The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hope the vocals coming over. This end is ******* bouncing. Stood up. Funny that. FAR more enjoyable than Arsenal. And that was boss. But yers probably have to be a long standing match going fan to fully appreciate that.

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds!

Are you on your phone/online while you're at a game mate? lol

Hope the vocals coming over. This end is ******* bouncing. Stood up. Funny that. FAR more enjoyable than Arsenal. And that was boss. But yers probably have to be a long standing match going fan to fully appreciate that.

This is one of the reasons I used to love going to Rugby League over the football because they had terraces still, most teams have all seated now and that's **** although there is still a few aways that do.

Personally standing at a match is overrated never got the obsession with it

Unsponsored this year mate. The EFL (English Football League) Cup. Which will always be simply the 'League Cup' to me.

What have we been through? The Milk Cup/ Littlewoods Cup/ Rumbelows Cup/ Coca-Cola Cup/ Worthington Cup/ Capiral One Cup ..... Am I missing any? Personal favourite was the Milk Cup, with gigantic inflatable bottles of Milk on the halfway line before kick-off haha. Love to of been in that marketing meeting when someone from the Milk board went 'I have the perfect way to blow all our advertising budget this year lads. Football! Hear me out ...., '

Should have drove on the pitch in milk floats to take off the injured players

That was the most enjoyable away in years. ****** all over standing at Wimbledon and Exeter. Old school without the aggro haha. And what was boss was a lot of the young lads knew all the arl songs we were singing way back when that got an airing. You know it's gonna' be a boss night when you walk in the pub you went before and after the Burton-Colchester game and the regulars are like 'I know you! ..... F-ing ****! The Scouse lads are back!' Celebs us like haha! Brilliant, brilliant night in one of the best drinking towns in the Country topped off with a brilliant L'pool performance.

Just hope Emre's not serious.

Back on the march with Jurgens Army!

Last edited:
Yeah it's a great 4 days a year when that happens in the UK

Reminds me of a Little Britain skit which goes something like this:

"Scotland. A place where the sun shines .......... every Thursday the 2nd of August, between 12.15 and 12.45!"

Just how quick is Mane? Fellas absolutely rapid. Watching him last night going across field and he has 3 or 4 yards on the defender before he's turned. Sideways! We've had quick players. Rushie was no slouch. Then real speedsters like McManaman, Owen and Sterling but he's lightening rapid. Don't think I've honestly ever seen a player that naturally fast in a L'pool shirt. Been real impressed with his defensive work too. Which appeared to be a knock from Southampton fans. Seems like he's really wanting to show he and the team belong now he's finally at a major club.

And on the flip side to Sadio, step forward Jordan Henderson .....

I'd love anyone to tell me just what he brings to the side outside of work rate. ***** scoring return. Woeful passer. ***** out of most every challenge. And leads less than Corbyn! (Probably the only Scouser still with massive doubts on Corbyn but this isn't a political debate.). Again last night he was by far our worst player for me. The good thing since the end of last season before he got injured, more and more people are starting to see through him for the exceptionally limited footballer he is. (There was a time the match you couldn't say anything about him without the chance of fists flying. Such was the ridiculous cult status he held.).

But hey, he works hard .....

God willing this will be his last season in red.

Last edited:
Mates just made a great point on Mane that if he continues like this, teams will be doubling and tripling up on him like they used to do Johnny Barnes which will only free up more space for others. That kind of speed just can't be understated and it's an option we just haven't had.

Mates just made a great point on Mane that if he continues like this, teams will be doubling and tripling up on him like they used to do Johnny Barnes which will only free up more space for others. That kind of speed just can't be understated and it's an option we just haven't had.
We get that with Martial really does create space for Rooney and Pogba in Midfield now. And with Valencia and Shaw bombing on they usually have 2 players trying to cover them, leaving basically Zlatan in the box with 2 CBs because the FB has gone out to help there winger contain our FBs getting forward. So hard for teams to defend against. Can't wait for Pogba to be up to speed. Even in his first game he was gliding past 3 even 5 players with one run. Teams gotta worry about containing him now as well as Shaw, Valencia, Martial, Zlatan.

We get that with Martial really does create space for Rooney and Pogba in Midfield now. And with Valencia and Shaw bombing on they usually have 2 players trying to cover them, leaving basically Zlatan in the box with 2 CBs because the FB has gone out to help there winger contain our FBs getting forward. So hard for teams to defend against. Can't wait for Pogba to be up to speed. Even in his first game he was gliding past 3 even 5 players with one run. Teams gotta worry about containing him now as well as Shaw, Valencia, Martial, Zlatan.

Absolutely the same. Again last night, ala Arsenal, the amount of men we were getting in the box was ridiculous. Teams can't possibly cover them all. And even less so with the threat of Mane burning you is there to contend with.

Really missed that threat that only Mane and Ojo give at Burnley Sat'day. You use the caveat of 'it was only Burton', but great to see the quick learn and back to patience and movement in and around the box last night rather than completely dominating with just wayward balls the final third. I'd imagine Danny Rose will be tossing and turning Friday night at the prospect of dealing with Mane like this Sat'day haha.

Nod to Clyne too the first three games. As good as any RB anywhere last year defensively. And now he's improved his crossing the other end. Two assists already. One more than the whole of last season. Great cross for Firmino's goal last night.

Roll on Tottenham! ****, roll on tonights third round draw!

Scouse can you stop interrupting this thread with Liverpool talk when we're discussing the weather. ;)

In all seriousness, taking the cup seriously is not a bad thing if you have a big squad. Problem with Liverpool is that I think their success or should I say how seriously they take the cups in regards to using first team players, will ultimately have an impact on their Premier League campaign.

In all seriousness, taking the cup seriously is not a bad thing if you have a big squad. Problem with Liverpool is that I think their success or should I say how seriously they take the cups in regards to using first team players, will ultimately have an impact on their Premier League campaign.
Agree. Don't think they have enough quality in depth to take them all serious this season and do well in the league.

Scouse can you stop interrupting this thread with Liverpool talk when we're discussing the weather. ;)

Soz abar me like.

And we don't have the extra burden of Europe so there was absolutely no need to make a shed load of changes 2 games in the season. Squads the perfect size for a domestic campaign. Or will be by the time the windows out.

Soz abar me like.

And we don't have the extra burden of Europe so there was absolutely no need to make a shed load of changes 2 games in the season. Squads the perfect size for a domestic campaign. Or will be by the time the windows out.

Size yes. Quality in depth I dunno. After all you ve got people like Henderson as starters!

Size yes. Quality in depth I dunno. After all you ve got people like Henderson as starters!

Yuse have a winger playing RB who can't defend and a thug in boots in midfield right now who has no right to be at a club like Utd!

And you're still losing our bet! :P.

Yuse have a winger playing RB who can't defend and a thug in boots in midfield right now who has no right to be at a club like Utd!

And you're still losing our bet! :P.
Best RB in the league atm our Tony V. Fellaini will be key in Utd winning our trophy back this season. Defensive beast under Mou.

Back