The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He was at MCFC for 3 years.. lol.
He was there from 17 to 19 though he didn't make a first team appearance to be fair. I don't imagine that moving from Germany to England is that much of a culture shock when you already speak English. I think that factor is often exaggerated although he's played 3 league games and it's too early to make such a firm judgement.

He was there from 17 to 19 though he didn't make a first team appearance to be fair. I don't imagine that moving from Germany to England is that much of a culture shock when you already speak English. I think that factor is often exaggerated although he's played 3 league games and it's too early to make such a firm judgement.

True, but i only point out that its not a 'complete new xxxx' to be leveled at the lad,

He has lived and worked in the northwest already, played in the english game (albeit reserve), hes not starting from complete scratch but i like him, good solid keeper, young strong, bit flappy but its a new team, and his confidence will only grow.

hes only played 3 games and so did dave so whats your point

Erm.. my point is that the article saying Karius is already looking more solid than Mignolet isn't true as so far he has been flapping at nearly everything.

Erm.. my point is that the article saying Karius is already looking more solid than Mignolet isn't true as so far he has been flapping at nearly everything.
well hes a lot less flappy than mignolet and if he was not better klopp would not play him

He's also had 100% better distribution with his feet (like with a Guardiola side, a KEY factor in Jurgen's L'pool team the Belgium buffoon could not contribute to), caught a shot Mingolet would of flapped at on Saturday and doubtless dropped, won a 50/50 tackle outside his box at Derby at 1-0; and pushes the team into a high line which helps the attacking transition by the very nature of his starting position outside his area.

So yeah, as happens, the article could well be said to be right.

But again, he's better by the very fact he's not Simon Mingolet. Who has been **** poor and the weakest link on successive L'pool sides for the past three years.

Last edited:
Way too earlier to be making any judgement on Karius, good or bad.

Kloppo does NOT always have good judgement with goalkeepers tbh.

Of interest to you (or not), we have a young Polish 'keeper who's been getting a lot of praise from the reviewers and coaches alike this season. Kamil Grabara. 17 year old. Polish U-17 cap for what that's worth. Picked him up from Ruch Chorzow this past summer.

Played a good few games for both the U-18's and U-23's this year. Conceding goals like as any 'keeper does. Not least a young one. But the main thing is his individual displays and self confidence have apparently been bang on.

Who knows what if anything he'll develop into but I've been meaning to mention it and you've just jogged my memory. So there you go.

I swear that was discussed on this thread at some point, and Tyton - or maybe someone else from Poland, if there is anyone - said that Grabara is pretty highly rated, though not to the same level as Dragowski

Yeah I remember reading people slagging Milner off when he went to Liverpool and thought to myself "I thought Liverpool fans loved hard working players that give everything" *eyes to Kuyt*

Guilty as charged.

To be fair he wasn't great under BR, but under Klopp he looks as good as Messi

Just in the que for the Tottenham tickets. The que is surprisingly long. Scouse any inside scoop here?

I swear that was discussed on this thread at some point, and Tyton - or maybe someone else from Poland, if there is anyone - said that Grabara is pretty highly rated, though not to the same level as Dragowski

FM legend that Dragowski.

Just in the que for the Tottenham tickets. The que is surprisingly long. Scouse any inside scoop here?.....

Is it? At the ground? People getting them before work? Saying that, probably a quicker way than the frigging online que. Which to be fair is actually better than trying to get tickets to the Kraftwerk gig at the Phil next year last Friday which bounced us out twice when you went to pay even though they were in the basket and then the third time they'd all sold! You DIDN'T want to be around me last Friday morning! :@. But I digress .....

The popularity of Jugrens brilliant Reds. :). Tottenham are chartering a train so their fans can get home at only £20 a ticket which is a brilliant move from them.

Guilty as charged.

To be fair he wasn't great under BR, but under Klopp he looks as good as Messi

The amounts of players that you'd of WELL gotten rid of this time last year that have had a MASSIVE improvement under him to now be integral playing in the best form of their lives ..... The likes of Milner, Lallana, Henderson, Dejan Lovren (thought he'd be the first out the door under Jurgen. Now, not worried at centre half at all for the next good few years with him and Matip), to a lesser extent Firmino but he was still a 'just what the f does he do and what does he bring to the table?' ...... Even players like Origi who didn't even look like a footballer have improved leaps and bounds

Amazing what belief in both what you inherit and your own ability to coach and improve them can do along with hard work and hours on the training park huh?

Probably plays into people thinking our squad is weak because they only look at these players pre-Klopp and still roll with the rhetoric that they're *****. Not all about buying a completely new team.

Last edited:
Is it? At the ground? People getting them before work? Saying that, probably a quicker way than the frigging online que. Which to be fair is actually better than trying to get tickets to the Kraftwerk gig at the Phil next year last Friday which bounced us out twice when you went to pay even though they were in the basket and then the third time they'd all sold! You DIDN'T want to be around me last Friday morning! :@. But I digress .....

The popularity of Jugrens brilliant Reds. :). Tottenham are chartering a train so their fans can get home at only £20 a ticket which is a brilliant move from them.

I meant the online que mate. Not sure if you could que up for Tottenham today? Must have been close to 45 minutes waiting before, got them in the end though. We are Liverpool tra la la la

The likes of Milner, Lallana, Henderson, Dejan Lovren (thought he'd be the first out the door under Jurgen. Now, not worried at centre half at all for the next good few years with him and Matip), to a lesser extent Firmino but he was still a 'just what the f does he do and what does he bring to the table?' ...... Even players like Origi who didn't even look like a footballer have improved leaps and bounds

It's ******* brilliant. I love Origi, always does a job for us when he's on the pitch. Henderson is finding his form again after a quiet spell. Lallana Milner and Lovren I had no hope for this time last season but look at them now. ******* Lovren!? I use to associate him in the same category as Mignolet.

I was going to write something Sat'day on the one year anniversary of the single best thing to happen to my club, IMHO, since the great Bill Shankly walked through the door back in 1959 and dragged us up from the doldrums of the second division to our current standing as the most successful club in England and one of the biggest in World football. On just HOW much has changed over the past year from a club going absolutely nowhere to a club that are now genuine title contenders 1 year in with a mouth watering future in prospect. And all points in between.

But this does it for me and more. Absolutely brilliant talk between a highly informed Dortmund fan and a L'pool fan on the special, special person that is the crazy ***, loveable German and just what he does for your club and how he completely connects with the City and it's people and get's how they tick. The parallels between the two are uncanny and you're just nodding your head constantly and going 'Is rite lad. Seeing/ feeling that every day.'

For anyone that still doesn't get why he's been SO idolised SO quickly, WELL worth 20 minutes or so of your time.

Jurgen Norbert Klopp. As good as ANY manager in the World and the PERFECT fit for the club HE chose. Liverpool FC.

Our time is coming again.

[video=youtube;XBvEBbsnGOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBvEBbsnGOo[/video]

Last edited:
Back