The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Something has gone drastically wrong here with him

My two cents: his run in with UEFA and the ban, and what came after

The club were not exactly supportive, (rightly imo) agreeing with a provisional ban while he was investigated. Maybe he feels let down and wants to go on his terms because relations have broken down.

Whatever it is, i suspect it's do with this summer.

I would ignore any "leaks" about his attitude over the last year, seems far too convienient we are hearing them now rather than throughout the year.

I definitely do not buy the fitness angle at all. Suarez didnt play for 4 months, and Lukw shaw didnt play for a year with a broken leg. There's no way its going to take him 4 months to get upto speed

Last edited:
Something has gone drastically wrong here with him

My two cents: his run in with UEFA and the ban, and what came after

The club were not exactly supportive, (rightly imo) agreeing with a provisional ban while he was investigated. Maybe he feels let down and wants to go on his terms because relations have broken down.

Whatever it is, i suspect it's do with this summer.

I would ignore any "leaks" about his attitude over the last year, seems far too convienient we are hearing them now rather than throughout the year.

I definitely do not buy the fitness angle at all. Suarez didnt play for 4 months, and Lukw shaw didnt play for a year with a broken leg. There's no way its going to take him 4 months to get upto speed

If what you say is true, Liverpool have really perfected the art of killing a players reputation in the media when they need to get rid of him. They do it subtly enough to ensure no one can attribute the reports to club briefing the media. Yets its no so subtle such that people might ignore it completely. Reminds me of the Raheem Sterling days.

If what you say is true, Liverpool have really perfected the art of killing a players reputation in the media when they need to get rid of him. They do it subtly enough to ensure no one can attribute the reports to club briefing the media. Yets its no so subtle such that people might ignore it completely. Reminds me of the Raheem Sterling days.

You'll never walk alone...until you do.

James Pearce gets briefed by Liverpool, there is a reason why his stories always take a favourable slant on the club.

For what it's worth I dont blame Liverpool for their stance on the ban. But I take these sudden unprofessional rumours with a hefty pinch of salt. I remember the absolute hatchet job Pearce did on Balotelli too.

The rumours/ murmurings of problems with Sakho haven't been a secret here/ among L'pool fans certainly through last season. All the local/ National L'pool beat guys would tell you that if you asked them.

Thought it was common National knowledge but apparently not.

There was one 2 years ago, and there was one when he was upset to being subbed in Feb, while concussed in fairness. Not sure this constitutes being unprofessional

There was one 2 years ago, and there was one when he was upset to being subbed in Feb, while concussed in fairness. Not sure this constitutes being unprofessional

More internal discipline going back under Rodgers and subsequently Klopp. Lax attitude in training etc. Been quite a few different murmurings that he's not always the best. Not a complete ******** by any stretch. Some of the work the fella's done the local community and beyond away from the club has been fantastic and a great credit to him. Seems a really nice fella'. I just think he's a completely laid back guy that doesn't always mesh with coaches and he doesn't always fully appreciate the total professional commitment expected at times. Any wind of those story's always seem to involve Sakho.

I'd actually forgotten he'd stormed home the Derby when he found he wasn't starting under Rodgers. Just ****** me off toward him all over again remembering that now haha.

There was a real good interview the Wrap lads done with Barrett and Joyce last summer which was a real informative and eye opening listen on how story's come around and the work that goes into maybe a few paragraph piece. And how little they actually get out of L'pool or Everton to any great degree still. I think it was a subscriber listen IIRC but I'll sit down and try dig it out later.

The two Merseyside clubs aside, it's a real interesting insight into how respectable journalists still go around their jobs and the hours involved.

Last edited:
More internal discipline going back under Rodgers and subsequently Klopp. Lax attitude in training etc. Been quite a few different murmurings that he's not always the best. Not a complete ******** by any stretch. Some of the work the fella's done the local community and beyond away from the club has been fantastic and a great credit to him. I just think he's a completely laid back guy that doesn't always mesh with coaches and he doesn't always fully appreciate the total professional commitment expected at times. Any wind of those story's always seem to involve Sakho.

I'd actually forgotten he'd stormed home the Derby when he found he wasn't starting under Rodgers. Just ****** me off toward him all over again remembering that now haha.

There was a real good interview the Wrap lads done with Barrett and Joyce last summer which was a real informative and eye opening listen on how story's come around and the work that goes into maybe a few paragraph piece. And how little they actually get out of L'pool or Everton to any great degree still. I think it was a subscriber listen IIRC but I'll sit down and try dig it out later.

The two Merseyside clubs aside, it's a real interesting insight into how respectable journalists still go around their jobs and the hours involved.

For it to go to this is a massive leap, and Pearce makes him out to be a very disruptive influence, which he certainly isn't. Definitely smacks of hitting a player right before he's moved on.

Saying he needs to be loaned on for fitness reasons is an outright lie Scouse, that's the kind of thing I'm on about (not having a go at you or saying you are lying btw). Then briefing that he is refusing loans too? He's not perfect, but this is a classic hatchet job

Last edited:
Pearce is Pearce. Maybe he does get feed certain things others don't? Wouldn't surprise me. Tends to happen with the lead correspondent the local paper. I used to absolutely hate reading Meek on United the MEN before he retired for the exact same club homerism so I get that view about him.

As was discussed earlier, somethings definitely broke down massively between him and Klopp. There's more to this. Has to be. You don't take a decision like this lightly. It started before America and it's just snowballed with Sakho selfinflictingly (sp?) adding through the summer. Suspect it's an accumulation of things rather than just the drug issue episode but I very much doubt there's any way back for him from this.

Hughes at the weekend said he'd turned down a loan and that ended Stoke's interest.

Nothing underhand with that one.

Pearce is Pearce. Maybe he does get feed certain things others don't? Wouldn't surprise me. Tends to happen with the lead correspondent the local paper. I used to absolutely hate reading Meek on United the MEN before he retired for the exact same club homerism so I get that view about him.

As was discussed earlier, somethings definitely broke down massively between him and Klopp. There's more to this. Has to be. You don't take a decision like this lightly. It started before America and it's just snowballed with Sakho selfinflictingly (sp?) adding through the summer. Suspect it's an accumulation of things rather than just the drug issue episode but I very much doubt there's any way back for him from this.

I definitely agree it's broken down. But it's never all on one side in something like this.

Think he's done at the club. the loan is a smokescreen for getting his value up, and he's not interested in going somewhere that doesn't suit him. Can blame him on the drugs thing, can't blame him for turning down the loans.

Interesting read from ESPN's French footie expert back in 2013 when we signed Sakho of his similar problems in France that came to a head under Ancelotti and then Blanc.

Never knew that when we signed him. Weight issues. Problems with coaches. Attitude problems. Eerie similarities of history repeating itself.

Sakho exit from PSG a complicated one - ESPN FC

Interesting read from ESPN's French footie expert back in 2013 when we signed Sakho of his similar problems in France that came to a head under Ancelotti and then Blanc.

Never knew that when we signed him. Weight issues. Problems with coaches. Attitude problems. Eerie similarities of history repeating itself.

Sakho exit from PSG a complicated one - ESPN FC

TIA referenced that article in this one, a real shame because he's such a likeable character and a fantastic player too

Mamadou Sakho "needs to grow up" - Klopp finds similar problems to Ancelotti and Blanc - This Is Anfield

Saying he needs to be loaned on for fitness reasons is an outright lie Scouse

Hold the phone, that's just baseless speculation. Sakho wasn't talking fat-burners for no reason, it's not exactly a stretch to assume he might take a wee bit too much time before getting into full shape.

Hold the phone, that's just baseless speculation. Sakho wasn't talking fat-burners for no reason, it's not exactly a stretch to assume he might take a wee bit too much time before getting into full shape.

Not 4 months. If it were to take him that long, he wouldnt be fit for any prem team

Back