The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Am I missing something or did the Referee not say he heard what Suarez said?

I swear I read that the Ref heard it and had put it in his report. So unless the FA didn't take that into account, or I'm just missing something, it isn't just on Evra's word.

Im waiting to hear the full verdict from the FA (provided they release the full statement) before I cast my judgement.

All I do know is that a lot of the retarded Liverpool and United fans have shown their face (or I suppose not due to slight anonymity) on the internet as idiots and scum.

Also funny thing is all these days it was about cultural difference, now after the verdict it is "FA passed judgement on Evra's words". Unbelievable.

Im waiting to hear the full verdict from the FA (provided they release the full statement) before I cast my judgement.

All I do know is that a lot of the retarded Liverpool and United fans have shown their face (or I suppose not due to slight anonymity) on the internet as idiots and scum.

One of the saddest things about this is that it will seriously worsen relations between the clubs, can forsee future games being very very ugly

I'm not going to pass judgement on this yet either, but I will give food for thought. Suarez did or not use words that were extremely offensive. Words. He gets an 8 match ban. Any given player can go in two footed on a player, break opposition players legs, and get a three match ban maximum in most cases. That is all.

In India we follow Keep left when driving, if I go to US and stay there for say 3 years and then drive a car following Keep left I will be punished accordingly. If I give "I'm from India and we follow keep Left principle" I will be told to **** off, even if I say I'm driving for the first time in US.

You should be knowing what to and what not to say and that too when you have spent close to 5 years in Europe and almost a year in England.

In America you'd have had to pass their driving test, learning their driver's code. Learning the way it should operate.

In America you'd have had to pass their driving test, learning their driver's code. Learning the way it should operate.

You could drive without passing the test by paying hefty fine when you are caught, like in any country.

Car analogies? FML

Better than Frankie's murder analogy ;)

Point is simple, you need to know what to and what not to say, especially when it comes to racism. With this incident I wont be calling Suarez as racist as I believe he was just ignorant on what not say. But calling for Evra's head is taking it too far imo.

I'm just baffled by liverpool's behaviour on this. Definitely stand by your player, dont think any other club would act differently. But they have done so via misinformation and character assasination. and given how they are were on the end of such stuff re: hillsborough, you'd have thought they would have acted with much more dignity

I hope to god that Liverpool underestimate Wigan with their 'best defence in the league'. Exactly what Chelski did and Wigan should have got 3 points.

Kenny was watching Wigan at the DW and I bet he's looking to take advantage of Jones playing LWB.. Be ready for a surprise!

What I will say is that he gets a big 8 game ban for making a racist remark but people get 3 game bans for horrible potentially career ending tackles. I'm against racism in all walks of live and all but lets be honest they are using Suarez as a bit of a scapegoat to get rid of racism in one go as personally I see a potentially very dangerous tackle worse than a racist remark.

Also food for thought. If a Black person calls me a White **** does he get in trouble?

What I will say is that he gets a big 8 game ban for making a racist remark but people get 3 game bans for horrible potentially career ending tackles. I'm against racism in all walks of live and all but lets be honest they are using Suarez as a bit of a scapegoat to get rid of racism in one go as personally I see a potentially very dangerous tackle worse than a racist remark.

Also food for thought. If a Black person calls me a White **** does he get in trouble?

I would like to see rule looked at on tackles, but that doesnt mean he should get off lightly becuase other rules arent quite upto scratch. and it could have been worse, lesser charge of the two

I would like to see rule looked at on tackles, but that doesnt mean he should get off lightly becuase other rules arent quite upto scratch. and it could have been worse, lesser charge of the two

I just think its maybe 2 games to harsh for just a remark. obviously should be trebled for a repeat offender. mind you 3 game bans should be handed out for diving so I might just take it as an 3 game ban for diving and 5 for remark on top of that to give myself a false sense of optimism

I just think its maybe 2 games to harsh for just a remark. obviously should be trebled for a repeat offender. mind you 3 game bans should be handed out for diving so I might just take it as an 3 game ban for diving and 5 for remark on top of that to give myself a false sense of optimism

I did think it would be 6 games myself. Interested to see the full report. FA may be silly but even they arent gonna throw out 8 game bans on a whim

Those looking for evidence, Suarez has admitted to saying 'negrito' and the FA have decided the context in which it was used using body language experts. What more do you want?

At least Evra has been consistent in his story. Liverpool have gone from saying Evra is lying and Suarez did nothing, to Suarez did say something and it was cultural, now we're back to Evra is lying. Suarez admitted to what he said, south american linguistic experts ruled on the context and found him guilty, deal with it. Constantly changing your story is as much an admission of guilt as the verdict itself.

Back