The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yea but if Liverpool are going to spend and if they make those 22 deals...what about Liverpools gelling? It might be the same situation we had at the start of the season? Im not saying you wont finish in top 4. I said i dont think you will. But it's possible.

There is still Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City....who will not make it? I think City will be even stronger next season..probably all those other teams too. And Tottenham might be trying too next season?

We have a much better spine to our team that you did when you got took over, so obviously less work has to be done in that aspect, especially since our front line is pretty much all done. We have a better stadium, with the proposal of a new one/improvement to current one, better sponsorships despite being 6th than you. And to be honest, if our away form picks up, you never know.

To be honest, re the race for top four next season, my gut, and I hope I am right, tells me that Spurs are done. I think they had a bit of a gamble on wages and transfers to get into the Champions League and wouldn't be surprised if they have gone from a profitably-run club to one incurring losses.

My prediction is that they will return to a side fighting for a top-8 finish next season. The only thing that I can see keeping them up in 4th or 5th will be to cash in on Bale and for 'Arry to get lucky with a transfer or two.

To be honest, re the race for top four next season, my gut, and I hope I am right, tells me that Spurs are done. I think they had a bit of a gamble on wages and transfers to get into the Champions League and wouldn't be surprised if they have gone from a profitably-run club to one incurring losses.

My prediction is that they will return to a side fighting for a top-8 finish next season. The only thing that I can see keeping them up in 4th or 5th will be to cash in on Bale and for 'Arry to get lucky with a transfer or two.

Well 'arry keeps saying: "if we dont qualify now we will come and try next year". Dunno if he believes it. But to me..when City get into the CL..i dont think anything will stop us from entering it every year. Spurs had their chance but they didin't improve the squad enough. Dunno really if Spurs are done. They might come back strong, who knows?

@Ride the Walrus...just wait and you will see what happens in summer. I think there will be announcments in the summer about things like sponsorship etc. To be honest..i think it will be huge deals, the owners have good business relationships..who wouldn't when you are that freaking rich. :D

I see City crashing out of CL the moment Sheikh's money well runs out. Honestly, Liverpool are part of the Big Four, we don't miss out on CL too long.

Sigh, he makes 100million in a day. I doubt he'll run out of money

Well 'arry keeps saying: "if we dont qualify now we will come and try next year". Dunno if he believes it. But to me..when City get into the CL..i dont think anything will stop us from entering it every year. Spurs had their chance but they didin't improve the squad enough. Dunno really if Spurs are done. They might come back strong, who knows?

@Ride the Walrus...just wait and you will see what happens in summer. I think there will be announcments in the summer about things like sponsorship etc. To be honest..i think it will be huge deals, the owners have good business relationships..who wouldn't when you are that freaking rich. :D

Fair point =P But eat our Warriors sponsorship :3

Your assertions smack of a certain arrogance.

Just remember: it's a funny old game - pride cometh before a fall - look before you leap & all that jazz. Watch out - M. Platini is coming to getcha ! :P

---------- Post added 27/04/2011 at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 26/04/2011 at 05:12 PM ----------

Guys - you can post again.

Don't know how long for though.

Last edited:
Madridista,stay on topic. This is a Liverpool thread,not City.

In other news:
King Kenny in line for a knighthood?
Reina eyes improvement for next season( strongest sign that hes staying)
Dimitri Payet coming in a rumoured £6.5M move
Were interested in Phil Jones from Blackburn for around £15M
Were keeping tabs on Joey Bartons contract situation.
Also theres a possible decision of a new stadium in the next 60 or so days as the board got an extention on planning permission for Stanley Park.
Thoughts on these topics?

King Kenny in line for a knighthood?

He should be knighted although I can't see it happening considering Bob Paisley wasn't even given one. Makes no difference to me although he certainly should be a sir.

Reina eyes improvement for next season( strongest sign that hes staying)

Hope to God he is staying, one of, if not the best in the World, great inspiration aswell.

Dimitri Payet coming in a rumoured £6.5M move

Meh, hardly seen him play.

Were interested in Phil Jones from Blackburn for around £15M

Yes please.

Were keeping tabs on Joey Bartons contract situation.

I like him, good footballer and he seems to have calmed down. I'd rather we signed more of a ball-winner though, Yann M'vila!

Also theres a possible decision of a new stadium in the next 60 or so days as the board got an extention on planning permission for Stanley Park.

Renovation/expansion of Anfield!

I agree with everything that Ben said especially about renovating Anfield. Even though the decision will be of stanley park,if we dont put in a proper stadium request it almost certainly means that we will be expanding. The main reason i want it to be expanded is because of the atmosphere there and a new stadium may not have the same buzz. Everybody remember when Arsenal moved to the Emirates. They struggled at home for the first season and it may not be a coincidence that the last trophy they won was also their final year at Highbury.
The knighthood is a possibility because its becoming more mainstream for people involved in sport to get knighted nowadays.

Kenneth and Damien Comolli were at Ewood Park Monday, so yeah; hopefully Phil Jones.

Steve et al;

Is anybody having any probs posting on this thread or ANY of the LFC-related threads ? At the mo it's a major victory just being able to read posts. I'm continually getting the'busy' message. Is the site about to implode or what ?

Pepe's making favourable noises but I won't be happy until he signs an extension.
Joey Barton ?!!! Oh Gawd nooooooooo ! The guy's a psycho-bomb wating to go off.
Never heard of Payet before we were linked. Is he any good ? I still remember Cheyrou (shudder).
Ideally we should recriut Brits when possible for defenders but the prices asked are usually brutal.
Redevelop the ground - it's cheaper than building from scratch.

Of course Kenny should be knighted but I can't see it happening - the Tories are slimey gits.

Last edited:
Steve et al;

Is anybody having any probs posting on this thread or ANY of the LFC-related threads ? At the mo it's a major victory just being able to read posts. I'm continually getting the'busy' message. Is the site about to implode or what ?

Of course Kenny should be knighted but I can't see it happening - the Tories are slimy gits.

Yeah,im having problems even looking at threads,keeps saying the servers are extremely busy and to try later. We probably just need a bit more server space to free up the congestion...

Tbh i dont know much about british politics but if he doesnt get one this year he should be recognised next year.

Yeah,im having problems even looking at threads,keeps saying the servers are extremely busy and to try later. We probably just need a bit more server space to free up the congestion...

Tbh i dont know much about british politics but if he doesnt get one this year he should be recognised next year.

The current government controls who gets honours & stuff. Merseyside has been a voting desert for them for ever. Don't think they're even aware of it's existence half the time. Oh well.....

Hope the server problem is addressed sooner rather than later.

Todays biggest news:
AC Milan are reportedly ready to meet Liverpool's asking price for want-away star Alberto Aquilani according to Italian reports.

The 26-year-old has been on a season-long loan spell at Juventus but the Turin outfit are unwilling to meet the player's valuation which has let in the San Siro side, who appear more than willing to splash the cash on the in-form midfielder.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish was apparently more than happy to welcome Alberto Aquilani back to Anfield but the former Roma man was keen to remain in Italy after a consistent season in Serie A helped to force him back into the international set-up.

Rafa Benitez purchased Aquilani for a fee of £20m, with significant portions of that fee dependent on meeting appearance goals that were not met, and a move back to Italy may be best for all parties. The return of Dalglish has led to a vast improvement from the likes of Lucas, Raul Meireles and Dirk Kuyt and this in turn has meant that Dalglish could afford to cash in on the Italian international.

Aquilani is thought to have been keen on making his temporary move to Juventus a permanent one but will surely be very interested in a move to AC Milan, who are closing in on their first Serie A title in seven years. Liverpool will then in turn look to use funds made from the sale to continue their squad re-building having already brought in the likes of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll in January.

Taken from LFC website. Source is caught offside so isnt that reliable. Really hope this is true as it would be great to recoup £15M for him :D

Caught Offside should be renamed 'Utter Bol****s'. I just read it if I need a lol. According to them we'll be getting at least 25 new signings in this summer. The scatter-gun 'reporting' is just criminal. Watch out for the virus attacks too.

I reckon FSG would bite anyone's hand off if they offered £15M for the Aquaman. I Hope they stick out for his market value; it would be a gamble if he were to return but hopefully not a complete disaster - if anyone can motivate a player it's KK.

On an unrelated topic, has anyone worked out how many times we've played a normal kick-off time on a Saturday this season ? A mere handful I'm thinking - the price of being LFC I suppose. Monday games are the worst - having to wait while all the rivals are playing; it just magnifies the personal depression/elation & is not good for the promotion of a healthy state of mind. Hopefully we can continue our excellent current form & go postal on the Bar codes.

Yeah i didnt think too much about it but heres for hoping :D

Anyway in todays news:

Liverpool have already started putting their squad together for next season's Premier League title challenge with the signing of Sylvain Marveaux.

Full article here:
Marveaux agrees to Liverpool move - Liverpool FC

hopefully he doesn't get another serious injury, he is a good player

Yeah fingers crossed. I think a 4 year contract is a bit of a risk when he has had trouble with injuries. But fingers crossed he can recapture his form from the last 3 seasons :)

On an unrelated topic, has anyone worked out how many times we've played a normal kick-off time on a Saturday this season ? A mere handful I'm thinking - the price of being LFC I suppose.

Solely because of playing on Thursday nights in the Europa League mate.

well, back up player only if true. But i despise bosmans, and especially french ones. They fail here.

Back