The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ok. Conspicuously missing for the U-23's tonight are Trent A-A, Marko Grujić , Kev Stewart, Ovie Ejaria and Ben Woodburn.

Don't take it that they'll defo be involved tomorrow as Klopp's had a habit of bumping different guys up to train with the first team on a regular basis but it's a good sign. Woodburn's really surprising me. Never thought we'd see him this year still so young. He might just be Michael Owen young impactful if he get's his chances this early.

View attachment 116933

Non-descript 0-0 but Joe Gomez got through another 90 minutes as he builds his fitness back up.

Last edited:
Personally I'd like to see Firmino out on the left in Coutinho's place and Sturridge or Origi up front. Good opportunity for both of them to get some more minutes

Is it bad that I couldn't sleep last night? Can't wait to be at my second home, watching the empty pitch before the game while Three Little Birds kicks in.

A kopites paradise differs from the regular.

Is it bad that I couldn't sleep last night? Can't wait to be at my second home, watching the empty pitch before the game while Three Little Birds kicks in.

A kopites paradise differs from the regular.

Wrap up warm mate.

If last night was any indiction it'll be baltic!

Last edited:
3ef9edd2034c63d6778d5694a7b86be2.jpg

Something's never change. Whatever the era. Whatever the manager. Leeds be a sly, dirty side. Ingrained in the club from Revie on and they revel in it.

Some of the nasty challenges aside (how was that NOT a peno on Wijmaldum BTW? Or hand ball just before it?), they didn't give a bad account of themselves. You always felt we had another couple of gears if needed. Trent by far the best player the park. Thought he was superb capped by a great ball for Divocks opener. Don't say we've not been telling yers about young Ben. That kid is a natural. Absolutely chuffed for him and he took it superbly.

Profesional, comfortable job with a few decent moments for Leeds thrown in for good measure. (The shot the lad webbed against the post was superb.).

Yet another semi. Job done.

Up the treble chasing Reds!

Last edited:
Woodburn's really surprising me. Never thought we'd see him this year still so young. He might just be Michael Owen young impactful if he get's his chances this early.

Any chance of this weeks Lottery numbers Scouse? :P

Chuffed for Ben to get off the mark and a solid performance and clean sheet to boot. Hopefully a positive few performances in the next few games keep us there abouts in the top of the table.

Next 5 league games leading upto the City game on New Years Eve...
Bournemouth (away)
West Ham (home)
Middlesbrough (away)
Everton (away)
Stoke (home)

Id happily take 4 wins and a draw from them games and on current form nothings impossible. That would leave us above City and that momentum could see us into the new year in a very good position.

Something's never change. Whatever the era. Whatever the manager. Leeds be a sly, dirty side. Ingrained in the club from Revie on and they revel in it.

Some of the nasty challenges aside (how was that NOT a peno on Wijmaldum BTW? Or hand ball just before it?), they didn't give a bad account of themselves. You always felt we had another couple of gears if needed. Trent by far the best player the park. Thought he was superb capped by a great ball for Divocks opener. Don't say we've not been telling yers about young Ben. That kid is a natural. Absolutely chuffed for him and he took it superbly.

Profesional, comfortable job with a few decent moments for Leeds thrown in for good measure. (The shot the lad webbed against the post was superb.).

Yet another semi. Job done.

Up the treble chasing Reds!

Dirty? Yet each team had a yellow a piece funny that. We are not a dirty side at all, that is bullshit, I watch us week in week out mate so don't base it on one performance. Its not ingrained in our club at all thats yet more bullshit, even before we got relelgated I would imagine our disciplinary record was no worse than the average team. But if you want to type horse **** like that crack on.

We gave a good account of ourselves, had a game plan and stuck to it. We did ourselves proud to say this was alot of fringe players in our 11.

I wouldn't say you looked like you had gears to go through at all first half you wasnt great and for the early part of the second half you wasnt much better till it clicked for you when you got the goal. What a goal btw, never like conceding but that was a good goal. The young lad must have practiced that in his garden many times.

We just didn't see enough of the ball, we let you keep it too easy at times everytime we got it to roofe or sako they had the beating of your full backs but we just didn't do it enough. We missed Hernandez tonight and Jannsens leadership, but the big game is saturday for us with Villa at home so we was always going to rest players.

Was a bit underwhelmed with anfield wasn't like back in the day at all, new stand is impressive but atmosphere from the home fans was lacking tonight. Was good whilst it lasted but ultimately the quality you have shone through, never know the way things are going and with this takeover could be a league match next year.

BTW, ******* embarrassing to see L'pool fans joining in/ applauding 'Stand up if you hate Man U' .....

That's complete wool behaviour and some serious rebuke was thrown the Kop for those that did.

Leeds do what Leeds do. That's their business. But L'pool fans don't be ******* knobheads by singing about Utd when we aren't playing them!

Wool behaviour.

Last edited:
Dirty? Yet each team had a yellow a piece funny that. We are not a dirty side at all, that is bullshit, I watch us week in week out mate so don't base it on one performance. Its not ingrained in our club at all thats yet more bullshit, even before we got relelgated I would imagine our disciplinary record was no worse than the average team. But if you want to type horse **** like that crack on......

Horse **** my ****. You left the foot in all night. The ref was letting everything go.

You've revelled in that for years.

Horse **** my ****. You left the foot in all night. The ref was letting everything go.

You've revelled in that for years.

Alright mate if you say so, funny how we only got one yellow card eh. It is horse ****, maybe when you take your red specs off we can talk like adults about it.

And its funny how we are second in the fair play league in the championship for such a dirty side who has revelled in it for years but what the **** do I know eh

Alright mate if you say so, funny how we only got one yellow card eh. It is horse ****, maybe when you take your red specs off we can talk like adults about it.

And its funny how we are second in the fair play league in the championship for such a dirty side who has revelled in it for years but what the **** do I know eh

How is it it's 'red specs' when it differs but not 'white specs' with your opinion?

If you're seriously trying to tell us that Leeds fans haven't revelled in that image right through since the '60's then it's a dead discussion.

There was some nasty challenges going in tonight you got away with. In between them you did give a good account of yourselves but it still doesn't detract from that. The ref was garbage. The push in the back on Wijnaldum for one couldn't of been a clearer penalty. Justifying it by him only handing out a yellow card apiece is **** poor justification.

Last edited:
How is it it's 'red specs' when it differs but not 'white specs' with your opinion?

If you're seriously trying to tell us that Leeds fans haven't revelled in that image right through since the '60's then it's a dead discussion.

So now you've gone from saying that my teams a dirty side and implying they revel in it. Then I prove you wrong and now its the fans who revel in it?

You just shouldn't have posted it, what an absolutely stupid thing to post. No one revels in it at all, but I'm sure you have some great anectdotal evidence that shows other wise. You're just talking **** and its about my club and its totally unwarranted and totally unnecessary.

Its a dead discussion because you keep moving the goal posts 1 minute its the team then its the fans so which is it?

So now you've gone from saying that my teams a dirty side and implying they revel in it. Then I prove you wrong and now its the fans who revel in it?

You just shouldn't have posted it, what an absolutely stupid thing to post. No one revels in it at all, but I'm sure you have some great anectdotal evidence that shows other wise. You're just talking **** and its about my club and its totally unwarranted and totally unnecessary.

Its a dead discussion because you keep moving the goal posts 1 minute its the team then its the fans so which is it?

You've proved me wrong by what? The fair play league? A ref not doing his job tonight?

Behave will yer. We've not moved on from anything. I said Leeds are still a dirty side that revel in it. Fans and club.

You've proved me wrong by what? The fair play league? A ref not doing his job tonight?

Behave will yer. We've not moved on from anything. I said Leeds are still a dirty side that revel in it. Fans and club.

Omg I can't actually believe what I am reading* but I am not actually surprised. You're everything that is wrong with this site when you talk absolute bollocks like that.

It's bollocks and you know it is.

You left the boot in on some ugly tackles tonight. But because the ref didn't pull you and only cautioned one Leeds player, that somehow admonishes all that? Got yer. Refs let things go ergo every things clean.

Good luck in the promotion push.

*Edit* Dito. Not surprised either. But you want to class it as absolute bollocks and claim you've disproved something in the lamest way feel free. Again good luck with the rest of your season.

Back