The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
just seen the goals from last night some nice goals and that cross from clyne and mane is ******* fast

But I'm completely down with not panicking buying. Done WAY too much of that under previous managers. This one wants players that are right for the long term project and isn't interested in short term fixes through shovelling money at a problem you aren't upgrading significantly who you won't need in a years time. Rather him try coach up what he has if the right player just isn't there that he wants. And if Ben Chilwell's father, who also happens to be his agent, wasn't such an *** we'd more than likely have at least a recognised LB to challenge Moreno in already. But he is. And after the Aidy Ward fun and games, they understandably don't want another of that situation going forward.

I also obviously agree that panic buying is not advisable but Jesus Christ said he would not "panic buy" in reaction to comments about Moreno's crapness. So I was alluding to refusing to improve on Moreno. An Chilwell is obviously not the only decent (or even better than Moreno) RB out there.

I also obviously agree that panic buying is not advisable but Jesus Christ said he would not "panic buy" in reaction to comments about Moreno's crapness. So I was alluding to refusing to improve on Moreno. An Chilwell is obviously not the only decent (or even better than Moreno) RB out there.

Are there that many top class LB's out there you could realistically get though? You look across Europe and there seems a real shortage. In England, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd aren't going to sell. Cresswell's injury has ruled himself out and West Ham are in no need to sell anyway so that would be silly money. In Germany, there's what, Rodriguez at Wolfsburg and my man-crush Hector who we really like by all accounts but Cologne are wanting silly money for him. Munich aren't selling Alaba. You're not getting Alba or anyone else from the big Spanish sides. Next to nottin' of note in Italy outside of De Sciglio. The young Milan RB who is comfortable on the left. But Milan want silly money and he's a Milanese boy and Milan through and through so tempting him away would be real tough for anyone.

The only real realistic ones there you have a chance on to all intents and purposes are De Sciglio, Hector and Rodriguez for me. With Rodriguez looking the best shot of all of them. There really isn't a great sway of quality LB's around that aren't boxed off at big clubs already. You're then looking at the promising ones like Chilwell who you could develop.

I don't think you'd find many L'pool fans that would disagree we badly need an upgrade. But with so few around, if the right player isn't there for us for the long term, I'm happy to roll with Milner (who had excellent games playing there last year. The League Cup final when he dropped in and away at United in Europe spring instantly to mind. Not the ideal choice but a **** of a lot more intelligent, consistent footballer than many general football fans give him credit for as he's not flash) and Moreno until we can get whomever we want in a future window.

Never have been down with buying for buying's sake.

Last edited:
What value has Mario really got now? Never consistent and is now 26 (wow, remember signing him on FM from inter when he was like 16!). The ticking clock on reveling this potential he was supposed to have is counting down fast.

He's not really in any dramas any more, just doesn't produce enough on the pitch.

He could be a worth a cheap gamble, any high price and most clubs won't want to take the risk

There was a lot of talk of him willing to halve his current salary to go to Ajax so that's positive.

Hopefully. He must be on around 80k here at a guess?

What value has Mario really got now? Never consistent and is now 26 (wow, remember signing him on FM from inter when he was like 16!). The ticking clock on reveling this potential he was supposed to have is counting down fast.

He's not really in any dramas any more, just doesn't produce enough on the pitch.

He could be a worth a cheap gamble, any high price and most clubs won't want to take the risk

It's what he could 'potentially' do and that has been the case for years.

I know a lot of people don't rate him in the slightest and I completely get that, but I do think there is a good player in there. However, I don't think he'll ever reach his potential the way he approaches the games

Hopefully. He must be on around 80k here at a guess? .....

90 apparently. This has been a wholly expensive exercise that should never of been. Sighs.

Another lesson to everyone in letting things drag and then panic buying the end of a window out of desperation for a body.

Doesn't he (Balotelli) get a crazy loyalty bonus if he's still at Liverpool after the 2016 summer transfer window? As a little clause in his contract or something? I remember seeing something like that a few weeks ago.

If he reaches a personal agreement somewhere, I don't think that club reaching an agreement with L'pool will be any problem.

They just want him gone as swiftly as possible whatever the loss.

Back