The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
..... On the plus side, few of us are heading to watch us hopefully put a dampener on RVP's return; .....

Nice one. Enjoy the game.

Rather envious of the return game at Fenerbache's renovated ground as that would give me the complete set of Istanbul teams. Only be Besiktas new stadium to then go to complete the set of old and new Istanbul grounds.

Utd fans and their problems in Istanbul wouldn't share that envy like on the other hand as the next one to try come back alive from in the hooly group of ****.

Can anybody translate this into English for me?

United fans have had issues in Istanbul with the fans of teams there and Scouse would not like to be hated like that by there fans, on the other hand yada yada yada group of death.

Was I able to scrape a pass in Scouse to English?

Serves to remind us again, as if we needed reminded, just how fortunate we are to have the German. You couldn't imagine paying to be bored shitless watching football like that just to get the result again now could yer? SO much more enjoyable going everywhere to win. Even if you get twatted, so be it. At least it's entertaining.

I know what you're saying, but Mourinho sides can play good football when he wants them to. Like against Stoke we created a **** ton of chances more than we ever did and looked like scoring under Moyes/LvG.

At the end of the day Mourinho sets up his team for the occassion. Whether it will be similar for Chelsea in our next game we shall see. I hope not as I really think they are vulnerable and I don't rate them much this season.

Your fast start and fiery atmosphere was deflated very quickly by our gameplan, that in itself is an achievement at Anfield.

I know what you're saying, but Mourinho sides can play good football when he wants them to. Like against Stoke we created a **** ton of chances more than we ever did and looked like scoring under Moyes/LvG.

At the end of the day Mourinho sets up his team for the occassion. Whether it will be similar for Chelsea in our next game we shall see. I hope not as I really think they are vulnerable and I don't rate them much this season.

Your fast start and fiery atmosphere was deflated very quickly by our gameplan, that in itself is an achievement at Anfield.

Very rarely since his first time at Chelsea has that happened. Even his second go-around that has been construed on here he was still the same against any big side.

Maybe he adapts under the weight of being the United manager. But his MO, often even at home, is to sit deep and compact and hit the break. I'll be shocked if he goes to Chelsea any different than he did Anfield. He won't want to lose that game for personal reasons and he can't afford to let the gap increase above you. It's just what he does and what you need to get used to. Like Rafa, it doesn't take much for him to revert back to his base idea. It get's results but I'd ultimately hate him as my clubs manager to have to sit through it to get there. The same way I become totally apathetic to going the game under Benitez the vast majority of the time. You go the match you want that release and to be entertained. Too many managers in the result orientated at all cost game of today fail to understand that.

Like I say, maybe the weight of expectation at United in the attacking style that's expected will force him to open up more but I wouldn't bank on it consistently. Certainly not against the top sides.

He's been interesting all round thus far. Very quiet and reserved for Jose. But I'm mind to remember a Sid Lowe interview the summer when he said he's been like this now his last three clubs. On his best behaviour the first 6 months or so. And then there's always been something that triggers him to become the nasty, gnarly **** he's turned into that ultimately has cost him his last three jobs.

The risk you've taken on.

*Edit* That's not to say that style of football isn't warranted. Whether I or anyone else appreciates it, all different styles and tactics are more than valid. I'm just not into being bored shitless for90 minutes to get a result personally.

Last edited:
42c70f6330bf600aa6b9c5699fe70ce5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

I have NOTTIN' on the expert. Step forward J. Mourinho Esq.

This is him today (supposedly) previewing Fenerbache Thursday .....

“We didn’t get the result we wanted. We wanted to win and we just got a point, so we were not 100 per cent successful

I think you are very unfair with Liverpool, because Liverpool had a fantastic defensive performance

For the first time they played with two defensive midfielders, for the first time the played with Henderson and Can together. For the first time they took a striker off to play another midfield player.

You are very unfair with them because that 0-0 result was because two teams were really good defensively.”

Yup. But the major difference being as much as Pulis is a poor mans Mourinho in many ways, because he is he doesn't have a 'keeper of de Gea's quality or defenders/ DM's of Utd's quality. Johnny Evans being suspended is one less ale house cart horse to worry about too. (Who's apparently been playing FB. Is Pulis going for the whole back four over 7' tall or some ****?).

Like any game, to state the obvious, first goal is crucial. It comes early, it could well be a Hull stroll. It doesn't, then we need patience as a crowd.

Last edited:
Yup. But the major difference being as much as Pulis is a poor mans Mourinho in many ways, because he is he doesn't have a 'keeper of De Gea's quality or defenders of Utd's quality. Johnny Evans being suspended is one less ale house cart horse to worry about too. (Who's apparently been playing FB. Is Pulis going for the whole back four over 7' tall or some ****?).

Like any game, to state the obvious, first goal is crucial. It comes early, it could well be a Hull stroll. It doesn't, then it we need patience as a crowd.

I did this on FM16 for no particular reason at all. Two 6 foot 6 central defenders and 6 foot 5 left/right back

I did this on FM16 for no particular reason at all. Two 6 foot 6 central defenders and 6 foot 5 left/right back

Do you also play with nine behind the ball in a block so deep its almost in the next town over, kicking anything that moves whilst launching it long to your lone, big striker hoping to win a free kick to pile your team of giants forward as thats your ONLY idea of football no matter what side you're playing?

Excellent way to go off the match.

Well done Bournemouth. **** knows how Sissoko didn't walk for the clear elbow. Ridiculous how the officials all missed that when they're all so close and looking at it. He's SURELY gonna' be done retrospectively?

Guaranteed top 2 tonight with a win. Hopefully Middlesbrough can upset Arsenal this avvi to send us clear top

2/3-0 today. Might be later on goals like but for the first time in a LONG time not worried about Pulisian anti-football at all. We comfortably came through that Monday night and Ben Foster aint' no David de Gea to save the game. About time we put our record against that archaic dinosaur right.

Up the 8th Wonder of the World Reds!

Excellent way to go off the match.

Well done Bournemouth. **** knows how Sissoko didn't walk for the clear elbow. Ridiculous how the officials all missed that when they're all so close and looking at it. He's SURELY gonna' be done retrospectively?

Guaranteed top 2 tonight with a win. Hopefully Middlesbrough can upset Arsenal this avvi to send us clear top

2/3-0 today. Might be later on goals like but for the first time in a LONG time not worried about Pulisian anti-football at all. We comfortably came through that Monday night and Ben Foster aint' no David de Gea to save the game. About time we put our record against that archaic dinosaur right.

Up the 8th Wonder of the World Reds!

How did you comfortably come through it when you predicted a 3/4-0 smashing and you only got a draw? Just wondering. If you fail to break down Pulis's men and you only get a draw, will that be just as comfortable?

Shame we couldnt hold on to go top, but a win is a win. Can see that being our season though. Close, but just let ourselves down

We should have won that game by 4 goals or more. Set pieces once again a real concern, although the goal they scored was a tad fortunate. Meh 3 points is all that matters.

Last edited:
How did you comfortably come through it when you predicted a 3/4-0 smashing and you only got a draw? Just wondering. If you fail to break down Pulis's men and you only get a draw, will that be just as comfortable?

They set up just like you're lot did but fortunately Yacob aint no Ander Herrera.

Back