The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Expecting you to win this. Our u23s are pretty poor TBH. Except from Tuanzebe and Poole. Willock and Harrop are good, but not going to score the goals we need as we have no STR. Great to see Olesunde, Tanner, Kehinde from the u18s get in the squad. Olesunde is talented out of the 3 Kehinde is a good player, reminds me a bit of Larnel Cole. Tanner is a solid player won't make it at Utd but defo will have a good career at Championship maybe lower team Prem.

Meh, results mean little at this level. Just aesthetically nice and nice for the boys playing.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is one to watch. Adapted fantastically to RB this year whether he's played the U-18's or U-23's. Naturally a classy ball playing midfielder, where he'll end up I feel, which like Milner fits perfectly at FB for ourselves as he's a natural football comfortable on the ball. If Clyne went down, I wouldn't be too perturbed at all if he came in. Real high on him. Ejaria, who came from Arsenal a couple of years back, is really flourishing this year and knocking on the first team match day squad door. And Harry Wilson the left, the youngest ever Welsh cap, has bounced back from a horrible injury hit season to be really pushing. Along with the 2 year younger Ben Woodburn on the bench, Wales have two terrifically developing wingers for the International stage going forward.

Then there's Danny Ings who's been in great form showing a brilliant attitude and Marco Grujic who is straight out of the mould of Pogba. That kids going to special and still eligible for the U-18's. People forget that with him captaining Red Star to the title last year.

Along with everything else, the whole youth structure has changed and been invigorated under Klopp. With the kids now seeing a real path to a first team chance if they put everything in everyday. Something like 16/ 17 debuts he's given this far in a year and his whole ethos encompasses our own hungry kids over just buying for the sake of it so the opportunity are there to push for a squad place going forward with the return of European footie next year.

Making both age levels real competitive for places.

United to tonight and then a top two Merseyside derby clash the weekend is a brilliant U-23 week.

Hopefully a better watch then last nights senior snooze-fest.

Meh, results mean little at this level. Just aesthetically nice and nice for the boys playing.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is one to watch. Adapted fantastically to RB this year whether he's played the U-18's or U-23's. Naturally a classy ball playing midfielder, where he'll end up I feel, which like Milner fits perfectly at FB for ourselves as he's a natural football comfortable on the ball. If Clyne went down, I wouldn't be too perturbed at all if he came in. Real high on him. Ejaria, who came from Arsenal a couple of years back, is really flourishing this year and knocking on the first team match day squad door. And Harry Wilson the left, the youngest ever Welsh cap, has bounced back from a horrible injury hit season to be really pushing. Along with the 2 year younger Ben Woodburn on the bench, Wales have two terrifically developing wingers for the International stage going forward.

Then there's Danny Ings who's been in great form showing a brilliant attitude and Marco Grujic who is straight out of the mould of Pogba. That kids going to special and still eligible for the U-18's. People forget that with him captaining Red Star to the title last year.

Along with everything else, the whole youth structure has changed and been invigorated under Klopp. With the kids now seeing a real path to a first team chance if they put everything in everyday. Something like 16/ 17 debuts he's given this far in a year and his whole ethos encompasses our own hungry kids over just buying for the sake of it so the opportunity are there to push for a squad place going forward with the return of European footie next year.

Making both age levels real competitive for places.

United to tonight and then a top two Merseyside derby clash the weekend is a brilliant U-23 week.

Hopefully a better watch then last nights senior snooze-fest.
That's why kids are leaving City and Chelsea to other teams, no clear path to the first team. Which is important for young players and of course good coaching. I agree results mean nothing at this level imo. Shame we have written off the u23s for this season as our restructuring has happened at all levels under u23 level. At least it's good players from the u18s are getting rewarded with places in the u23s this season, even despite being 16-17 years old. Very excited with our teams under the u23 squad.

I am shocked at some of the ratings the Liverpool players have. 13/14 acc/pace for Sturridge, and 10/10 for lallana!

I am shocked at some of the ratings the Liverpool players have. 13/14 acc/pace for Sturridge, and 10/10 for lallana!

Screenshot pls (change view mode to show stats rather than their player values and so)

f070489dac252e676f53625efe7f3653.jpg

Serves to remind us again, as if we needed reminded, just how fortunate we are to have the German. You couldn't imagine paying to be bored shitless watching football like that just to get the result again now could yer? SO much more enjoyable going everywhere to win. Even if you get twatted, so be it. At least it's entertaining.

He's ok. Bit of whiplash after running into one of our players.

Really enjoyable game that unlike the shiftiest last night. Typical L'pool- Utd. L'pool dominate with all the chances but fail to take them and end up failing to win. Whatever the level nottin' changes.

Impressed with the Utd #6, and Tuanzebe. Very good performance from the 'keeper Johnstone too.

Good, competitive game of football to watch.

Last edited:
Really enjoyable game that unlike the shiftiest last night. Typical L'pool- Utd. L'pool dominate with all the chances but fail to take them and end up failing to win. Whatever the level nottin' changes.

Impressed with the Utd #6, and Tuanzebe. Very good performance from the 'keeper Johnstone too.

Good, competitive game of football watch.
Yeah enjoyed it. Good game typical Derby ;) Wilson looks a player, Grujic looks class even though little disappointing tonight. Tuanzebe always class never see him have a bad game. Johnstone will be our number 2 next season.

Good, competitive game of football to watch.
42c70f6330bf600aa6b9c5699fe70ce5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Just seen the Ibrahimovic 'miss' (if you can even call it that. Went in line with the shocking game he had. Wonder when people start questioning his poor play now Rooney's not there to scapegoat?); and it just struck me how different your perception of something can be. From the opposite end of the ground, lads around me were screaming blue murder at Karius for not coming off his line. And I was shaking my head in agreement. When you see it back, he does exactly the right thing. Never getting to that cross. Sets himself big covering the near post ready for anything back across him at goal.

Not quite getting this criticism of Karius. Yeah, he had the shaky moment playing out from the back straight to Pogba, and the one into touch in injury time. But overall I thought he was solid last night. And he starts our play off far better than Mingolet ever has with his feet playing out. Which is the way the manager wants to play. And, although it wasn't in too much evidence last night, he pushes the line up by nature of his high starting position. Again something Mingolet never added. It's a funny one to really judge as he's not had a single shot to save in 4 games. Has only let 2 in. Neither down to him. And has been mixed on croses. Which have never been Mingolet's strong point. And he's just kept, however disinterested United were in our attacking third, L'pool's first clean sheet of the season.

All this talk of 'bring Mingolet back in' is beyond asinine. We know Mingolet's ceiling after three years. And it's not very high to say the least. We don't know Karius. And we aren't going to find out unless he continues to play. The two best goalkeepers I've ever seen in red (The very best Ray Clemence excepted. But I was both too young and only got the back end so I'd just be going off tape) are Brucie Grobbelaar and Pepe Reina. And both looked dodgy as **** the first year or so before they both developed into World class goalies. Will Karius follow a similar path? I have no idea. But if he does ultimately make a few ricks early as he learns about the English game and his new surroundings (No damola. Youth team football in England is a WORLDS away from the PL level so that doesn't count), then let him and just ride it out instead of calling for the other one we know is an continued accident waiting to happen to be back in goal.

Without playing consistently from now on in we'll not know just how good or not the good looking German SOB will become.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, if United beat Liverpool on Monday night, or at least put in a big performance and got the draw, would that put the "United are afraid of Anfield under the lights" theory to bed? .....

Interesting (if not surprising) to hear a few different hard core every game United lads on here #61350 saying the Europa League game at Anfield is the best atmosphere they've ever experienced and had that United side bricking it.

Just thought I'd add as per our conversation the other day on the subject. :P.

Terrific atmosphere no doubt. The best atmosphere I personally ever experienced from an opposition in an away game was Celtic away in the CL a decade back, fans were hostile to say the least but the place was bouncing, although my uncle in law said Galatasaray back in the 90's will go down forever as the most electric he's been amongst.

Never had the pleasure of going to Anfield.

On the plus side, few of us are heading to watch us hopefully put a dampener on RVP's return;

mytickets.PNG

Last edited:
Terrific atmosphere no doubt. The best atmosphere I personally ever experienced from an opposition in an away game was Celtic away in the CL a decade back, fans were hostile to say the least but the place was bouncing, although my uncle in law said Galatasaray back in the 90's will go down forever as the most electric he's been amongst.

Never had the pleasure of going to Anfield.

I think I'd agree with Istanbul as the best foreign atmosphere I've experienced. But Besiktas at their old ground. That was utterly mad. Flares, fireworks, pyro, non stop singing. They were literally bouncing for 90 minutes. And a bit hairy outside. Which is unusual for us in Istanbul as we normally have brilliant trips there. We're Galatasary's English team and they love us so they've always been great occasions. Olympiacos at their new ground in Pireus was similar mad and brilliant. Genoa sticks out too first season back after the ban.

Most places in Spain would be up there too. Atletico Madrid and Valencia especially. Conversely, Real and Barcelona are pitiful. You won't find a quieter collection of 100K people in one place than those in the Nom Camp.

Dortmund has always disappointed me too. Going back again last year I was expecting better as the first time was pre-Klopp and he'd really invigorated those fans again to this great reputation with the 'Yellow Wall.' Whether his return played a part with them not knowing what to do/ just being in ecstatic awe at his return I don't know. But it was very bland to say the least in the ground.

Last edited:
Back