The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think Swansea deserve a lot of credit, and can feel very unlucky not to have nicked a point. Identified Liverpool's weakness, got a goal and could've had a couple more a similar approach. Defended brilliantly for long spells, disrupted the rhythm of the game throughout and didn't allow Liverpool to get going like they have this season, put in a real shift. But having said that fair play to Liverpool, these are the types of games you need to win to properly challenge for titles, came out a different team in the second half and even though Swansea would feel they deserved a point, it's also hard to argue with Liverpool deserving 3.

well well the sign of a top team dont play well but still win who know what may happen

I think Swansea deserve a lot of credit, and can feel very unlucky not to have nicked a point. Identified Liverpool's weakness, got a goal and could've had a couple more a similar approach. Defended brilliantly for long spells, disrupted the rhythm of the game throughout and didn't allow Liverpool to get going like they have this season, put in a real shift. But having said that fair play to Liverpool, these are the types of games you need to win to properly challenge for titles, came out a different team in the second half and even though Swansea would feel they deserved a point, it's also hard to argue with Liverpool deserving 3.

I think that sums it up pretty well, Swansea will rightly feel they could have had a draw, but at the same time we can feel we deserved the points. And for sure, we weren't necessarily winning these games in the past but it's an excellent sign that we managed to do so today, because that could easily have been another Burnley result. Second half was - for the most part - excellent

Not winning anything with that goalkeeper Karius if he is the replacement for Mignolet good lord... Swansea could of had 3 goals from his errors alone, particularly at the end should of got a goal. Looking forward to us testing him with Ibra and company.

Last edited:
PHEW! MASSIVE win after that first half.

5 straight wins in September. (I know it's the 1st. Humour me.).

We'd of lost that game last year. Just like we'd of drawn or lost at Chelsea. These Reds can now dig in and grind out the wins.

They said we'd f-up against Hull at home. They said we'd f-up at Swansea. I wait with baited breath for the latest reason these Reds can't win the league.

'Bring on yer Manchester United ..... '

Not winning anything with that goalkeeper Karius if he is the replacement for Mignolet good lord... Swansea could of had 3 goals from his errors alone, particularly at the end should of got a goal. Looking forward to us testing him with Ibra and company.

Yeah, because we're all gonna' join you in castigating a fella' playing his third game in English football and the first one with the first choice back 4 in front of him.

'Oh the drama!' ...... That's everywhere but in Liverpudlians lives. (H).

Looks like a weakness because he was flapping for nearly everything that came into the box. Still early days for the kid but we could've been punished at the end.

Looks like a weakness because he was flapping for nearly everything that came into the box. Still early days for the kid but we could've been punished at the end.

Pepe Reina was utter ***** the air the first two seasons here as he adjusted to the English game. He turned out alright.

Karius be fine.

I refuse to comment on Karius yet, I still remember the "I've seen Dracula react better to crosses than De Gea" jokes which look very embarrassing now for the people who were sharing that.

I refuse to comment on Karius yet, I still remember the "I've seen Dracula react better to crosses than De Gea" jokes which look very embarrassing now for the people who were sharing that.

Even if that's the case it's still to our advantage when we play you in a few weeks. Difference is if he makes them mistakes against better opposition it will cost you.

With at least one of City and Tottenham taking points off each other tomorrow this set's things up perfectly after this block of games going into the break.

Couldn't be happier with the start to the season.

Last edited:
I think Karius will turn out great for you and as much as it pains me to say this, Liverpool are the most entertaining prem side to watch and, if I look at it from a neutral's perspective, Klopp is the most likeable Manager

Even if that's the case it's still to our advantage when we play you in a few weeks. Difference is if he makes them mistakes against better opposition it will cost you.

I support United and I hope you're right, but I wouldn't look too much into it such early days into his new surroundings. But what I do think is we'll cause them a lot of problems in the air, set pieces, full backs getting forward pinging them into Zlatan, etc.

As a united fan i have to say im worried about facing pool but can also see us giving the defence lots of problems.would be happy with a draw tbh

I support United and I hope you're right, but I wouldn't look too much into it such early days into his new surroundings. But what I do think is we'll cause them a lot of problems in the air, set pieces, full backs getting forward pinging them into Zlatan, etc.

Be a first for Zlatan. 4 games and counting against L'pool and zero goals scored.

Oh my bad, yes we have the tools to cause them problems but whether we set up and utilise them correctly is another story. I'm confident we can win but at the same time know it won't be possible if we don't play well like vs City.

Late reply I know, but not just yet!

As mentioned a few times, it's the games against Hull and Swansea that will say alot more - against the bigger sides we seem to always turn up. haha.

Hull and Swansea successfully navigated.

You believing now la? :D

As a united fan i have to say im worried about facing pool but can also see us giving the defence lots of problems.would be happy with a draw tbh

If it help''s it's L'pool- Utd and ANYTHING can happen. The form book goes out the window on the day.

All things being equal on this season to date, we click like we'd wipe the floor with yers. But the amount of times we've totally dominated Utd and ended up losing isn't even funny. Last season as a prime recent example.

Cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:
Back