The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It always makes me laugh that point. What i was saying, was that, if it was genuinely lost in translation, why not just come out and say it was? Why deny you said it? then admit you said something? I'm trying to see where he might be ok on his, but his actions dont stack up tbh

The thing is, how many years has he been in Europe? Pretty sure racism is unacceptable in Holland too? After spending 5 years in Holland and a year in English football, it's a bit of a cop out to say 'Oh it's ok in Uruguay..'

The thing is, how many years has he been in Europe? Pretty sure racism is unacceptable in Holland too? After spending 5 years in Holland and a year in English football, it's a bit of a cop out to say 'Oh it's ok in Uruguay..'

Everytime you look at it, you see more holes

Good, prefer to play Oldham over southend. Since Southend are top of league 1 and flying

Torres to Liverpool rumours. Why are people getting an ****** over a bloke who can't score an open goal?

People seem to forget the way he left us. I wouldn't take him back.

Torres can **** off.
Oldham is a Friday night game, interesting to see what that's like.
And just want to say, I still like Carroll, and back him to succeed.

Torres can **** off.
Oldham is a Friday night game, interesting to see what that's like.
And just want to say, I still like Carroll, and back him to succeed.

Finally someone who agrees with me on both! I like Carroll, and I'm backing him 100%.

And Torres can rot in Chelsea for all I care.

If Carroll really wants to succeed, he can. As long as he works hard and stays committed.

Exactly. And look at Lucas. Everyone hated him when he came, because he was ****. Now we are ****** without him. I've always backed Lucas. Like I always backed Insua - still sad that he left.

So we have the best defensive record. with the exception of the Tottenham game we haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a game. 30% of our goals conceded this season were in fact during the Tottenham game.

Lucas is one of the best defensive midfielders in premire ship now I love it wen players prove all the idiots wrong that's say they are going to be **** I'm sad insua left to I'm also upset we we let letto go a few years ago he looked like he was going to be a good player not sure how he's doing these days anyone know? :D

Lucas is one of the best defensive midfielders in premire ship now I love it wen players prove all the idiots wrong that's say they are going to be **** I'm sad insua left to I'm also upset we we let letto go a few years ago he looked like he was going to be a good player not sure how he's doing these days anyone know? :D

Leto's top scorer in Greece as far as I remember, doing well for Panathinaikos apparently.

Leto's top scorer in Greece as far as I remember, doing well for Panathinaikos apparently.

You see I know he would turn out to be a good player I cnt see why we sold him tbh for the every few times he played for us he played well stupid rafa!

Leto wasn't granted a work permit. So we had to sell. Read up on it next time, don't call Rafa stupid for that..

Leto wasn't granted a work permit. So we had to sell. Read up on it next time, don't call Rafa stupid for that..

Yeah thought it was something like that. Didn't wanna say anything though as I wasn't sure.

Shame, the lad had potential.

Glen Johnson | Disproving the Myths | Stats | Premier League

Since his transfer to Liverpool in June 2009 for approximately £17million, Glen Johnson has become one of the most well-recognised right-backs in the Premier League. Despite this, fans across the country have often become dismayed at the apparent lack of defensive nous for Liverpool, and England. According to numerous statistics, this appears to be a case of good performances being lost in television translation.
johnsonarticlestats.png
The above table illustrates the [defensive and offensive] statistical comparisons between Glen Johnson and several of the Premier League’s best full-backs. Despite this article majorly analysing the defensive aptitude, taking into consideration the attacking statistics allows us to more accurately analyse the full-backs as a complete package.I’ve put some of the key defensive stats into graph form to more visually compare Johnson’s defensive abilities as a whole, rather than analysing each individual stat on its own. This is because the dispute regarding Johnson’s defensive inabilities is around him as a whole.
johnsonarticlestatschar.png
The above bar chart shows the differences [and similarities] between Glen Johnson and a few other of the Premier League’s best fullbacks. Immediately, you can tell, looking at the names of the other players that there is a large range in terms of ability and in the player’s traits. For example, Ivanovic is famed as being a rock-solid central defender *** right-back. Bringing him into the comparison allows us to compare Johnson to one of the most defensive right-backs in the league. And despite Ivanovic rarely contributing offensively, it seems Johnson has the edge in almost every defensive area – surprisingly much better aerially also.Then there is the comparison with supposedly one of England and Chelsea’s most reliable players, Ashley Cole. Although the stats reveal that defensively, Cole is a dramatic step below Johnson in terms of ability. The Chelsea star was worse than Johnson in every single defensive area, with Johnson particularly exceeding Cole aerially, with Johnson twice as successful in aerial duels. This suggests that Ashley Cole is actually the full-back England should be worried about.Despite this though, unfortunately, we cannot simply say that Glen Johnson is one of the best defensive full-backs in the league. A 4-4-2 setup was generally operated throughout the 2010/11 season at Liverpool with the workhorse of Dirk Kuyt stationed in front of Johnson. Compare this to the likes of Ashley Cole (who had no-one in front of him in the narrow 4-3-3 formation of Chelsea, or Bacary Sagna who had the tremendously attacking-oriented Theo Walcott in front of him), shows that the Liverpool system is designed to lift the pressue on Johnson’s defensive game more so than other full-backs’ respective systems.A large number of experts, amateurs, pundits, and various other knowledgeable football insiders have commented that Johnson does have a lack of defensive nous and ability. When so many of the game’s experts share an opinion on a similar topic, they tend to be right; here, though, the claims have simply been exaggerated. Glen Johnson is no worse a defender than the likes of Ashley Cole or Patrice Evra.http://www.eplindex.com/glen-johnson-disproving-myths-opta-stats/

I swear you could only sign a player from another nationality with a work permit? So how did we have him if we could get a work permit for him?

Arsenal have 4 players out on loan due to lack of WPs. Chelsea have 2. You don't need a WP to sign, you need a WP to play.

Sebastian Leto forced out of Anfield by failed work-permit application - Football - Telegraph

Leto, 21, made four appearances for Liverpool last season while on an Italian passport but that was later revoked by the Italian Government. Liverpool then applied for a work permit.

But the Government turned down Leto's application and he will have to go on loan to continue playing, with Olympiakos a likely destination.

However, Rafael Benitez, the Liverpool manager, is unhappy with the decision and has criticised the process used to assess which players are successful in their work-permit applications.

"The system needs to change, clearly," Benitez said. "I cannot understand how an Argentine player who has been in pre-selection for the Olympic squad and has played in the Champions League and at a club like Liverpool is not good enough.

"Now we have to look for a solution, maybe find a team for him on loan, but we have maybe eight or 10 teams in Spain, Italy and Greece asking about him.

"When you have eight or 10 teams asking about a player and he's not playing, it means that he is good. But maybe there is another vision of football," Benitez added.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-failed-work-permit-application-Football.html

Arsenal have 4 players out on loan due to lack of WPs. Chelsea have 2. You don't need a WP to sign, you need a WP to play.

its a very flawed system. Leto should have been allowed to stay

Back