The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M

Bundesliga Spotlight– ‏@BundesligaSpot

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Kicker/Bild: Liverpool have made a €12m offer for Christian Pulisic, which has been rejected by Dortmund. Player not for sale! #BVB #LFC
12:43 am - 29 Aug 2016
14 RETWEETS9 LIKES.

He's also apparently rejected a new contract.

Be it this summer or next, the chances seem pretty high he's Anfield bound.

He's also apparently rejected a new contract.

Be it this summer or next, the chances seem pretty high he's Anfield bound.
That German media bloke who does the Bundesligue show and Sunday Supplement sometimes said the other day. New negotiations for contract will start this week on BT Sports news on thurs/fri last week. Also said they rejected offers from a number of clubs in Prem and Europe.

Don't know what to think on the American.

Kicker are saying BVB would only be open to negotiating a straight sale (not that any loans been mentioned) having turned down the initial €12 million bid.

Guess we'll see what the next few days bring if anything.

Side-note: Translating German articles on line is an 'interesting' and quite funny experience how they come out.

Balotelli travels to Nice for transfer talks as Liverpool exit edges closer - Goal.com

Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign.

Goal.Com :)))

Seen Ramano say it won't happen as they wont pay his demands.

You were saying .....

Mario Balotelli's Liverpool nightmare almost over following Nice talks | Football | Sport | Daily Express

Since when was the daily express a reliable source???

I wouldn't know.

But their longstanding Scouse Merseyside correspondent/ L'pool beat guy is. One of the most credible, trustworthy and informed around when it comes to LFC.

Last edited:
Yes please Rafa lad:

Markovic considering switch from Liverpool to Newcastle - Goal.com

If we can get these last 3 or 4 pushed through by tomorrow nights deadline, that's nigh on all the deadwood shipped out the first window. Fantastic squad culling which I don't think anyone expected to this extent.

People will nark that L'pool's net spend is well in the positive like. Or that the gross spend isn't ridiculously high. But nottin' you can do about that. We all wanted this manager for a reason and that's a part of it.

Last edited:
- Balotelli to Nice now hitting the local papers saying it's close
- Sakho could still stay at the club
- Not much to expect on incomings.
- Wisdom to Red Bull on loan
- Markovic to NUFC on loan

Thats the round-up if you believe what is out there... I'll be quite disappointing if we don't add to the squad, but if it's not available I'd rather wait until Jan/next summer.

- Balotelli to Nice now hitting the local papers saying it's close
- Sakho could still stay at the club
- Not much to expect on incomings.
- Wisdom to Red Bull on loan
- Markovic to NUFC on loan

Thats the round-up if you believe what is out there... I'll be quite disappointing if we don't add to the squad, but if it's not available I'd rather wait until Jan/next summer.
No point buying for buying sakes. Only have to sell them in the future if they don't perform. Might as well wait and get better quality next summer. Still think your a light for this season.

The plot thickens by the day on Sakho:

Liverpool tell Sakho: You have to go on loan to save your Anfield career - Liverpool Echo

He's busy turning down loan moves. The club are putting it out there he won't play if he stays. Which given the fact he missed the last month of the season and all the summer, from a fitness stand point there's no question it'd likely be well into 2017 before he was upto speed. And he would be far better playing and regaining that fitness on someone else's time. I just don't see any way back for him if he goes out on a season loan. There has to be far more in this. With all the story's about his attitude last year behind the scenes narking the manager, and to then be so frigging stupid as to do what he done the summer to compound that (going home after Huddersfield and not the ground, oversleeping and delaying the plane was bad enough. But to then continue being a **** out there you just shake your head), seriously makes you wonder if he's pushed his luck too far and this is now the beginning of the end for him at Anfield?

The 'prove your attitude and fitness' thing just smacks as lip service to me right now. Might be wrong, and I hope I am. But if he goes out on loan, at this stage of his career, I don't see any way back for him at L'pool.

The plot thickens by the day on Sakho:

Liverpool tell Sakho: You have to go on loan to save your Anfield career - Liverpool Echo

He's busy turning down loan moves. The club are putting it out there he won't play if he stays. Which given the fact he missed the last month of the season and all the summer, from a fitness stand point there's no question it'd likely be well into 2017 before he was upto speed. And he would be far better playing and regaining that fitness on someone else's time. I just don't see any way back for him if he goes out on a season loan. There has to be far more in this. With all the story's about his attitude last year behind the scenes narking the manager, and to then be so frigging stupid as to do what he done the summer to compound that (going home after Huddersfield and not the ground, oversleeping and delaying the plane was bad enough. But to then continue being a **** out there you just shake your head), seriously makes you wonder if he's pushed his luck too far and this is now the beginning of the end for him at Anfield?

The 'prove your attitude and fitness' thing just smacks as lip service to me right now. Might be wrong, and I hope I am. But if he goes out on loan, at this stage of his career, I don't see any way back for him at L'pool.

Going out on loan just means an opportunity to raise his value for a sale next summer as his value is not 'that' high right now OR the interest is not there.

No idea what has gone on behind the scenes, but purely from a football point of view it would be a big mistake IMO.

No idea what has gone on behind the scenes, but purely from a football point of view it would be a big mistake IMO.

On the face of it, it would be a mistake. But then we aren't privy to just what's gone on behind the scenes as you say and just how disruptive his antics maybe are within the squad. There's been quite a lot of rumours the last year flying around regarding Sakho's attitude. Which all adds to making you think there has to be more to this for things to of broken down to this extent. The manager doesn't take a decision like that lightly. ****, I can't ever remembering this ever happening for a player of his ilk with us.

Real mad situation.

As regards purely personnel, obviously a fit Sakho available is better than not. But if Gomez isn't far off a return to full training and can say be ready for a PL return early next year, we should be sound there with Matip, Lovren, Ragnar the Red and Lucas in an emergency until he is. Never really envisioned the primary two not playing most every game anyways with the week breaks the majority of the season between games. The defence is one area I don't see changing much bar any injuries or later season fatigue.

Last edited:
Back