is Ferguson forcing Suarez to be woeful in front of goal, bribing the referees to red card your players? Take responsibility for your own **** players and team, through the good and bad.

When did Fergie get charged for complimenting the ref? I must of missed that somehow =/

Suarez does deserve the majority of what he's getting but I think some people are sort of kicking him while he's down if you know what I mean? I dont think many people except Liverpool fans like him tbh and I can see why, but he is a great little player and does frustrate me when he goes down easy and does things like the swearing incident. He clearly isnt a finisher either :P

You seriously cant say Suarez' is worse than Rooneys? I do like Rooney aswell believe it or not

When did Fergie get charged for complimenting the ref? I must of missed that somehow =/

Suarez does deserve the majority of what he's getting but I think some people are sort of kicking him while he's down if you know what I mean? I dont think many people except Liverpool fans like him tbh and I can see why, but he is a great little player and does frustrate me when he goes down easy and does things like the swearing incident. He clearly isnt a finisher either :P

You seriously cant say Suarez' is worse than Rooneys? I do like Rooney aswell believe it or not

Fault my logic. I'm of the opinion an untainted visual image is more clear than Rooney swearing over 40,000 fans and his whole team screaming around him.

yeah we could get into the ins and outs, but i thought the welbeck one was bad.

But back to Suarez, players have been done for it before, and he's invited the opportunity to get pinged. It'd be nice if the Fa were consistent, but he isnt the first

The only thing we all want is consistency.
I do agree with the Suarez charge. He does himself no favours

Off top of my head can't remember what team they were playing or who the ref was, but the association came in very heavy handed with the can't say anything about the ref rule

Fault my logic. I'm of the opinion an untainted visual image is more clear than Rooney swearing over 40,000 fans and his whole team screaming around him.

I see what you're saying, but it wasnt Suarez' intention for it to go so big, although it was always going to happen, Rooney must of known what he was doing by shouting aggresively in to a camera?

Again, I do agree with the Suarez' charge

Erm its an actual rule, so yeah.

Still something that happens several times a match, if every player who swore during a match was punished the Premier League would have virtually no players.

Off top of my head can't remember what team they were playing or who the ref was, but the association came in very heavy handed with the can't say anything about the ref rule

Wow that is very harsh, still for the idea of refs being allowed to give their view of things in an interview after the games and admitt the made a mistake once seeing replays, cant see any harm

I see what you're saying, but it wasnt Suarez' intention for it to go so big, although it was always going to happen, Rooney must of known what he was doing by shouting aggresively in to a camera?

Again, I do agree with the Suarez' charge

So what if it wasn't his intention, don't do it. Your intention is irrelevant, your action is. Imma just go drop an anvil out of my window, if it hits someone, it wasn't my intention to kill them, I just felt like dropping an anvil y'know.

And I disagree with both charges. I said if anything, Suarez' is worst.

Wow that is very harsh, still for the idea of refs being allowed to give their view of things in an interview after the games and admitt the made a mistake once seeing replays, cant see any harm

Ex-refs wouldn't mind them admitting stuff either. But their association is run by a dictator unfortunately

Still something that happens several times a match, if every player who swore during a match was punished the Premier League would have virtually no players.

If they were consistent and players knew they'd get punished, it'd quickly stop. Or they could just drop the rule. It's just like the shirt pulling rule from set pieces, no referee ever does anything about it, but as soon as one does it quickly stops in the game.

If they were consistent and players knew they'd get punished, it'd quickly stop. Or they could just drop the rule. It's just like the shirt pulling rule from set pieces, no referee ever does anything about it, but as soon as one does it quickly stops in the game.

Don't get me started on that after what Shawcross did during the Everton v Stoke game

So what if it wasn't his intention, don't do it. Your intention is irrelevant, your action is. Imma just go drop an anvil out of my window, if it hits someone, it wasn't my intention to kill them, I just felt like dropping an anvil y'know.

And I disagree with both charges. I said if anything, Suarez' is worst.

Surely intent is a huge part of it? if I offended someone on purpose surely its much much worse than offending someone by accident?

If you disagree with both charges what's your point :P

or it would quickly get stamped out...

Surely intent is a huge part of it? if I offended someone on purpose surely its much much worse than offending someone by accident?

If you disagree with both charges what's your point :P

That's a very different argument for a start. It was Suarez' intention for him to offend, you said it wasn't his intention for it to get big. Besides, people should actually think about what they say and not offend someone, if you care about not offending them.

My point is that it's ridiculous how so many people desperately clung to silly arguments to justify Rooney being banned for 2 games, and then when the tables are turned it's an injustice.

Back