The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
To be fair it's not going to have any bearings on the game... he's not even a United fan, and generally nowadays that means you're a United hater. He'll be perfectly neutral for the job in hand, if anything, in 50/50 decisions he may even feel under pressure sway towards the home side because of the overreactions by everyone (Although I hope not, big games like this need brave/bold referees).

Point being he shouldn't feel under any pressure at all.

Terrible appointment that just opens him and the league up to criticism and controversy. And one that's totally unfair on Taylor.

The bigger question if that happens would be who he lashes out at and blames next.

It'll be me.

"I sink it was uncalled for?... His negativity in the thread?... Why isitlikedis? I dunno, I dunno? Maybe I sink he is notafanno?"

Just reading about that wage cap for youngsters. 40k a year is surely handicapping yourselves? When other clubs in the league will pay more for talent abroad per year and try persuading them to leave by offering your top talents a lot more.

Just reading about that wage cap for youngsters. 40k a year is surely handicapping yourselves? When other clubs in the league will pay more for talent abroad per year and try persuading them to leave by offering your top talents a lot more.

If they don't want to be here for the right reason's then I'd rather they did go.

They have a manager that will give them every opportunity to be a part of what he's building. He wants hungry players that want to be a part of this and they'll get rewarded as they go. If money is all that drives them they are welcome to look for it elsewhere.

The same goes for the senior players too.

I read a great thing on him talking today on his first gig as a youth coach at 20 with Frankfurt. And the Sporting Director coming up to him the summer, when they'd moved up a year, asking him what new players he wanted and being totally taken aback when he refused saying he'd rather continue working with the boys he'd had the previous year. This guys different and believes in coaching and developing over just spending money because you can. And he wants that same desire and hunger in those he's teaching and improving.

Last edited:

I like it.
How many Depay's do you want in the premier league?

So you feel humiliated that your in the Europa again this year? I have a feeling that you must get used to it....
United havnt really impressed me much this year at all and I just dont see Jose sticking around for more than 2-3 years and looking for another challenge (Its synonymous with his career thus far, spend a few years here and there before moving on). I fear for United as they are in a similar position to us when King Kenny left in 1991. It would be a shame to see United fall away from the pack in the next few years as the special nature of our rivalry could be lost.

Any way back to the point. Im going for a 3-1 win for us.

Of course I do, being in the Europa League is a humiliation no matter how much we try to downplay it, clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool belong in the top tier of European football aka Champions League.

How long Mourinho is here doesn't really matter, it's more what he does whilst he is here. If he wins a few trophies he has laid solid ground for us to progress and build under a new manager. That's what I hope shall happen anyway.

Of course I do, being in the Europa League is a humiliation no matter how much we try to downplay it, clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool belong in the top tier of European football aka Champions League.

Why?
Why do teams 'belong' somewhere?

England invented football.
Do they belong in every world cup final because the fans 'believe' they should.

Of course I do, being in the Europa League is a humiliation no matter how much we try to downplay it, clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool belong in the top tier of European football aka Champions League......

Then, with no disrespect intended to any other Utd supporter who feels the opposite, I sincerely hope Utd crash out the groups to save you further 'embarrassment' as that's all that outright arrogance, to be kind, deserves.

Then, with no disrespect intended to any other Utd supporter who feels the opposite, I sincerely hope Utd crash out the groups to save you further 'embarrassment' as that's all that outright arrogance, to be kind, deserves.

It's not arrogance, it's more expectation and belief that your club should be competing at a higher level.

Only thing I care for about Europa League is that it is another route to get into Champions League. That is literally it.

Why?
Why do teams 'belong' somewhere?

England invented football.
Do they belong in every world cup final because the fans 'believe' they should.

Don't take this the wrong way, but Utd have won ONE more European Cup than frigging Nottingham Forest! And only 2 more total UEFA trophy's than the Nottinghamshire 'giants.' One of which is now defunct! NOTTINGHAM FOREST!

This f-ed up sense of entitlement that persists among fans today narks the living **** out of me.

You may be frustrated to be out of the Champions League. Everyone wants to be playing at Europe's top table. But to say it's a 'humiliation' to be in a major UEFA completion regardless.....

The clubs and the media have a **** of a lot to answer for in breading this arrogant attitude among fans in this era.

Last edited:
It's not arrogance, it's more expectation and belief that your club should be competing at a higher level.

Why?
Why should it be more than it is?

This reminds me of the same headline we see in British press before every single international competition.
"England expects... But can it deliver?".

Expects what?
The foreigners play better than you... The best players in your league are most likely foreigners!!
Stop thinking you BELONG somewhere???? Watch the footie, enjoy the wins and suck up the losses.

Why?
Why should it be more than it is?

This reminds me of the same headline we see in British press before every single international competition.
"England expects... But can it deliver?".

Expects what?
The foreigners play better than you... The best players in your league are most likely foreigners!!
Stop thinking you BELONG somewhere???? Watch the footie, enjoy the wins and suck up the losses.

You've lost me.

It would be so boring if I was just like... it doesn't matter what happens this season as I'm watching football. For me it's part of being a fan to believe and achieve.

I'm kinda in the middle here.

Yes, I think fans should believe that they can get into the higher competitions (CL), but no team 'belongs' in the CL, you have to earn it via league position, like Leicester.

All I'm saying on this.

I'm kinda in the middle here.

Yes, I think fans should believe that they can get into the higher competitions (CL), but no team 'belongs' in the CL, you have to earn it via league position, like Leicester.

All I'm saying on this.

It's a natural part of being a fan, believing to achieve, anyone who argues differently is just lying to themselves lets be honest.

Having expectation as well is part and parcel, for me the foreigners in our league make our game great from a viewing perspective and more exciting. But it doesn't mean I'm happy that it's at the sacrifice of English talent getting a look in and I don't expect something to happen eventually to combat this. The incompetence of the F.A and the money are the reasons it probably won't happen anytime soon.

It's a natural part of being a fan, believing to achieve, anyone who argues differently is just lying to themselves lets be honest.

Having expectation as well is part and parcel, for me the foreigners in our league make our game great from a viewing perspective and more exciting. But it doesn't mean I'm happy that it's at the sacrifice of English talent getting a look in and I don't expect something to happen eventually to combat this. The incompetence of the F.A and the money are the reasons it probably won't happen anytime soon.

How old are you?
You are like a ****** off aul grandpa that didn't lead the life he felt he deserved.
It's sport... It's entertainment.|

Lighten up for **** sake.

It's a natural part of being a fan, believing to achieve, anyone who argues differently is just lying to themselves lets be honest.....

Wanting the best for your club is one thing.

Being an arrogant ____ and completely disrespecting a major European competition like it's somehow beneath your club because you're not happy being in it is a WHOLE other one.

Although I'm sure if Utd rolled all the way to Stockholm this year and won a first ever UEFA Cup/ Europa League you'd be the first to revel in the glory. Funny how that **** hapens huh?

'Humiliated' to be in Europe. God give me strength.

Last edited:
Back