The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
is this in the league cup or have thay changed the name this year

Unsponsored this year mate. The EFL (English Football League) Cup. Which will always be simply the 'League Cup' to me.

What have we been through? The Milk Cup/ Littlewoods Cup/ Rumbelows Cup/ Coca-Cola Cup/ Worthington Cup/ Capiral One Cup ..... Am I missing any? Personal favourite was the Milk Cup, with gigantic inflatable bottles of Milk on the halfway line before kick-off haha. Love to of been in that marketing meeting when someone from the Milk board went 'I have the perfect way to blow all our advertising budget this year lads. Football! Hear me out ...., '

My first ever game was in this competition. First round second leg against then 4th Division Bradford City at Anfield back in 1980. Money was well tight back then and that, along with the aggro, had kept me Ma from letting me go the match. But she thought that be safe to go with me cousin. I'd of been 8 going on 9. L'pool won 4-0. Kenny scored. Around 20/25 thousand the ground. And I was hooked. Me Mam thought we where going the stand but our Mark took us the boys pen the top the Kop, then climbed over the fence and lifted me over and sat me on a barrier. Watching the best team in Europe in the Kop. My World was complete haha.

Thats the the main thing I miss with coming in the third round when you're in Europe. Early rounds and going a ground you normally never would. Like this. Burton. Away. Stood up in a three sided terrace ground holding under 7 thousand. Can't beat that. More looking forward to tonight than Sat'day dinner at 'Spurs. Been there way too many times to remember. That's boring. Tonight's different yer know?

Sods law we went Burton- Colchester one the International breaks last year for a new ground like haha.

Last edited:
Unsponsored this year mate. The EFL (English Football League) Cup. Which will always be simply the 'League Cup' to me.

What have we been through? The Milk Cup/ Littlewoods Cup/ Rumbelows Cup/ Coca-Cola Cup/ Worthington Cup/ Capiral One Cup ..... Am I missing any? Personal favourite was the Milk Cup, with gigantic inflatable bottles of Milk on the halfway line before kick-off haha. Love to of been in that marketing meeting when someone from the Milk board went 'I have the perfect way to blow all our advertising budget this year lads. Football! Hear me out ...., '

My first ever game was in this competition. First round second leg against then 4th Division Bradford City at Anfield back in 1980. Money was well tight back then and that, along with the aggro, had kept me Ma from letting me go the match. But she thought that be safe to go with me cousin. I'd of been 8 going on 9. L'pool won 4-0. Kenny scored. Around 20/25 thousand the ground. And I was hooked. Me Mam thought we where going the stand but our Mark took us the boys pen the top the Kop, then climbed over the fence and lifted me over and sat me on a barrier. Watching the best team in Europe in the Kop. My World was complete haha.

Thats the the main thing I miss with coming in the third round when you're in Europe. Early rounds and going a ground you normally never would. Like this. Burton. Away. Stood up in a three sided terrace ground holding under 7 thousand. Can't beat that. More looking forward to tonight than Sat'day dinner at 'Spurs. Been there way too many times to remember. That's boring. Tonight's different yer know?

Sods law we went Burton- Colchester one the International breaks last year for a new ground like haha.
rumbelows cup holy **** thats some time ago

Half day off. Sun cracking the flags. Shorts on and a few bevvy's for the ride to Burton. And then to top it off, standing at a match again!

Perfect way to get over Sat'day. Footies great when it's like this!

Love it when Im in the UK and its sunny. Much better than here in Cyprus where the sun is not for the faint hearted!!

I never could understand how people in all those sunny countries can even survive. It's fun for 2-3 weeks a year, but any longer than that and it's unbearable.

I never could understand how people in all those sunny countries can even survive. It's fun for 2-3 weeks a year, but any longer than that and it's unbearable.

I don't understand how Dubai was even built. It's 4 degrees colder than the surface of the sun yet they have built those huge buildings. How do you build anything when your hand is melting off?

I don't understand how Dubai was even built. It's 4 degrees colder than the surface of the sun yet they have built those huge buildings. How do you build anything when your hand is melting off?

I was about to say "same way they built the pyramids" but it actually looks like considerably less slavery was involved in the building of the pyramids so... ¯\_(-_-)_/¯

I was about to say "same way they built the pyramids" but it actually looks like considerably less slavery was involved in the building of the pyramids so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone knows that was aliens, Subtle.

Liverpool fans will do well to have a look at Lucas' twitter feed and his reply to James Pearce

have to save celtic under rogers are utter wank how he got the job god only knows

As a guy from a sunny region going for studies abroad in a not so sunny one I really can't understand how people can live without sun more than 2-3 weeks at a time. I would go mentally unstable (not that I am not).

As a guy from a sunny region going for studies abroad in a not so sunny one I really can't understand how people can live without sun more than 2-3 weeks at a time. I would go mentally unstable (not that I am not).

I agree having lived in Texas and Scotland prefer the heat over the rain

Hope the vocals coming over. This end is ******* bouncing. Stood up. Funny that. FAR more enjoyable than Arsenal. And that was boss. But yers probably have to be a long standing match going fan to fully appreciate that.

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds!

Think I'm adopted to **** weather as I can't stand the heat and sun for long period, much prefer cooler conditions whether that be cloud or rain or snow or whatever else.

Back