The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ah they are due a few wins.
Good club, good supporters.

Thank you. Utd's a great club too. Goes without saying. Said often on here I honestly don't hate Utd. I seriously dislike them as much as the next man. But I don't hate them. (Horrible emotion but Chelsea hold that above anyone else.). The Ferguson era aside, both clubs have ironically always got on real well over the years and are far more alike than many would like to admit. I actually think it's real healthy for both England's big two to be prominent at the top of the game and push each other.

Most Utd 'fans' on the other hand ..... But there's no need to get into that.

6 hours at Liverpool, then straight to town for a 12 hr overnight restocking job. So that's 18 hours work before I get to sleep Sunday morning for 8 hours before I'm back in for another 12 hr Sunday night.

But we're all lazy who don't work and go the match using dole money right?!

With hours like that, do you earn about 90k a year?

With hours like that, do you earn about 90k a year?

I wish mate. Summer is ending so grafting while I can before Uni term starts again. Saving my money for our European aways with Scouse next season. ;)

Shankly Gates and the Hillsborough memorial officially back in place and unveiled. Safety certificate passed. The 'This is Anfield' sign back in the tunnel area. Players trained in front the new behemoth last night. And now he's challenged us again yesterday to really use this and the extra seats to turn Anfield into a fortress again.

We're just about set.

Oh, and there is another of our unique 'greeting the coaches' organised from around 4PM tomorrow. Which will be an awesomely fantastic way to kick the new home season off finally if the scenes are anything like the European nights last year. We know our part in all this. Anticipation is off the charts for a home opener. It's like a 'new' Anfield which sounds mad like but it is. The last time I seen the arl place live it was still the old main stand with just the new roof being built about it. Now this gigantic structure has risen that you can see from virtually anywhere the City. (And one which has the Ev fuming about 'won yer big stand trophy have yers?' XD. What ever the F one of those is? Bless their bitter venom. XD.).

Don't think I'd be wrong to guess 15 straight away games is the longest stretch we've ever gone. Anticipation is off the charts. It's great to FINALLY be back home.

19 Anfield games that can make ALL the difference to our season.

Let's start out the right way by taking down the Champions!

1 more day!

Last edited:
scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

Don't knock it man.

You're three years and counting into that **** again.

The longer it rolls, the harder it is to get back to the pinnacle.

Expect big news on the Anfield road extension today/tomorrow.

Don't knock it man.

You're three years and counting into that **** again.

The longer it rolls, the harder it is to get back to the pinnacle.

Dont worry about me, as long as there are Liverpool fans and LFC, Ill be amused every season.
Oh, and when you post pics like that, expect someone to bite back ;)

Expect big news on the Anfield road extension today/tomorrow.

Reading that as further commitment beyond just the plans so I'll look forward with anticipation.

So what's yer first stewarding schedule look like tomorrow with the biggest crowd in 39 years? Any idea where/ what you'll be doing or does that get divvied out match day?

Reading that as further commitment beyond just the plans so I'll look forward with anticipation.

So what's yer first stewarding schedule look like tomorrow with the biggest crowd in 39 years? Any idea where/ what you'll be doing or does that get divvied out match day?

Finally found my role two weeks ago, selling the programmers in the little square huts in the stadium, only to find out they're being employed externally now (must have been a late decision as they took on so many for that role apparently). So don't know if programming will work differently this season.

Was down there earlier on to pick up my kit and I've been told I'm behind one of the new bars, hopefully in the fancier suites so I can take tips. XD

Excited to be working there tomorrow, whether that be behind a bar or selling hotdogs in the stand. We are Liverpool tra la la la

Aint' footie at it's best great?

Had a ***** of a day. Topped off with just calling one me bezzie's to drop off a ticket for tomorrow only to walk in on them all in bits having had to make the absolutely horrible decision to have their dog Charlie the last 14 years put down this avvi. It looks like it's gonna' lash down, and I finally get in to the realisation I have to frigging go out again for the milk I've forgot!

But then there's football. And then there's L'pool football. And yers stop. And yers remember what's in store tomorrow. The opening of a boss, awesome new stand for even more people to watch a L'pool side with genuine title aspirations under one of the best managers around. And all the shitiness of this Friday disappears and the current big **** **** eating grin I'm sporting changes yer whole mood!

Footie's frigging boss like!

Last edited:
That chart accurately describes every fanbase of top 6 clubs, except the one that ended up on top in the previous year.

That chart accurately describes every fanbase of top 6 clubs, except the one that ended up on top in the previous year.

One club may be more guilty than most, but it's entirely spot on

Is Sakho fit? Because if he is and Lucas is starting at CB then no matter what Klopp says he is never getting in the starting lineup this season, especially as he isn't on the bench

Back