The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M

Just watched Leverkusen for the first time since 2005 out of pure curiosity on this kid. Very impressive 69 minutes. Like watching Mané in so far as he's so easy on the eye gliding over the park and constantly interchanging positions. Both attacking and defensively. (Kid likes a tackle.). Mainly on the right wing, but popped up a fair bit on the left and through the middle. Comfortable on either foot and a great dribbler on not the best pitch in Moscow. Very unselfish in playing others in when he could of gone on. Very good passer and crosser of the ball. Boundless energy and quick. Not Mané rapid (but then who is?), but no slouch either.

Need to see more of him but on that showing in the Champions League at such a young age he'd be a great addition for the future if Pulisic doesn't arrive.

Currently still on a German Champions League kick watching Dortmund and this is a mad game and then some. 5 goals in 25 minutes Some great ones. Some horrific 'keeping and defending.

3-2 Dortmund and Warsaw just hit the bar for what of been 3-3. And Dortmund go straight down the other end and go 4-2 up.

4-2 and we're only 29 minutes in! Madness but well fun.

*Edit* 5-2 32 minutes.

*Double Edit* Finished 8-4. And Dortmund hit the post second half to go along with some good saves so it could of been far more. Reus back for his first game in 6 months with a hatty. And the man I was watching Pulisic didn't score or assist one! But another very useful 90 minutes Champions League experience under his belt. And he contributed greatly to a great game.

Never thought I'd be sitting down to a Champions League record for goals scored in a match. Utterly mad. Utterly brilliant!

Last edited:
Currently still on a German Champions League kick watching Dortmund and this is a mad game and then some. 5 goals in 25 minutes Some great ones. Some horrific 'keeping and defending.

3-2 Dortmund and Warsaw just hit the bar for what of been 3-3. And Dortmund go straight down the other end and go 4-2 up.

4-2 and we're only 29 minutes in! Madness but well fun.

*Edit* 5-2 32 minutes.

just seen its 7-4 man alive

8-4 final score, new CL record!

And speaking of Brandt, I've seen him play and would love him at Liverpool

The Sturridge media bullshit-omiter just went up another notch.

Now he's going on loan to Southampton January with a view to a £25 million move the summer.

We should start a book on the next ridiculous club they're going to link him to next.

That Iranian kid we're big on just scored a great equaliser against Munich. (Rostov winning 2-1 now.).

[video=youtube;UH_Q8VtM144]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH_Q8VtM144[/video]

Liverpool U23s 4-0 Burnley - Joe Gomez makes comeback as Matty Virtue hits hat-trick - Liverpool Echo

England and L'pool's future at centre half, 'The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!' back with a full 90 minutes, an assist, and his usual cool *** composure in defence and on the ball after 13 long months in the U-23's 4-0 romp against Burnley.

Like he's never been away! It get's harder from here on out of course. Just absolutely boss to see him back playing competitive footie again.

View attachment 117420View attachment 117419View attachment 117418View attachment 117417

Last edited:
Not that we've any interest in the Southampton man, but Joe's why I wouldn't have van Dijk. And I rate van Dijk as good a centre half as there is the PL. But not to stand in the way of Gomez's progress.

Last edited:
^^^^^ The tributes the World over have been brilliant to read.

Can't wait for him to be officially confirmed back where he belongs.

Not that we've any interest in the Southampton man, but Joe's why I wouldn't have van Dijk. And I rate van Dijk as good a centre half as there is the PL. But not to stand in the way of Gomez's progress.
This. As good as Van Dijk is I would rather we saved ourselves the millions in transfer fee's and instead developed Joe gomez into a top class CB. Same with the Azmoun fella were linked with, He looks a good player but he also needs game time to develop and with Origi, Ojo and Woodburn etc... it seems like an unnecessary signing. I would rather we develop our own instead of deciding to spend money on positions were already stocked in.

..... I would rather we develop our own instead of deciding to spend money on positions were already stocked in.

Then Kloppo is the man for you my friend haha.

Loved a few weeks back when he said his ideal would be turn around the end of a window with no new signings as everyone had been developed from within.

Just thinking Sunderland last year was the monumental walk out that shook not just FSG but football in general and lead in massive part to the complete about turn on away ticket prices.

For all the great European nights, all the great domestic occasions, seeing the Championship handed over et all, that's the proudest I think I've ever been in the arl' stadium. Through one of the hardest decisions you'll ever take as a fan. Walking out on your team for the better good of fans everywhere.

But I guess it'd be impolite to not stay for the full game tomorrow like. :D.

It is one frigging brisk morning for a game of footie. -2 right now and dead misty.

But fully expecting the mighty Red Men to warm us up with another 5+ doing.

Up the going back top the league Reds!

****. That doesnt look good for Coutinho. Hope he isnt out for long.

Back