The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hope the curse will be in full effect, at least for Monday. :D

Worst possible day/ time for you. Particularly coming off the back of the Europa atmosphere that you completely and utterly wilted under. There's Anfield. And there's Anfield on a European night and your lads had never heard anything like that. The photie of them all looking in awe/ scared shitless at the Kop as the lined up for the anthem is testament to that.

Now, there's far stronger characters been added the Utd since then. But Anfield under the lights is a special place ..... and the first game under the lights at that with an extra 10 thousand there. The place will be MAD.

Best kick-off for you would of been the flat Sat'day half twelve.

Worst possible day/ time for you. Particularly coming off the back of the Europa atmosphere that you completely and utterly wilted under. There's Anfield. And there's Anfield on a European night and your lads had never heard anything like that. The photie of them all looking in awe/ scared shitless at the Kop as the lined up for the anthem is testament to that.

Now, there's far stronger characters been added the Utd since then. But Anfield under the lights is a special place ..... and the first game under the lights at that with an extra 10 thousand there. The place will be MAD.

Not seen that got the pic?

FINALLY. The December/ January fixture changes:

Fixture amendments
(all times are GMT)
Sunday 4 December
1.30pm AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Sunday 11 December
4.30pm Liverpool v West Ham United (Sky Sports)

Monday 19 December

8pm Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 27 December

5.15pm Liverpool v Stoke City (Sky Sports)

Saturday 31 December

5.30pm Liverpool v Manchester City (BT Sport)

Sunday 15 January

4pm Manchester United v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 21 January

12.30pm Liverpool v Swansea City (BT Sport)

Tuesday 31 January
8pm Liverpool v Chelsea (BT Sport)

Pretty happy with all of them. Bournemouth is sound for going down the St'day and coming back at a reasonable time the Sunday. NO night game at Utd is a bonus from a getting in and out in one piece stand point. Derby's under the lights are always fun. Not too happy about the Boxing Day fixture being moved. And the late City game New Years eve isn't ideal but all in all not too bad.

Out of curiousity, if United beat Liverpool on Monday night, or at least put in a big performance and got the draw, would that put the "United are afraid of Anfield under the lights" theory to bed?

Cracking atmosphere no doubt, but the only atmosphere I can recall being "scary" was Galatasaray back in the 90's, now that warranted us to be scared shitless - even Sir Alex was intimidated.

Liverpool fans are just like Celtic or Dortmund, crazy and passionate, Galatasaray fans were threatening.

Out of curiousity, if United beat Liverpool on Monday night, or at least put in a big performance and got the draw, would that put the "United are afraid of Anfield under the lights" theory to bed? .....

It's neither a theory nor what was posted.

What was posted was what happened. You capitulated under the European atmosphere. Something you'd never experienced at Anfield. Your lads were beat before the game started that night.

AFWIW I didn't think the atmosphere that night was one of our best.

If we beat you at Old Tafford then I would agree that we crumbled in the first leg, but you even turned up there and gave a big performance too for the draw - I think over the two legs Liverpool were just the better team and deserved it. Perhaps the atmosphere in the first leg helped, I'm not overly sure, but what I am sure about they deserved to beat us. But I'm sure even you can admit your eyes lightened up when you saw a 2 man midfield of Fellaini/Schneiderlin with Varela & Rojo at full back's? :D

Well done to Norbert on winning manager of the month.

First German to win it

"I prefer collecting points" - Jurgen Klopp named Premier League's Manager of the Month - This Is Anfield

“I went into the office of my coaches and said ‘we are Manager of the Month!’” he said on receiving the award at Melwood.

He's brilliant isn't he? So unassuming which is so refreshing in today's game. Loved this on similar lines from a Fulham fan on the differences between he and Mourinho::

View attachment 125528

Klopp: on Xmas period “We play two games in 48 hours, there will be injuries and then some Dutch guy (on Twitter) will say things.”

Klopp: on Xmas period “We play two games in 48 hours, there will be injuries and then some Dutch guy (on Twitter) will say things.”

The fellas an absolute ********. (Who's STILL unemployed. Strange for SUCH a fitness guru huh?).

Raymond Verheijen
@raymondverheije
30m30 minutes ago

Liverpool manager Klopp caused 20 hamstring injuries in 10 months but keeps blaming external factors for injuries.http://www.teamtalk.com/news/klopp-fuming-at-cluttered-liverpool-fixture-list …

"I thought he was a cringe-worthy nerd at Dortmund and my opinion hasn't changed since he moved to Anfield. I remember him being interviewed about Shinji Kagawa joining United ages ago and he said they cried for 20 minutes in each other's arms. Not for me, thanks."

Hahahaha

Back