The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
How did you comfortably come through it when you predicted a 3/4-0 smashing and you only got a draw? Just wondering. If you fail to break down Pulis's men and you only get a draw, will that be just as comfortable?

*3-0, but who's keeping count of what's actually said .....

I thought the post was perfectly clear. But lets simplfy. It was abundantly clear from about 25/30 minutes in Monday that as poor as L'pool were, we weren't losing the game. In part down to Mourinho being more defensive and uninterested in anything to do with the last quarter of the pitch comprising our goal than even Pulis today (quite impressive shithousery it has to be said considering the massive difference in quality and money spent on their respective teams), you were no bother to us at all save for one non-event header back across goal from Ibrahimovic troubling nobody. And as off as we were, we still should and probably would of won if you'd not had the brilliance of de Gea in nets. So to all intents and purposes, as ***** a spectacle as it was, it was a wholly comfortable evening for L'pool. Ergo the earlier comparison to today. We were playing another manager with as limited an outlook but who didn't have the quality of player at his disposal to carry that out for 90 minutes and to save him the game.

Right, now that's cleared up, onto today .....

Another fantastic performance from the boys in Red. Imperative they won after the other slip ups and they coasted through. Made slightly nervy by West Brom's wholly undeserved goal for a 5 minute or so period but **** happens. That's football. The fact that was their only shot on target speaks volumes to the way the defence is growing the more they play together. Matip was absolutely outstanding again. Composure personified with an exquisite touch. It's like watching Hyppiä and Henchoz back together again. For Sami read the cool, composed, ball playing Matip carrying it forward balanced by the hard nosed defending of Henchoz/ Lovren who was a physical rock again. Shame we conceded like. More so for Karius than anything who looked a lot more confident coming off his line. No blame on him on anything that's gone past him thus far. Thought Can was a million times better than Monday. Klopp's obviously worked the **** off him this week as he had a MUCH better understanding of his new 8 role and his fitness was up another notch. His shooting still needs work like haha. Be interesting to see if he stays the side but for me he'd be the first reserve to cover Adam and Wijnaldum. Lallana showed everything that was missing against Utd. Class personified playing off the half turn going forward as always all game. I'd probably give Firmino the MOTM as most everything great we do stems from him. But Phil would be a close second. THAT dummy in the lead up to the great team goal for Mané. *Drooling. And then a superb cut inside, sending two defenders the wrong way, and finish to wrap it up. Talking about drooling ..... Milner's superb 70 yard first time ball to set Phil clear for what should of been another but for a brilliant last ditch block on Can's finish .....

Could of been 6 or 7 but for more luck but the game was over and done at 2-0 to all intents and purposes.

Oh, and you think I dislike the antwacky ale house **** Pulls ..... You should of heard the West Brom fans! Slamming his tedium in the pub before the game, as he doesn't change even when they're playing utter ***** like Sunderland. (Why this would be a surprise to them after he's had a career being like this heck only knows ?). Then singing about having a shot and how ***** Pulis' brand of football is during the game! LOL.

Joint top the league at nigh on the end of the first quarter of the season having played by far the hardest schedule of anyone. And now putting away teams and winning games everyone still expects L'pool to f-up in. Things are rolling along just about perfectly.

Bring on Tottenham. Can it be tomorrow so we can watch these boys again?

Up the Pulisian anti-football spanking Reds!

Last edited:
I almost forgot this with the site being down earlier .....

There was no Ejaria, Grujić, Ings, Stewart or Trent A-A the U-23's the big mini-derby today. (All training with the first team group at Melwood.).

Wonder if some of them will be involved the 18 against 'Spurs? We know Pochetino's gonna' make changes. Maybe that allows Jürgen to make one or two?

The U-23's beat the table topping Blues 2-0 (Brooks Lennon and the captain Wilson) BTW to move within a game of them in second in another very enjoyable, competitive watch.

Should shut up the blues from spouting about their 'great youth' for this week at least. Which probably means little to you but makes me happy. :)

Sorry love him as a player but he should be left in the past. The guy has way too much influence within the club and would I feel be a big distraction.

Don't see it.

Had it been Rodgers I could. But he's not over shadowing Klopp.

Don't see it.

Had it been Rodgers I could. But he's not over shadowing Klopp.
Not Klopp the club in general. When you have someone as big as Gerrard return its going to cause disruption. I mean were talking about someone who had influence over what managers we had along with signings. This is a new era, say thank you and move on.

I personally don't see how him being a Kirkby learning his trade as a coach can be a distraction. The media can do what they want ut it's not effecting Klopp or the first team players under him. And surely he'd be great5 the academy for the young kids.

And let's not give his 'influence' more credit than it had. Managers? If he played a part in appointing either Hodgson or Rodgers he wants to give his head a serious wobble! He and his teammates certainly played a part in Hodgson in particular going by completely stopping playing for him granted. But that's a symptom across football today of just how much power the players hold sadly.

Do you also play with nine behind the ball in a block so deep its almost in the next town over, kicking anything that moves whilst launching it long to your lone, big striker hoping to win a free kick to pile your team of giants forward as thats your ONLY idea of football no matter what side you're playing?

No but it sounds a good plan for FM17 cheers Scouse

Ugh. Mingolet starting 'Spurs. Let’s see how his fragile mind reacts in a game now he’s the clear #2. Hopefully he reacts well.

One more sleep and we get to watch these majestic Reds again take the next step on the road to (hopefully) a 9th League Cup.

It's like being a kid again all over. I would say I'm getting too old for this ****. But with these Reds, I really aren't. :D.

Another superb night out with Jürgens Reds.

I'll NEVER understand the attitude that the League Cup ISN'T important. Absolutely brilliant night that I invested just as much passion through as I did Sat'day the league against West Brom. People that diminish a major trophy and a chance of silverware are beyond me and make me SERIOUSLY question just WHY they are a football 'fan' to begin with?

Thankfully, these Reds, and their manager, want to win everything going. And I'm just fine experiencing that ride with them.

Tonight was the perfect game/ scenario at the perfect time. With Pochetino making it well known three weeks back he was putting out a second string, it allowed us for probably the only time this year outside of lower league opponents the FA Cup early rounds to make changes. And make changes he did. 11 of them from West Brom. With still a very experienced side (people STILL want to tell us we have no quality depth?) sprinkled with some of the best Kirkby has to offer. And to a man they were absolutely superb in another game were it not for the opposition 'keeper L'pool would of recorded another 4 or 5 goal win. Kudos to Vorm who made two absolute Worldie stops among his many. The 15/20 minute spell the start the second half was one of the best we've produced all season, which is saying something for these special Reds; with some stunning, relentless attacking football. Sturridge and Origi absolutely superb. I just LOVED how Sturridge went to sort out Origi's cramp, notifying the bench then leading the applause for him going off. The selfish **** that he is like according to the media! Trent Alexander-Arnold showing just why he's so highly thought of and why there was no intention of buying a back-up for Clyne the summer in a superb debut. Ejaria with another very mature showing way beyond his 18 years. Grujić displaying his full repertoire of talents that had him such a highly sought after target across Europe. Lucas being a proper captain and leading by experienced example whilst helping every last one of them. Complete and utter disgrace the ******* ref. could give a peno for that. Kev Stewart as dependable as ever outside of a 10 minute spell before half time he pushed up too much and got caught. Even Alby Moreno and Mingolet having excellent games to their credit given the situation they've been relegated to. But Sturridge and Origi, complimented by Danny Ings when he came on, were a cut above anything the park. Brilliant to see Origi's back playing with confidence and finally looking like the Divock that ended last season. With Daniel Sturridge yet again reminding everyone that he's by far and away the best striker at the club and the best England has to offer by a Country mile. When he play's like that he's an absolute dream to watch. But frustratingly, he often doesn't and lacks that movement at pace which renders him nowhere near the fit for this team that Bobby Firmino is. A frustrating quandary he needs to adapt and sort out himself if he's to get more nights like tonight as the star performer.

Eleven changes, a change in formation to a 4-4-2 diamond, with a couple of top kids to boot, and not a drop off in the sparkling football that's been evident all season.

Roll on tomorrows draw and the next victims. Can it be Sat'day already and Palace?

Up the (yet another) League Cup Quarter Final hungry Reds!

Last edited:
Only real complaint is Moreno still being caught a mile out of position when Harrison had that late chance to equalise. Otherwise superb all around, Origi was sensational and all of the young guys impressed. So happy for Sturridge to bag a couple as well - like you said, we could have had 5 or 6 were it not for Vorm being in exceptional form once again

Only real complaint is Moreno still being caught a mile out of position when Harrison had that late chance to equalise. Otherwise superb all around, Origi was sensational and all of the young guys impressed. So happy for Sturridge to bag a couple as well - like you said, we could have had 5 or 6 were it not for Vorm being in exceptional form once again

There's something really, really special being built here mate right through the club. The pathway he's creating from the brilliant work going on at Kirkby through to Melwood was in full blown technicolour out there tonight against another major rival. Easily dealt with and dispatched.

By the growing game this has all the hallmarks of being a season for the ages.

Back