The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Incorrect. Our Anfield record is poor. Our Old Trafford record against Liverpool however is very good.

In my lifetime alone, we've only had a winning Anfield record in one decade. The '70's. When Utd were utter ***** after Busby and the rivalry was 'just another game.' L'pool won 7 and drew the other 2 of the 9 Anfield contests.

They've not come out on top in a decade since.

2 wins out out 11 at Anfield against Utd the '80's. With 4 Utd wins. 5 Draws.

4 out 10 the '90's. With 4 Utd wins. 2 Draws.

5 out 11 the double 00's. With 5 Utd wins. 1 Draw.

And 4 times thus far out of 9 this decade. With 3 Utd wins. 2 Draws. Utd having gained 3 wins and a draw their last 6 visits.

If that constitutes a poor record at Anfield I'd hate to see a good one!

Any of you Pool fans worried about your press and super high work rate? Noticed a few games this season some of your players getting cramp in 2nd half, especially last night with Firmino and Coutinho in the last 10-15 mins. Just wondering.

Any of you Pool fans worried about your press and super high work rate? Noticed a few games this season some of your players getting cramp in 2nd half, especially last night with Firmino and Coutinho in the last 10-15 mins. Just wondering.

Nope. Last night aside when the intensity was completely off, we're comfortably winning the fitness game against everyone. Now they've had the grounding of the pre-season base in their muscles for the long haul, along with taking Munich's key head fitness coach the summer, they're visibly stronger and fitter than they were last year.

I don't think it'll be a worry for them T.O.D, but should they get European football next season, it'll be a lot more testing.

Nope. Last night aside when the intensity was completely off, we're comfortably winning the fitness game against everyone. Now they've had the grounding of the pre-season base in their muscles for the long haul, along with taking Munich's key head fitness coach the summer, they're visibly stronger and fitter than they were last year.
I'm sure that's the one Pep was slagging off when he was there in his last season. And other fitness staff at Bayern.

I see it was Van Gaal who promoted him from the Bayern reserve team to be the first team fitness coach, when does that crazy dutch man ever stop giving debuts? Lol

Just to cheer up some people here looking at you scousey. We are only two points of top spot having played what was probably the hardest opening fixtures when compared to our rivals. We are the in form team at the moment and have joint scored the most goals in the league so far. We have Klopp. Did I mention we have klopp?. Yesterday's game shows how far we have come where it is seen as two points dropped rather than a good point. Oh and we also kept our first clean sheet in the league. Chin up lads.

Just to cheer up some people here looking at you scousey. We are only two points of top spot having played what was probably the hardest opening fixtures when compared to our rivals. We are the in form team at the moment and have joint scored the most goals in the league so far. We have Klopp. Did I mention we have klopp?. Yesterday's game shows how far we have come where it is seen as two points dropped rather than a good point. Oh and we also kept our first clean sheet in the league. Chin up lads.

Meh. Leave it until at least Wednesday and then we can look forward (term used VERY loosely) to Saturday teatime and the next 'fun' watch with the poor man's Mourinho Pulis.

Just can't wait for that.

Meh. Leave it until at least Wednesday and then we can look forward (term used VERY loosely) to Saturday teatime and the next 'fun' watch with the poor man's Mourinho Pulis.

Oh good lord we have West Brom. When will the nightmare end.

If that's true you'll have a hard job breaking them down! (6)

In my lifetime alone, we've only had a winning Anfield record in one decade. The '70's. When Utd were utter ***** after Busby and the rivalry was 'just another game.' L'pool won 7 and drew the other 2 of the 9 Anfield contests.

And 4 times thus far out of 9 this decade. With 3 Utd wins. 2 Draws. Utd having gained 3 wins and a draw their last 6 visits.

Correct.

Have a look at the OT one. You've lost to us more than any one, but we never like going there.

Have a look at the OT one. You've lost to us more than any one, but we never like going there.

I know full well what our head-to-heads are against Utd mate. The 80's rams that home in glorious technicolor. L'pool are dominating home and abroad winning trophy after trophy but couldn't beat Utd for ****. FA Cup semis, league games, you name it. Something like 23 games that decade with 3 L'pool wins. That's what really brought the rivalry back to the fore on both sides and were it really turned nasty. Jealousy. United's jealousy of L'pool winning everything. L'pool's jealousy of never being able to beat Utd and Utd getting all the media headlines. Throw in the social impact of both City's under Thatcher and it was powder keg of a release. Often not in a good way to say the least.

Neither ground is a good one off experience for the other to go to that game but wherever it's been played over the years Utd have the clear advantage.

Liverpool FC– Verified account ‏@LFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

?????? Here's how the #LFCU23s line up against @ManUtd tonight.

10:05 am - 18 Oct 2016
121 RETWEETS269 LIKES.

Expecting you to win this. Our u23s are pretty poor TBH. Except from Tuanzebe and Poole. Willock and Harrop are good, but not going to score the goals we need as we have no STR. Great to see Olesunde, Tanner, Kehinde from the u18s get in the squad. Olesunde is talented out of the 3 Kehinde is a good player, reminds me a bit of Larnel Cole. Tanner is a solid player won't make it at Utd but defo will have a good career at Championship maybe lower team Prem. Sorry forgot about Williams to go with Poole and Tuanzebe. We have that much talent at CB ATM, doubt they will all make it hope I'm wrong. As sure as I'm gonna be that Tuanzebe and Williams will. Poole has more than enough talent to do so, but the other 2 are much better talents and players currently.

Last edited:
Back