The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Could now well see a scenario where Ings is ultimately sold. By the time he's (hopefully) back to full fitness, Klopp will of been here two years and the team will have evolved even more. Without him having any real opportunity to look at Danny.

Seriously devoed for him.

It looks over, however don't rule him out. It wasn't the same knee that was injured. There's a chance that he could be quicker than he ever was before. Cruciate ligament injuries are quite bizarre in that sense. How unlucky he was to do his cruciate twice in a year. If he does a knee twice, his career is over. There's a chance you don't even recover from the first one!

It looks over, however don't rule him out. It wasn't the same knee that was injured. There's a chance that he could be quicker than he ever was before. Cruciate ligament injuries are quite bizarre in that sense. How unlucky he was to do his cruciate twice in a year. If he does a knee twice, his career is over. There's a chance you don't even recover from the first one!

Let's hope.

The guy certainly needs some good news to say the least.

Devo'd too lid. Just as he was pushing to be back the the first team squad. I like how you spelt that over how I did BTW. Not easy writing like we talk haha.

Leeds pricings out mate. Same as 'Spurs. Leeds have the whole Anny. Would expect the selling details the next day or so.

Haha I know mate. And yeah ticket info is out, I'll be able to buy them Monday. Should be a good'n! First game since Villareal.

Dispelling yet another 'myth' on L'pool's defence: Set pieces-

View attachment 122442

Thought we were the worst side EVER at defending these? .....

'F-ing mediots fooling oppo fans ..... Talking of, Shearer, the absolute ******* on MOTD, saying L'pool have license to do what they want in attack ..... ******** has absolutely NO concept of gengapressing (So?) and the supremely intricate brand of total football Klopp employs if he really doesn't understand the discipline of position needed from the whole team and they can just go where they want.

Dispelling yet another 'myth' on L'pool's defence: Set pieces-

View attachment 1083989

Thought we were the worst side EVER at defending these? .....

'F-ing mediots fooling oppo fans ..... Talking of, Shearer, the absolute ******* on MOTD, saying L'pool have license to do what they want in attack ..... ******** has absolutely NO concept of gengapressing (So?) and the supremely intricate brand of total football Klopp employs if he really doesn't understand the discipline of position needed from the whole team and they can just go where they want.
Thats because were to busy attacking but when there is a set piece against us it nearly always gives me a heart attack. It definitely is our achilles heel. Shearer is still a ******* though.

Not seeing it anywhere else mate but it would be if true. The no fun PL.

£terling telling Lineker on the BBC midweek progy he was making plans to leave L'pool before he even signed- Reds everywhere stunned- NOT!

Never fulfil his potential whilst he's with his that agent and ruled by one thing.

Just reading about that wage cap for youngsters. 40k a year is surely handicapping yourselves? When other clubs in the league will pay more for talent abroad per year and try persuading them to leave by offering your top talents a lot more.

I was listening to something on this the other day and it jogged my memory I never fully answered this. Apologies.

It's a real difficult one to balance up between not giving kids too much, too soon. And not losing out on top young talents in so doing. You always want the best possible players to go along with the best possible coaches. But that shouldn't come at the expense of sacrificing your values and there has to be a limit IMO.

It's inevitable you're going to lose out on some talents when the likes of Chelsea, City and Utd are prepared to pay far more in wages and agent fees for fear of losing out on that one potential gem. When unscrupulous agents are offering young kids 6 figure fees to sign with them and go to a particular club, I would imagine most parents who could never dream of earning that would be quickly swayed. Even if the move isn't in their boys best interest and is enticed by people who don't have their sons best interests at heart as they should. But personally speaking, I'd much rather take that chance of losing out on a talented kid and love the idea of the wage cap we've introduced at youth level.

The one thing you always need from young boys is the hunger and desire to come in and improve to hopefully go on to the best possible career they can. If I'm paying you a **** load of money before your first pro contract at the age of 16/17 or even younger in some cases, where do you go from there? Where's the incentive to push yourself for greater reward? L'pool have always rewarded their players superbly well. No less with kids coming through where contracts regularly get ripped up and bumped up the more they progress in the first team. Rewards come with development. And that's the key for me. You need the boys to have those values of hunger and desire to keep working hard and be enthusiastic to learn knowing that the rewards are there once they earn that first contract. Key word being 'EARN.' You EARN the right to those financial rewards with progression. Again, give a boy too much too soon, where does he go from there? Youth contracts have gotten WAY out of hand and it's refreshing to me L'pool, Tottenham and Stoke are making a stand.

What you hope going forward, from a L'pol POV, is parents and their children continue to realise that Liverpool FC has their kids best interests at heart and they trust the coaches and the stable, fair set up in place we have that there is a clear pathway to the first team and the rewards will come if they're good enough to make it through. And if not, they'll have an excellent grounding to go on with that hunger at a lower level to start their careers. One obvious thing I hadn't considered I was reminded of the other day is the stability in Klopp being here for at least the next 6 years and what that gives as a selling point. You know if you're 16 say, that if you continue to develop well, by the time you're 18/19, he's still here and he's shown he's completely behind promoting our own. Having that stable structure in quality coaches right down through the club and a clear pathway to the ultimate, coming through to represent L'pool at first team level hopefully will balance out the inevitable kids you do miss out on that chase the money elsewhere.

I'm fully behind it personally and hope more clubs follow suit. It ultimately comes down to the values and principles you have as a football club and what you want your players, at every level, to adhere to. And if that hunger and desire to represent and improve is negated by too much, too soon; then you're potentially in no better situation with the child regardless of talent.

It's a difficult balancing act but if the kids and their parents don't want to be here for the right reasons knowing the rewards will be plentiful down the line when they earn them, all the while getting the best possible upbringing with the boys best interests at heart; then I'm quite happy missing out on any potential super star.

Last edited:
******* ****, Everton don't even sell out on FIFA

CwVlHtUXgAAfox7.jpg:large

The appointment of a sporting director shows the Reds are back to doing things the ‘Liverpool way’ | JOE.co.uk

Seem's we're obviously splitting Ayre's roll in preparation for when he leaves. (Presume that ***** Hogan will be bumped to CEO now. Which will suit him still being able to live and work in London. Which is a disgrace in itself but is what it is.). Love the fact that not only does Edwards have a great relationship with Klopp, but we now have a definitive, PROPER football person working alongside him and there's now a definitive structure within the football club from Henry to Gordon/ Werner to Hogan to Klopp to Edwards, with the latter two being solely responsible for the football side/ acquisitions/ contracts. With the KEY, fundamental part of Klopp still having the final say over everything and Edwards in effect working for him.

After the complete carnage of Hicks and Gillett, and the early mistakes of FSG, it's great to finally have an efficient, professional organisation again with a proper football structure for the modern age.

Although I still have issues with FSG and their bollocks idea of fan relations, in most every other facet I could not be happier with the way the Liverpool Football Club is evolving by the passing day at most every level as it gets back to being one of the major players again.

Last edited:
Another major bonus with Citeh dropping points yet again they never should of for the third straight home game.

Watched the second half and based off that Middlesbrough fully deserved it but by all accounts City completely and utterly bossed the first half. 6 points dropped to Southampton, Everton and Middlesbrough at home in three successive games. Not too clever.

Now for Everton to hopefully add to another great Saturday. (And now I need to go bleach out my mouth for wanting that.).

Another major bonus with Citeh dropping points yet again they never should of for the third straight home game.

Watched the second half and based off that Middlesbrough fully deserved it but by all accounts City completely and utterly bossed the first half. 6 points dropped to Southampton, Everton and Middlesbrough at home in three successive games. Not too clever.

Now for Everton to hopefully add to another great Saturday. (And now I need to go bleach out my mouth for wanting that.).

Hangover from that awesome CL game against Barcelona. Teams always find it difficult to focus and grind out a win against a hard working mid-table club like Boro after all the buzz from winning a glamour European tie against a club like Barcelona.

TBH not surprised by City dropping more points and will continue to do so. I'm not saying he is a bad coach or anything, but I've always thought his style of playing football would struggle in the Prem due to teams being so defensive. He needs to come up with a plan b or different way of playing. If he continues like I said they will keep on dropping points.

Hangover from that awesome CL game against Barcelona. Teams always find it difficult to focus and grind out a win against a hard working mid-table club like Boro after all the buzz from winning a glamour European tie against a club like Barcelona.
Its more than that imo happening to often dropping points.

TBH not surprised by City dropping more points and will continue to do so. I'm not saying he is a bad coach or anything, but I've always thought his style of playing football would struggle in the Prem due to teams being so defensive. He needs to come up with a plan b or different way of playing. If he continues like I said they will keep on dropping points.

I think you're doing him a disservice considering he's changing the whole philosophy at City and that will take time. But one thing is definitely for sure. Pep is fast finding out this isn't La Liga and Barca or the Bundesliga and Munich where you get to coast for months at a time. (Although Germany does look more competitive for once this year.). EVERY game is a hard 90 minute battle and matters here.

Back