The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
any news on a lb mate and after seeing motd how you did not win i dont know wait i do that clown in the nets

TBF he did make a top drawer save from Tottenhams only other real chance they had. AlderhoweveryouspellhisnameBelgiumfellas header. A few defensive lapses the goal so it's hard to really put it on him.

Very much doubt we sign anyone by Wednesday. Maybe the American kid. Be (hopefully) more outgoings.

Last edited:
TBF he did make a top drawer save from Tottenhams only other real chance they had. AlderhoweveryouspellhisnameBelgiumfellas header. A few defensive lapse the goal so it's hard to really put it on him.

Very much doubt we sign anyone by Wednesday. Maybe the American kid. Be (hopefully) more outgoings.
i dont know from what i saw he did flap a bit for the goal but seeing as you were ther you will knowbetter than i

i dont know from what i saw he did flap a bit for the goal but seeing as you were ther you will knowbetter than i

Oh, he turns his back the goal. Completely agree. But there was a fe mistakes the defenders leading unto it. Milner try to catch the fella' offside and misjudges the flight the ball over him. Clyne get's sucked the middle for some reason and makes a hash the header, leaving Rose unmarked. (Not sure why Mane was getting the blame reading back the thread.).

Collective, costly lapse in concentration.

Karius is slated to come back against United. Not sure that's the right game to give him his first taste of the PL when he's not been training with the defenders in front of him.

Emre Can is one of the most popular players among L'pool fans. Don't think you'd get many if any complaints at all him coming back in. Not least if it was for Lallana who has his detractors down to his lack of production. (Completely over looking everything else he brings.).

I never thought Henderson would start the season and although he was better today, I would envisage he'd be the one replaced of that three. Then hopefully when Grujic is introduced, Wynaldum, who again I thought had his best game in a L'pool shirt, long periods the second half at Arsenal aside, will be able to move higher up the field where he's more effective.
I agree with most things you say Scouse but you constant underrating of Hendo and what he brings to the midfield in terms of balance really triggers me lol. We literally collapsed without him in midfield during the end of the 2013/2014 season. Yet because he was suffering from a severe heel injury for the whole of last season that really limited him fans once again jumped on his back. Klopp isn't stupid to replace our only midfield apart from Lucas with excellent positional sense and the only one who protects the channels when the fullback race forward. If anyone is going to make way for Grujic or Can it will be either Lallana or Wiji who was truly non-existant against spurs. He isn't a central midfielder and if he is pushed higher up the pitch he wont replace any of the front three because he isn't good enough.

I agree with most things you say Scouse but you constant underrating of Hendo and what he brings to the midfield in terms of balance really triggers me lol. We literally collapsed without him in midfield during the end of the 2013/2014 season. Yet because he was suffering from a severe heel injury for the whole of last season that really limited him fans once again jumped on his back. Klopp isn't stupid to replace our only midfield apart from Lucas with excellent positional sense and the only one who protects the channels when the fullback race forward. If anyone is going to make way for Grujic or Can it will be either Lallana or Wiji who was truly non-existant against spurs. He isn't a central midfielder and if he is pushed higher up the pitch he wont replace any of the front three because he isn't good enough.
Don't think Hendo has great positional sense tbh. But he does give Pool balance.

Don't think Hendo has great positional sense tbh. But he does give Pool balance.
In terms of knowing when to bust a gut to get into the box and when to sit. Having the best players wont guarentee you a win, instead having the best team imo is more important and that is what I hope Klopp is trying to build. Hendo for me is a vital cog in the team.

According to some reports Liverpool has offered Gremio £30mil for Luan.

This just proves he might be a good shot stopper...

tbf great shot stopper, but not great at other aspects of keeping, but the question I would ask of those stats why does it only go to 2014, are his last two years not so good?

tbf great shot stopper, but not great at other aspects of keeping, but the question I would ask of those stats why does it only go to 2014, are his last two years not so good?

Nooo! It's hard to find data of this nature. He overshot his expected saves last season and was among best in the league. He's good all round except he can lose his composure the odd moment and make a mistake.

Hart is a good shot stopper but he makes way to many mistakes to even be considered a world-class keeper.

Hart is a good shot stopper but he makes way to many mistakes to even be considered a world-class keeper.
I agree. He would be dead set world class without the mistakes. He's the next best thing after world class.

You people have a bizarre definition of world class. Joe Hart may not be in a godlike category, but that category only has Neuer and De Gea in it, with Navas knocking on the door. Bracket below those three is at least 10-15 players, all great but with noticeable flaws to their game. And Joe Hart certainly fits that description.

Bundesliga Spotlight– ‏@BundesligaSpot

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Kicker/Bild: Liverpool have made a €12m offer for Christian Pulisic, which has been rejected by Dortmund. Player not for sale! #BVB #LFC
12:43 am - 29 Aug 2016
14 RETWEETS9 LIKES.

Back