The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Comparing United's depth to Liverpool's is rather silly and pointless especially when your talking about fullbacks in terms of RB. Playing Valencia is more down to managers choice but we still have an Italian international on the bench and an exciting youth player.

I find the point to bring United up with these comparisons every time doesn't really solve anything other than avoiding the original topic that Liverpool lack the depth of quality in some areas that other teams will be able to utilize during the cups.

Comparing United's depth to Liverpool's is rather silly and pointless especially when your talking about fullbacks in terms of RB. Playing Valencia is more down to managers choice but we still have an Italian international on the bench and an exciting youth player.

I find the point to bring United up with these comparisons every time doesn't really solve anything other than avoiding the original topic that Liverpool lack the depth of quality in some areas that other teams will be able to utilize during the cups.

Which is no point as quality depth we most certainly don't lack anywhere outside of the FB positions.

But you're gonna' argue otherwise and it's all subjective. We're more than comfortable we'll be fighting for everything this year. And regardless of the size of squad, we saw last year Klopp wants to win everything and treats every game seriously so you aren't getting the stereotypical weakened cup side unless there's ridiculous injuries like last year.

If you happen to be in there fighting too, we relish the challenge.

The really odd thing about Valencia was that defensively he wasn't a bad right back, more that he was so rubbish going forwards. Started really well this season.

The really odd thing about Valencia was that defensively he wasn't a bad right back, more that he was so rubbish going forwards. Started really well this season.

Was a changed player when he came back from his long injury the previous season. I guess he had time to sit down and rethink his life.

Was a changed player when he came back from his long injury the previous season. I guess he had time to sit down and rethink his life.

You're getting very profound lately. It's unnerving. QUIT IT!

I want my normal snarky Pole back!

Weyhey! It's B/S Ballo day!

So far today, (presumably) Raiola has had him linked to Everton, Nantes and now United!

I would say let's try guess the next totally obscure link that doesn't fit. But as there's very little clubs left that do fit, it could be anyone anywhere!

Let Ballo B/S Day continue unabated!

Last edited:
Weyhey! It's B/S Ballo day!

So far today, (presumably) Raiola has had him linked to Everton, Nantes and now United!

I would say let's try guess the next totally obscure link that doesn't fit. But as there's very little clubs left that do fit, it could be anyone anywhere!

Let Ballo B/S Day continue unabated!
**** no we will pay you to keep him

Which is no point as quality depth we most certainly don't lack anywhere outside of the FB positions.

But you're gonna' argue otherwise and it's all subjective. We're more than comfortable we'll be fighting for everything this year. And regardless of the size of squad, we saw last year Klopp wants to win everything and treats every game seriously so you aren't getting the stereotypical weakened cup side unless there's ridiculous injuries like last year.

If you happen to be in there fighting too, we relish the challenge.

There IS quality in your squad yes. Quite a bit actually. But what I was trying to do was point out to the fact that you have some issues to having quality in depth. As somebody has said above we play Fellaini and Valencia out of choice this season. I actually believe that Darmian and Schneiderlin are much better. Whereas you play Hendo due to some deluded notion that he's actually any good (imho with players like him being considered international standard Im far from shocked about the England shambles) and Moreno cos hes the RB you have.

God please let Klopp do what he said in reply to the Moreno "performances" and not "panic buy".

Also if you dont see that on paper we have a deeper squad with more quality and good cover for every position and, yes 3/4 players that are better than yours then well, I cant help you. W

ill that be enough to win the league for us? Im not sure. Will it be enough to finish above you and win our bet? Looks likely to me.

You can relish any challenge you want mate. I personally never relish any LFC challenge and much prefer you to be "nowhere". Anyway this season is already shaping to be big fun and orgasmic even.

There IS quality in your squad yes. Quite a bit actually. But what I was trying to do was point out to the fact that you have some issues to having quality in depth. As somebody has said above we play Fellaini and Valencia out of choice this season. I actually believe that Darmian and Schneiderlin are much better. Whereas you play Hendo due to some deluded notion that he's actually any good .....

I honestly highly doubt he'd of started a game this year thus far if Emre Can had been fit. Even Grujic is behind after his summer concussion. So it's not so much 'out of choice' but out of need. Can, Wynaldum and Lallana look the most likely preferred three in the middle. So you're left with Henderson or Kev Stewart/ Cam Brannigan right now for the pivot (set up wise more than how we actually play) with Lucas also out. If Henderson is at the club this time next year I'll be amazed.

I'll completely leave the assertion that you have better depth across the board as that's subjective and fruitless. But I'm completely down with not panicking buying. Done WAY too much of that under previous managers. This one wants players that are right for the long term project and isn't interested in short term fixes through shovelling money at a problem you aren't upgrading significantly who you won't need in a years time. Rather him try coach up what he has if the right player just isn't there that he wants. And if Ben Chilwell's father, who also happens to be his agent, wasn't such an *** we'd more than likely have at least a recognised LB to challenge Moreno in already. But he is. And after the Aidy Ward fun and games, they understandably don't want another of that situation going forward.

Last edited:

John Percy– Verified account ‏@JPercyTelegraph

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Stoke want to sign #lfc outcast Mamadou Sakho on loan as Mark Hughes targets new signings #scfc [url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/24/exclusive-liverpool-outcast-mamadou-sakho-could-be-offered-escap/ …[/URL] via @telefootball

As much as I want Accrington to win here for a new ground as we await the draw (Gillingham is the only other one and that can do one midweek), I'd happily take Burnley. Anything other than a long trek somewhere midweek. Something localish or a home draw please.

*Edit* Talking of, new attendance record by some 300 plus last night for Burton. Which is always nice.

Last edited:
Sweet. Derby County. Not been there for a good few years and slightly closer than their neighbours Burton last night haha.

Derby away happy?

Made up. Virtually the same journey as yesterday. Not been there since they were last up which is a few years now. Could of been WAY worse with all the long Southern ones in there.

Blackburn home gives you every chance of progression.

Made up. Virtually the same journey as yesterday. Not been there since they were last up which is a few years now. Could of been WAY worse with all the long Southern ones in there.

Blackburn home gives you every chance of progression.

yeah depends on Monk and how seriously he takes it, but BRovers are a reyt mess right now so we should hopefully progress and get United away next round ;)

Back