The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Wanting the best for your club is one thing.

Being an arrogant ____ and completely disrespecting a major European completion like it's somehow beneath your club because you're not happy being in it is a WHOLE other one.

Although I'm sure if Utd rolled all the way to Stockholm this year and won a first ever UEFA Cup/ Europa League you'd be the first to revel in the glory. Funny how that **** havens huh?

How is it arrogant? You'll be hard pressed finding a United fan happy with being in Europa League or not having ambition to be in Champions League.

Europa League has long been a disrespected competition, it's only recently with the place in Champions League it has become relatively interesting towards the latter stages.

As I've already said, the only thing I'd revel in if we won it is that we got into the Champions League from it.

..... Europa League has long been a disrespected competition.....

It has. By absolutely disgraceful, arrogant English clubs, media, and in turn ******** 'fans' who buy into that disrespectful B/S on one of the two European majors.

The rest of Europe who appreciate it for what it is, a MAJOR European competition, not so much.

Again, 'humiliated' at the chance to be in in European competition and the chance to compete for silverware because it's not the completion you want to be in. That type of arrogance and ****** up sense of self entitlement is a prime example of why Utd and their fans came to be detested Country wide in the '90's/ '00's.

Last edited:
How is it arrogant? You'll be hard pressed finding a United fan happy with being in Europa League or not having ambition to be in Champions League.

Europa League has long been a disrespected competition, it's only recently with the place in Champions League it has become relatively interesting towards the latter stages.

As I've already said, the only thing I'd revel in if we won it is that we got into the Champions League from it.
sorry but what a load of bullshit pls its still something to win like the league cup face it the reason we are in it cos we were not that good last season to be in the cl this season it is what it is i hope we do well in it but you need to get your head out of your ***

It has. By absolutely disgraceful, arrogant English clubs, media, and in turn ******** 'fans' who buy into that disrespectful B/S on one of the two European majors.

The rest of Europe who appreciate it for what it is, a MAJOR European competition, not so much.

Again, 'humiliated' at the chance to be in in European competition and compete for silverware because it's not the completion you want to be in. You're the prime example of why Utd fans came to be detested Country wide in the '90's/ '00's.

Come off it Scouse, get down off the high horse, I've seen endless Liverpool fans on twitter mock Europa League over the years. Lets not even pretend you like being in it and don't want to be in Champions League.

It's a pointless argument really, if you love Europa League then fair play, but majority of fans don't and they only see it as a hindrance to their league ambitions or as a route into Champions League.

sorry but what a load of bullshit pls its still something to win like the league cup face it the reason we are in it cos we were not that good last season to be in the cl this season it is what it is i hope we do well in it but you need to get your head out of your ***

I never said we shouldn't be in it (this season at least), lets not blow everything out of proportion. This merely turned from my original post saying I believe United and Liverpool belong in European top flight and that's where I want them to be. Into a ****** debate about arrogance and whatever else.

This is like arguing our club is arrogant for trying to buy the best players and they shouldn't try to win or expect to be the best from doing that.

Come off it Scouse, get down off the high horse, I've seen endless Liverpool fans on twitter mock Europa League over the years. Lets not even pretend you like being in it and don't want to be in Champions League.

It's a pointless argument really, if you love Europa League then fair play, but majority of fans don't and they only see it as a hindrance to their league ambitions or as a route into Champions League.

High horse my ****. Those same Liverpool 'fans' (term used VERY loosely on ANY L'pool supporter who disses being in European competition. The bedrock of what their club is built on) are absolute bellends too.

I never said we shouldn't be in it (this season at least), lets not blow everything out of proportion. This merely turned from my original post saying I believe United and Liverpool belong in European top flight and that's where I want them to be. Into a ****** debate about arrogance and whatever else..... .

YOU took it in that direction by saying you are, and I quote, 'HUMILIATED' to be in the competition.

And then you ask how that's arrogance? SERIOUSLY?

I never said we shouldn't be in it (this season at least), lets not blow everything out of proportion. This merely turned from my original post saying I believe United and Liverpool belong in European top flight and that's where I want them to be. Into a ****** debate about arrogance and whatever else.

This is like arguing our club is arrogant for trying to buy the best players and they shouldn't try to win or expect to be the best from doing that.
nice way not to see the point no 1 has the god given right to anything but seeing as you cant see it im out

High horse my ****. Those same Liverpool 'fans' (term used VERY loosely on ANY L'pool supporter who disses being in European competition. The bedrock of what their club is built on) are absolute bellends too.

So you class all fans as bellends then pretty much for having an opinion or belief their club is better? This is why this debate makes no sense.

What are you arguing.. fans should respect the competition? Yes I'd agree. But that's not what I'm arguing. It's why you are calling fans like me arrogant or bellends or whatever because we believe that Europa League is a competition with little value and don't really care for it.

And here I was waiting untill all this Liverpool vs United debate would get overheated...And then it is about Europe...

nice way not to see the point no 1 has the god given right to anything but seeing as you cant see it im out

That is the prudent answer. Seriously can not believe what I've read.

I just hope yers all remember this from zz the United thread. Starting this Thursday against Fenerbahce. Because it'd be fair to assume he wouldn't be commenting on that or any other Euopa League game for Utd this year. Good or bad. As he's SO 'humiliated' to even be in the tournament to begin with.

That is the prudent answer. Seriously can not believe what I've read.

I just hope yers all remember this from zz the United thread. Starting this Thursday against Fenerbahce. Because it'd be fair to assume he wouldn't be commenting on that or any other Euopa League game for Utd this year. Good or bad. As he's SO 'humiliated' to even be in the tournament to begin with.

The club as a whole you mean, not just me. But it is what it is, never said we shouldn't be there this season (not where I feel we belong but that's another matter). Just don't really have value on it until the latter stages and if we are still in then it is worth pursuing for alternative CL route.

Cool off and watch this piece of brilliance from Henderson against Slovenia. Ronaldinho eat your heart out.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/ThePremierFootball/posts/1140235762719152[/video]

The club as a whole you mean, not just me. But it is what it is, never said we shouldn't be there this season (not where I feel we belong but that's another matter). Just don't really have value on it until the latter stages and if we are still in then it is worth pursuing for alternative CL route.

But you're HUMILIATED to be in it.

So all the above is just fluff. But as you're either being deliberately obtuse, or just down right awkwared for the sake of it, in failing to see how God **** arrogant that view is there really is no point in continuing this with you.

pool.PNG

But you're HUMILIATED to be in it.

So all the above is just fluff. But as you're either being deliberately obtuse, or just down right awkwared for the sake of it, in failing to see how God **** arrogant that view is there really is no point in continuing this with you.

Probably best, as we're clearly going in circles and your not really getting my point. I've been on this forum for like 8 years, pretty sure arrogant is a new one. But it's nice to add to my list of honours! |)

Can BT and Sky finally decide who's covering who please.

Was expecting the December/ January changes two days back!

Is the match on BT or Sky on monday? Just realise im away on work. I get Sky on my phone, but not BT, so hoping its a sky one

Back