The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What a finish by N'gog doe. Never forget his goal against united and laughing my head off at seeing Reina sprint the whole pitch just to join in with the celebrations.

Be seeing you all at Anfield then!

Not looking forward to the noise they'll make! I'll be getting seats near the kop that's for sure!!

Pretty certain it'll be the Tuesday again being as Arsenal, Utd, Southampton and West Ham all play the prior Sunday whilst we play Saturday against Sunderland. So they all should have the Wednesday games with us and Hull/ Newcastle the Tuesday.

Should know by tomorrow for defo.

..... also Sacko can bully Moreno with pace. I think it will not be an easy game for you.

For all Moreno's faults, pace is not one of them. That's one of the key parts of his skill set and there's not many if any faster players around.

All the best trying to live with these Reds. All the best trying not to be totally goosed by the half hour mark with all the running trying to live with these Reds.

Last edited:
Pretty certain it'll be the Tuesday again being as Arsenal, Utd, Southampton and West Ham all play the prior Sunday whilst we play Saturday against Sunderland. So they all should have the Wednesday games with us and Hull/ Newcastle the Tuesday.

For all Moreno's faults, pace is not one of them. That's one of the key parts of his skill set and there's not many if any faster players around.

All the best trying to live with these Reds. All the best trying not to be totally goosed by the half hour mark with all the running trying to live with these Reds.

Given how we have been playing we sit to deep and try to be like Swanses of old, when we have met teams who press high we have hit trouble. Be interesting to see how Monk sets up but I expect you guys to comfortabley progress but it is the cup and you never know.

Can't wait mate. Haven't been to a game (in the seats like) since Villareal.

Can't wait mate. Haven't been to a game (in the seats like) since Villareal.

I'll bet. Must be so weird working in the ground every game and not being able to watch the match.

I'd be sacked first game for disappearing up the stand too much haha.

I'll bet. Must be so weird working in the ground every game and not being able to watch the match.

I'd be sacked first game for disappearing up the stand too much haha.

Haha the stewards let us catch the end of the game as well so it's okay like. We either have to stand there or grab an empty seat. Was hoping Spurs took us to ET so I could catch half an hour of footy!!

LA Galaxy won their first MLS Cup playoff game overnight so Stevie won't be retiring and coming home just yet.

Hopefully he get's three more games leading through to the final on December 10 and bows out a champion. The next game is October 30.

*Edit* 5 more games sorry. The next two rounds are two legged.

Last edited:
LA Galaxy won their first MLS Cup playoff game overnight so Stevie won't be retiring and coming home just yet.

Hopefully he get's three more games leading through to the final on December 10 and bows out a champion. The next game is October 30.

Slips over with the ball in the final for a Lampard Winner... :p

God. Now the aerial and physical threat of Palace are the latest 'massive test' for L'pool reading the weekend previews

Forget they've comfortably dealt with the arch exponents of that West Brom last weekend, Ibrahimovic for Utd the game before, Diego Costa et all. Forget they've easily dispatched Hull and West Brom, and come back to win at Swansea. All games like Palace they're 'supposed' to lose. ****, forget they are currently on a run of 8 wins and 2 draws from their last 10 games with 26 scored and only 7 conceded. With non conceded from open play the last 6 games to be ******** it at Benteke's threat.

Just blunder on blindly talking about 'the next big test' for L'pool.

It's nice to have them so fearful they're scrambling about any negative they can to write I guess.

God. Now the aerial and physical threat of Palace are the latest 'massive test' for L'pool reading the weekend previews

Forget they've comfortably dealt with the arch exponents of that West Brom last weekend, Ibrahimovic for Utd the game before.

To be fair though, you didn't have to deal with barely any aerial threat against United, had to wait until like the 80th minute for our only corner, and the only real cross off memory you didn't even deal with that - Ibra comfortably latched onto it irregardless of how miscued the header was.

That said, I do agree with what you're saying, the Media will never let something go, and if they have nothing to write about, they'll make something to write about.

He barely got a kick at Anfield. To be fair. Comfortable to defend against how he is now. But age reaches us all.

He barely got a kick at Anfield. To be fair. Comfortable to defend against how he is now. But age reaches us all.

That may of had something do with with his other 9 outfield team-mates being behind the ball for large parts?:D

Meh, his game was never about really about mobility, just his technical class, aerial presence, and super finishing (usually), but he's definitely in one of those spells... but if you're this type of player, you need support, you need runners, he's not going to run in behind defences causing them those sort of problems, so when his side are 'parking the bus', and he gets little to no support, of course he'll be comfortable to mark.

Anyway, enough of him... Liverpool thread ;)

Last edited:
Back