The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well, to be honest, if you don't think he is a racist then I don't see how the FA can charge him! Crazy! Why would they go against someone that knows none of the facts, seems crazy to me!

I just think he used a word which he didnt know was racist in this country so its more of a mis-understanding to me. I hate the man but he is not a racist in my eyes.

I just think he used a word which he didnt know was racist in this country so its more of a mis-understanding to me. I hate the man but he is not a racist in my eyes.

H's been in England for about 9 months and Europe for over 5 years. He should know by now what words are acceptable and which are not. Its not an excuse.

Just because you aren't racist, it doesn't mean you can make a racist remark and get away with it.

Also Liverpool believe Evra only when it suit there agenda.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'.
It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

Its just a ridiculous decision, believe me, if substantial evidence came up then he deserves everything he gets, same with every player who is racially abusive to other professionals

Only problem is the FA are setting double standards and seem not one bit interested in doing anything about a much clearer case in Terry/Ferdinand.. where on Camera ' Black C**t' was clearly said

to me the FA have much such an awful decision because of the following reasons:

- Nobody heard the offence, No other players or officials.. and Only Evra himself claims 'racial abuse from Suarez took place'
- There is no video Evidence, Sound evidence. Nothing, they have gone on purely the word of Evra.
- Evra in his opening statement said ' I Believe Suarez is not a racist' something the FA agreed upon, yet they still sanction him.
- Suarez is from a mixed-race family himself including a black grandfather
- Evra twice before has put in claims of racial abuse and both been found to be lies
- Finally, the word in question ' Negrito' is a common word in south america and is used on Chocolate bars, Kids toys ETC, Some of the Uruguayan national team are called Monkeys and a former capatin was called ' The Black Boss'

the language barrier is completely different, surely the FA need to understand that

In my opinion with Blatter coming out saying Racism could be sorted with a handshake, Suarez was getting charged from day one.. Guilty or not guilty.. they needed to set an example and they couldnt do that with the England captain as it would look bad on them.

Thats the only thing i dis-agree with, the FA cant do anything because its a police matter. If the police find JT guilty then im sure the FA will then give out their punishement and maybe even the end of his playing carrer.

Words can be said in different ways, it's not only the meaning of the word, but how it is delivered. For example. If someone you knew came up to you and said 'Alright you ****', in a friendly jovial way, you would be fine with it. If someone random came up to you and said 'Alright you ****', in a threatening way, you would be less than fine with it. It depends how Suarez meant it, but at the end of the day, the FA wouldn't have taken this decision lightly, and they obviously haven't rushed it. They must have some hard proof they haven't released yet.

H's been in England for about 9 months and Europe for over 5 years. He should know by now what words are acceptable and which are not. Its not an excuse.

I think you can maybe questions his knowledge and willingness to learn in countrys what is right and wrong. Plus you try learn a whole new language and culture in 9months its not easy.

well that's ok then. If I think its ok to murder people then I should be allowed to murder people.

Not really because where is it ok to murder people???? The word he used it not a racist work in his country.

Words can be said in different ways, it's not only the meaning of the word, but how it is delivered. For example. If someone you knew came up to you and said 'Alright you ****', in a friendly jovial way, you would be fine with it. If someone random came up to you and said 'Alright you ****', in a threatening way, you would be less than fine with it. It depends how Suarez meant it, but at the end of the day, the FA wouldn't have taken this decision lightly, and they obviously haven't rushed it. They must have some hard proof they haven't released yet.

They brought in language experts that how much care they took with it.

I think you can maybe questions his knowledge and willingness to learn in countrys what is right and wrong. Plus you try learn a whole new language and culture in 9months its not easy.

Not really because where is it ok to murder people???? The word he used it not a racist work in his country.

it was a bad example, but the point is that you adapt to the surroundings. I forgot he hasnt been in europe for over 5 years.

irrelevant, you go by the rules of the country you are in

True, but if he is not guilty then surely the police could/should do something about it too?

Thats what im waiting for, if there is evidence then i fully agree to the ban/fine. Infact if he is guilty then i done think 40k is enough, a full weeks wages would be more suitable.

True, but if he is not guilty then surely the police could/should do something about it too?

Thats what im waiting for, if there is evidence then i fully agree to the ban/fine. Infact if he is guilty then i done think 40k is enough, a full weeks wages would be more suitable.

The whole who controls this part of the game (FA/police) is a murky area, given the legal connotations.

I know Suarez has not been done for being a "racist", the charge he has been found guilty of is the lesser of the two IIRC

it was a bad example, but the point is that you adapt to the surroundings. I forgot he hasnt been in europe for over 5 years.

He has been in Holland for 4 years not England and maybe he didnt use that word while is time in Holland or maybe if he did the players he said it too just let it go. I read of an incident with Seedorf years ago where a player used racist words too him during a game, after the game the player in questions family asked Seedorf for an autograph and the player in question looked embarrased and they both shook hands and moved on (maybe thats where Sep got his thioery from). Im just saying i dont agree with the shake hands and everything will be better thing im just saying maybe he never done it or nothing came of it.

- Evra in his opening statement said ' I Believe Suarez is not a racist' something the FA agreed upon, yet they still sanction him.

He hasn't been charged as a racist but for using racist language.

And the police are investigating Terry. When that is concluded the FA will take their action

He hasn't been charged as a racist but for using racist language.

And the police are investigating Terry. When that is concluded the FA will take their action

Funny just how many people are missing that key difference

He has been in Holland for 4 years not England and maybe he didnt use that word while is time in Holland or maybe if he did the players he said it too just let it go.

In India we follow Keep left when driving, if I go to US and stay there for say 3 years and then drive a car following Keep left I will be punished accordingly. If I give "I'm from India and we follow keep Left principle" I will be told to **** off, even if I say I'm driving for the first time in US.

You should be knowing what to and what not to say and that too when you have spent close to 5 years in Europe and almost a year in England.

Is suarez going to be able to play tomorrow?

Yes. He's available pending the outcome of any possible appeal. Unless he immediately accepts the charge in which case his ban would start straight away

Back