The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Another major bonus with Citeh dropping points yet again they never should of for the third straight home game.

Watched the second half and based off that Middlesbrough fully deserved it but by all accounts City completely and utterly bossed the first half. 6 points dropped to Southampton, Everton and Middlesbrough at home in three successive games. Not too clever.

Now for Everton to hopefully add to another great Saturday. (And now I need to go bleach out my mouth for wanting that.).
A draw will do just fine.

Everton getting smashed... Chelsea are really picking up pace. City top of the league until Chelsea have won their game. Safe to say that of the 3 new and hyped managers, Mourinho has drawn the short stick so far.

If Everton get an early goal anything can happen, but I wouldn't wager on it.

4-0 now, Hazard is on fire.

Last edited:
Everton getting smashed... Chelsea are really picking up pace. City top of the league until Chelsea have won their game. Safe to say that of the 3 new and hyped managers, Mourinho has drawn the short stick so far.

If Everton get an early goal anything can happen, but I wouldn't wager on it.

4-0 now, Hazard is on fire.

They've all get some real tough games coming up after the break through December. Where as we've already bounced through those early.

We can do some serious damage going into the mad January set of games.

Frigging ******* Blue I'm busy skitting on the end of this text ..... 'I hope we now lose 10 and hammer Chelsea's GD on you red ***** bastards!'

That right there encompasses Evertonian's red dominated view on life.

They've all get some real tough games coming up after the break through December. Where as we've already bounced through those early.

We can do some serious damage going into the mad January set of games.

True, but Everton isn't usually an easy game even at home, at least not 5-0 easy. They're really firing on all cylinders.

At least Arsenal and/or Spurs will drop points tomorrow, and with a win we'll go a point clear unless Arsenal win. But yeah, we got a good run of games going forward and hopefully we won't slip up too many times. It's gonna be a real run for the title this year.

I have to admit watching a rival demolished like this feels kind of nice.

I guess the only two questions tomorrow are whether Wijnaldum returns for Can and Milner for Moreno?

Can has been omitted from the German squad again so I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep his place for this one with Gini back after the break. And honestly, after Tottenham and Palace, I wouldn't be worried at all to see Alby Moreno at LB again. Which is a MASSIVE improvement and credit to him. Although I naturally expect Milner to slot straight back in.

Be interesting to see how Watford approach this. Mazzarri has been playing more of a 3-5-2 of late by all accounts. (Although they've apparently been real flexible through games at changing formations.). I'll be very surprised if we see that for the first time this year. Major risk to take at Anfield against this L'pool side. Always wary of arl Italian managers. If anyone can set a team up right it's them.

But I don't foresee much problems. Might take a while if they set up in a deep block. But we're showing that's no longer a problem so how you set up to stop these Reds I just don't know?

3-0 and a mighty strong position going into the (mercifully) last break until next year. Though if we start fast and get the early goal it could be another blamming.

Last edited:
For some reason my gut tells me Watford could get a result tomorrow, but wouldn't be surprised to see a standard blitz from Klopp's men at the same time.

Just typical. Stuck home with what must be flu feeling the way I'm aching and sweating, whilst L'pool go top the league.

3-0. Mighty Reds!

'L'POOL, TOP THE LEAGUE, L'POOL, L'POOL TOP THE LEAGUE!'

Keep working and playing your football Reds. This could be 6 or 7 at this rate.

[video=youtube;X8kMlxkTlbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kMlxkTlbQ[/video]

I need Watford to score for my accumulator, had Spurs/Arsenal draw, have Southampton & United to win, and Liverpool/Watford both teams to score.

What another stupendous half of football that could well be another 3 or 4 on top of the 3 they have scored.

These Reds, these by far the best team in the Country, table topping, Championship charging Reds, are ******* MUSTARD!

Same again second half please boys. REALLY hammer these.

Seriously, if there's a better front three anywhere in the World not called Barcelona than Mane and his two Brazilian mates I want to know of them.

Absolutely brilliant Reds. Keep it going.

Back