The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
That's truly woeful from Lucas, how he survived that summer transfer window when Klopp seemed in a ruthless "if you're not good enough, you're out" mood, astounds me.

That's truly woeful from Lucas, how he survived that summer transfer window when Klopp seemed in a ruthless "if you're not good enough, you're out" mood, astounds me.
He made a mistake. He has shown before he is good enough to play centreback.

Have to expect mistakes when your four man defence contains two midfielders. Can't believe no one at the right price could be found to boost the defence

Matip looks calm 2 games now. Interestingly he has 10 composure in fm16.

He's not good enough for a top 6 premier league side full stop
Your making this assumption because he made one mistake?. He has been excellent every time he has been called upon to play cb. His not even a starter so I don't know why you're complaining. I would rather have Lucas as cover who has given 10 years of service to this club and loves the club. Btw you forgot a full stop at the end of your sentence.

Your making this assumption because he made one mistake?. He has been excellent every time he has been called upon to play cb. His not even a starter so I don't know why you're complaining. I would rather have Lucas as cover who has given 10 years of service to this club and loves the club. Btw you forgot a full stop at the end of your sentence.

If we're playing that game, it's *you're*. And no, I'm making this "assumption" because it's simply my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. You're entitled to yours, but in mine, he's bang average, mid table/bottom half quality, and many friends of mine who happen to support Liverpool, and I would say a few on here too, would agree with that. But if you see him as a worthy squad player, I guess that reflects on where you see Liverpool are at at the moment |)

If we're playing that game, it's *you're*. And no, I'm making this "assumption" because it's simply my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. You're entitled to yours, but in mine, he's bang average, mid table/bottom half quality, and many friends of mine who happen to support Liverpool, and I would say a few on here too, would agree with that. But if you see him as a worthy squad player, I guess that reflects on where you see Liverpool are at at the moment |)

You're entitled to your opinion mate but your comment smacks of being just a boo boy. I would understand if your ****** because he made a positional mistake or he lost his man but it was a horrible error that probably wont happen again. Apart from that him and Matip kept Vardy quiet so I seriously dont understand why your complaining. His job in the squad is to provide cover for midfield and centreback. If you can't see the job he does then that says more about you being a ball watcher. ^^)

Don't think you'll get much back up on here. He's been here for years, overcome a questionable first few seasons, never really complained and will give you 100% in any position you put him in. He's a true professional and I imagine most Liverpool fans would be happy to have him as a squad player for as long as he's happy here. Thought he had a good game apart from the mistake.

On a more important note, thought Matip looked solid today and I swear Klopp loves a Lallana goal more than anyone else :)

He's not good enough for a top 6 premier league side full stop

If you can find a club with a fifth choice centre back (Which would be 5th is Sakho wasn't such an ***) who has 24 International Caps, is 11 games from 400 career games, and is in his 10th year the PL with 223 games and counting then that club will be exceptionally lucky indeed.

Lucas is a bang average centreback. He's also 5th choice. Not sure why there is such debate about it.

I am far from biased when it comes to accessing Liverpool players, their attack is jaw-dropping this season at times, I even defend Jordan Henderson against some Liverpool fans, but I'm sorry, I won't change my mind on this one. Lucas Leiva is not a good player, bang average to be frank, and if a report I read during the summer is correct, that he's really on 80 grand a week (more than starters such as Coutinho, Lovren, Lallana, Clyne, Wijnaldum etc) then he's bound to be laughing all the way the bank every week in recent years. Your club needs to move on average deadwood like him, that's just my opinion.

I am far from biased when it comes to accessing Liverpool players, their attack is jaw-dropping this season at times, I even defend Jordan Henderson against some Liverpool fans, but I'm sorry, I won't change my mind on this one. Lucas Leiva is not a good player, bang average to be frank, and if a report I read during the summer is correct, that he's really on 80 grand a week (more than starters such as Coutinho, Lovren, Lallana, Clyne, Wijnaldum etc) then he's bound to be laughing all the way the bank every week in recent years. Your club needs to move on average deadwood like him, that's just my opinion.

If he was 1st 2nd or 3rd choice I would agree.

but 5th choice isn't something I would worry about

But if Liverpool have to start consistently relying on him, that becomes a concern.

Fantastic way to finally open at home with an absolute route of the Champions.

Some of the movement and interplay was absolutely brilliant and the patience to keep doing it even when it isn't yielding the end result early was very pleasing. Should of been out of sight 2 or 3 at half time bar the Lucas f-up. Why Mingolet gave him the ball there to start with (his distribution was shocking yet again all game) heck only knows? But put it for a throw. Put it out for a corner. Put it ANYWHERE but across the face your own goal. That aside he recovered well the rest of the game alongside Matip who looks straight out of the Hansen/ Hyypia mould of classy centre-backs. I'm running out of superlatives for Mane. He's been at such a level every game he's played thus far ..... Outside of Johnny Barnes start back in '87 I can't remember a better first four games for Liverpool or a player that's captured the imagination and anticipation of everyone watching him. Which is about as high a compliment as I can give as John Barnes is the most naturally gifted footballer I've ever had the privilege of watching live. From any club. Special mention to Wynaldum too. He's been questioned thus far for his lack of goals, but every game he's played he's been real today in keeping everything ticking over the middle and the way he's often ahead of everyone the box is fantastic to see. Ronnie Whelan comes to mind. A player I don't think people will realise just how important he is to the side until he's not in the side for whatever reason. And once Can is back and he can be more attacking in his more natural advanced role. .....

And as for 'The Beast' ..... AKA the new Main Stand ..... WOW! That thing is HUGE! Even when your sat watching the game your eyes are just taken to it. And the open space they've created outside ..... Absolutely unrecognisable from the last game of last season. The 24/7 work that's gone the last 4 months to transform the whole area around the ground, never mind the behemoth they've constructed you just can't speak highly enough about all concerned.

Oh yeah, a positive goal difference. 4 games in. Last year, it took until February for that to happen.

Arsenal, Tottenham and now the Champions absolutely blown away by the attacking play.

Not bad for a team that's 5-7th at best huh zz? Smiles.

Another great day watching Jurgens Reds. Onto the next one Friday at Chelsea.

If you can find a club with a fifth choice centre back (Which would be 5th is Sakho wasn't such an ***) who has 24 International Caps, is 11 games from 400 career games, and is in his 10th year the PL with 223 games and counting then that club will be exceptionally lucky indeed.

Or they just have and old fifth choice defender which is true of Lucas

Or they just have and old fifth choice defender which is true of Lucas

Again, they have one as experienced as he they are in a VERY good position.

But the lambasting of a depth guy like that is ridiculous to be kind and most bizarre.

Oh, to answer your earlier question, what would of been our third choice on down LB options the market this summer weren't deemed either long term enough or significantly better than what he had. Has to be the right fit in all respects. He's not about just throwing money at it for the sake of it. The fit's not there for what we require, he'll make do until one is and try coach up what he has.

No real concerns with Milner there in the interim over getting a body in just because that probably wouldn't be wanted next year.

Again, they have one as experienced as he they are in a VERY good position.

But the lambasting of a depth guy like that is ridiculous to be kind and most bizarre.

Oh, to answer your earlier question, what would of been our third choice on down LB options the market this summer weren't deemed either long term enough or significantly better than what he had. Has to be the right fit in all respects. He's not about just throwing money at it for the sake of it. The fit's not there for what we require, he'll make do until one is and try coach up what he has.

No real concerns with Milner there in the interim over getting a body in just because that probably wouldn't be wanted next year.

At fifth choice I would prefer to have a youngster unless you have a young one ahead of them which Liverpool don't

Back