The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't like criticizing other people especially their appearance but that hair.

2 point dropped. Liverpool should have won this easily. Much the better for over an hour. Didn't really handle Spurs well when they woke up

Liverpool and Spurs about equal this season in my opinion, both have high aspirations but in reality they will probably fall short. Be surprised if either makes top 4 at end of season.

Liverpool and Spurs about equal this season in my opinion, both have high aspirations but in reality they will probably fall short. Be surprised if either makes top 4 at end of season.
Looking at Spurs squad looks really light and Kane looks ****. Pool look good in spells but have faded late on in matches and lack real quality to put away the good chances they get. Both will be fighting for Europa league places.

Frustrating game. Only one team deserved to win. Their 'keeper clear MoM. Missed chances. (Just HOW did Phil miss that the first 5?). Defo pen on Matip not given. **** poor officiating there. To acknowledge Matip has been dragged down, stop proceedings, lecture the 'Spurs player, then STILL give nottin' beggared belief. But he was utter ***** all though. Barely a bad tattle the match and a slew of bookings. Mane should of gone. F knows why his goal was disallowed? Told even on replay it's VERY dubious to call Lallana. Matip unlucky to hit the bar from a corner in front of us second half. A threat from corners again. It's been TOO long. (Defending set pieces FAR better too with the extra height back there.).

Frustrating day but an excellent all round performance. Just need a bit more composure/ luck. Have to be real encouraged to take 4 points that should of been 6 from two trips to North London. Won't be many that do that and play so well. And if they do they can be real pleased with themselves too.

Deserved better. But you don't always get what you deserve. Like I said last week, but in different circumstances this, that's football.

Very happy with three out of the four performances this season. Just frustrated it hasn't been more. Matip strengthened things at the back. And Can in for Henderson after the break will tighten it even further.

Now to enjoy a few cans on this train home.

Last edited:
Looking at Spurs squad looks really light and Kane looks ****. Pool look good in spells but have faded late on in matches and lack real quality to put away the good chances they get. Both will be fighting for Europa league places.

Don't forget 1st it's still early and 2nd we don't have European competition. It hard when you play in far Russia in Thursday and again Sunday away from home.

Edit And 3rd we haven't play in Anfield yet.

Frustrating game. Only one team deserved to win. Their 'keeper clear MoM. Missed chances. (Just HOW did Phil miss that the first 5?). Defo pen on Matip not given. **** poor officiating there. To acknowledge Matip has been dragged down, stop proceedings, lecture the 'Spurs player, then STILL give nottin' beggared belief. But he was utter ***** all though. Barely a bad tattle the match and a slew of bookings. Mane should of gone. F knows why his goal was disallowed? Told even on replay it's VERY dubious to call Lallana. Matip unlucky to hit the bar from a corner in front of us second half. A threat from corners again. It's been TOO long. (Defending set pieces FAR better too with the extra height back there.).

Frustrating day but an excellent all round performance. Just need a bit more composure/ luck. Have to be real encouraged to take 4 points that should of been 6 from two trips to North London. Won't be many that do that and play so well. And if they do they can be real pleased with themselves too.

Deserved better. But you don't always get what you deserve. Like I said last week, but in different circumstances this, that's football.

Very happy with three out of the four performances this season. Just frustrated it hasn't been more. Matip strengthened things at the back. And Can in for Henderson after the break will tighten it even further.

Now to enjoy a few cans on this train home.

I think I saw you today Scouse. Then again there was 2000+ Scousers... Fans were wonderful completely out sang spurs.

I think I saw you today Scouse. Then again there was 2000+ Scousers... Fans were wonderful completely out sang spurs.

Ta mate. And that was with a reduced allocation down to the building going on. 2,400 something I've just been reliably informed by the ticket man in the know among our group haha.

I would of offered you a bevvy down the Beehive off the Highroad before but figured you'd be busy doing your stewarding gig.

I can see Liverpool making top 4 at a stretch. Klopp got the business done early but he has been shopping at Aldi in terms of transfers. Mignolet is a poor keeper and the defence still isn't convincing. Believe the top 4 will be City, Arsenal, United and Chelsea in any order.

I can see Liverpool making top 4 at a stretch. Klopp got the business done early but he has been shopping at Aldi in terms of transfers. Mignolet is a poor keeper and the defence still isn't convincing. Believe the top 4 will be City, Arsenal, United and Chelsea in any order.

He was in the Queue in front of Wenger

Hardly. Mane is a superb signing. He was causing the Spurs defense all sorts of problems today. Karius is a better keeper than Mignolet at any rate. Wijnaldaum will come good and he is a good player who was terrific at PSV. Also don't forget that they might finally benefit from a fit and healthy Sturridge who is among the best in the league on his day.

Hardly. Mane is a superb signing. He was causing the Spurs defense all sorts of problems today. Karius is a better keeper than Mignolet at any rate. Wijnaldaum will come good and he is a good player who was terrific at PSV. Also don't forget that they might finally benefit from a fit and healthy Sturridge who is among the best in the league on his day.
Mane is a superb signing and Wijnaldum has a great scoring record for a relegated team. Karius proved to have a better record joining Liverpool than Mignolet ever has. Sturridge is an elite striker when fit.

Still unsure of defence and Liverpool are playing with virtually no defensive midfielders. Matip will prove to be a great signing but Alberto Moreno is a weak link. There are also at least 4 better teams in the league. You can't get around that unless you pull a shock which is very possible.

Xhaka? Mustafi? I could understand Perez.

Mustafsi is he all that really? Valencia was poor last year and its rumoured you are paying the release clause 40m quid for him is far too much even in this market don't pretend like he is some world class CB because he isn't. Wasn't long ago Valencia fans wanted him out the club for getting sent off and conceding a pen when they got smashed 7-0 by Barce. To put it in to context pretty sure last I saw Godin's RC was about 48m.

there good but not top draw like he keeps saying he has the cash to get but never does

Realistically speaking, who are the world-class defenders that are available in thr market right now? Very few. Mustafi and Koulibaly are the best of the lot which speaks volumes.

Mane is a superb signing and Wijnaldum has a great scoring record for a relegated team. Karius proved to have a better record joining Liverpool than Mignolet ever has. Sturridge is an elite striker when fit.

Still unsure of defence and Liverpool are playing with virtually no defensive midfielders. Matip will prove to be a great signing but Alberto Moreno is a weak link. There are also at least 4 better teams in the league. You can't get around that unless you pull a shock which is very possible.

Imo all the contenders have weaknesses. At this point, I think only United and City are guarenteed Top 4 spots by virtue of the amount they spent and the world-class managers at the helm. Beyond that, its very subjective and anyone's guess.

Back