The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Meh, you got Mourinho'd. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think there's a whole pile of justifying.

Not many teams will go to Anfield and get a point, never mind a clean sheet to boot, so I'm happy. Onto the kebabs on Thursday, then Chelsea at the weekend. We showed against Leicester and Stoke we can overpower teams, but we also showed tonight we can dig out a result through sheer discipline away from home, a real Mourinho performance, although if we approach you lot at Old Trafford like that, then I'd be annoyed.

As for the who's slating who about what where how, not arsed pal :D

Everyone's slating United for not playing expansive football but If they did they prob would've lost the game. They came with a game plan and executed it to perfection, not much else to say really.

Bullshit. When United were good they were very good. They'd play **** and still nick the three points against us.
Disagree, form goes out the window in this game. If you can go to Anfield and avoid defeat, it's a good result in my book, and if you get the win, it's a great result.

Everyone's slating United for not playing expansive football but If they did they prob would've lost the game. They came with a game plan and executed it to perfection, not much else to say really.

You've gone up in my estimations sir. In this current moment of time, if we were to go to Anfield and try out-Klopp Klopp, it would've been idiotic.

The irony in this coming from Howard Webb.
Under unfair and significant pressure, it seems Anthony Taylor was excellent.Of course nobody will speak about him because he didn't mess up

Anthony Taylor is an Altrincham fan as much as I'm an Evertonian.

How did you think he did? I thought he did pretty well under the circumstances, but was very card shy and then all of a sudden showed a few light ones to first time offenders.

How did you think he did? I thought he did pretty well under the circumstances, but was very card shy and then all of a sudden showed a few light ones to first time offenders.

He let some horrid challenges go. He started by not booking Rashford early and lost control from there. Ibrahimovic went through a 5 minute spell of a lesson in just how many different offences you can do without getting a card.

The man should NEVER of been placed in charge of that game.

You've gone up in my estimations sir. In this current moment of time, if we were to go to Anfield and try out-Klopp Klopp, it would've been idiotic.
You tried that against City and lost. Mourinho said it best losing the game would've meant further distance from your rivals. Going toe to toe with us would've been mad your best bet was to play for the draw. Was it nice to watch, **** no but it is what it is.

He let some horrid challenges go. He started by not booking Rashford early and lost control from there. Ibrahimovic went through a 5 minute spell of a lesson in just how many different offences you can do without getting a card.

Then he got trigger happy with his cards towards the end. Meh 5/10 for me.

The lowest ever possession United have ever had in a Premiership game?

Really? Wow. That's impressive going even for him.

How did we dominate possession to such an extent when we had complete off days from one to eleven? We could barely string two passes together or control a ball for most the night.

Last edited:

Yeah Rashford went in hard that time on Milner, probably let it go because of how early it was (don't know why, but refs do it a lot) I agree Ibra was lucky not to get a booking earlier, Henderson should've been booked for mauling down Herrera just a minute or two after Bailly got a rather light yellow for pretty much a similar offence.

But other than that, no bias shown from him, no big decisions to make (penalties) so was a pretty uneventful game for him, as it was for us.

Interesting definition of 'no bias' shown but it is what it is.

At least he wasn't Webb biased to cost us the game so there is that I suppose.

It says a lot that United are congratulating themselves on parking the bus against us successfully - and without a couple of top class saves, it may not have been enough. It says even more that they're right to do so because as of this moment, we are the better team. They did what they set out to do and did it well.

Looking forward to playing them at Old Trafford, because surely Mourinho won't be able to get away with 6 at the back at home.

The lowest ever possession United have ever had in a Premiership game?

Really? Wow. That's impressive going even for him.

How did we dominate possession to such an extent when we had complete off days from one to eleven? We could barely string two passes together or control a ball for most the night.

United were pressing in the middle zone. That's where you couldn't string passes together. Happy to let you have it in the lower third playing it around your defence. It is in fact, what sides did to us last season. Essentially lots of useless possession

Bullshit. When United were good they were very good. They'd play **** and still nick the three points against us.

Incorrect. Our Anfield record is poor. Our Old Trafford record against Liverpool however is very good.

Back