The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Tonight's PL Cup draw with West From was officially Mick Beale's last in charge:

Reds confirm U23 manager Beale to leave club - Liverpool FC
Just seen a tearful Michael Beale walking round Prenton Park after his departure from #LFC was confirmed.

Enjoy Brazil Bealey lad. Thanks for the hard work the last 4 years. You'll be missed.

Now promote Critchley and anyone else in the rejig, officially announce the worst kept secret in football and Gerrard's NY return to join the staff at Kirkby, and everyone's happy!

Last edited:
BRILLIANT! Whoever had found this and put it up, I SERIOUSLY salute you. Even ITV don't have this on tape as it was destroyed in a fire so I've never seen it before!

Fantastic half hour 'This Is Your Life' on arguably the greatest football manager there's ever been. And one of the nicest, most humblest of men imaginable. Along with a cast of footie legends paying tribute! And our sadly departed mate Bobby Wilcox who was a TOP red I'm sure I've spotted the audience. 'The Gentleman's Fine Dining Club' is still going strong on Euro aways in your honour Bobby lad! Never knowingly under drunk!

[video=youtube;u2M5VYPQsO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2M5VYPQsO4[/video]

Last edited:
I was in a second hand shop today to get some stuff for my parents and came across Robbie Fowler's autobiography. $3 well spent I think :P

..... In the case of Joe Gomez I think it will be a year or so before he is ready for first team fotty as an ACL is not only hard to come back from physically but mentally as well.

He's in Barcelona with the rest of the first team squad. That explains his absence from tonights U-23 game.

In more good news Sheyi Ojo played the full game and assisted the equaliser to go with the 65 minutes he got through Saturday.

I was in a second hand shop today to get some stuff for my parents and came across Robbie Fowler's autobiography. $3 well spent I think :P

Got my copy from poundland, one of the worst footy bios I've read I'm afraid!

He seems to blame anyone and everyone else at anything that didn't go his way through his career.

Still, was cheap!

(maybe it just wasn't for me as it has generally good reviews!)

Got my copy from poundland, one of the worst footy bios I've read I'm afraid!

He seems to blame anyone and everyone else at anything that didn't go his way through his career.

Still, was cheap!

(maybe it just wasn't for me as it has generally good reviews!)

Interesting, Fowler was mostly before my time so I don't know a great deal about him really, I'll let you know what I think once I've read it

Interesting, Fowler was mostly before my time so I don't know a great deal about him really, I'll let you know what I think once I've read it

Ive read so many footie bios although never Fowlers, favourite is Pirlos but he is my biggest man crush. I have so many football books its untrue, its at least half my bookshelf.

Ive read so many footie bios although never Fowlers, favourite is Pirlos but he is my biggest man crush. I have so many football books its untrue, its at least half my bookshelf.

I've gone through a fair few including Robert Earnshaw's epic tome (112 pages XD )

Ian Rush is by far and away the best forward the clubs ever had IMHO. Certainly the greatest I've ever seen live. But Robbie remains the most natural goalscorer I've ever seen. From any club. Those first three our four years from 18 on when he finally got his chance and he was banging in 30 plus a season he was beyond ridiculous .Most EVERYTHING he hit went between the posts. He'd of doubtless broken Rushie's records and been right up there with Shearer the PL era had injury and Houllier/ Thompson not destroyed his career/ enthusiasm for the game respectively.

Really annoyed I missed that game! How'd he go?

Quiet. Had a great chance first half to either score or square it to Aubameyang. Got caught in two minds and did neither with a tame pass back 'shot' to Navas. Set up Castro early the second half well for what should o been 1-1. Castro completely fluffed the chance. Got pulled just after Dortmund pulled it back to 2-1. There I turned off and went the store.

Sports Witness, who are just about the best at translating foreign reports in full, ran something today from Bild claiming Dortmund have and understanding with Klopp he wouldn't try sign any player they wanted to keep, but if they did sell, they'd rather sell to us. Take that for it's worth coming from Bild:

FSG keen to sign top target for Jurgen Klopp, club 'relaxed' over big Liverpool offer - Sportwitness

One thing seems pretty darn certain though. We'll be testing BVB's resolve hard this January.

Last edited:
Apparently Tuchel wants to keep him and has told the owners to do what it takes for his contract renewal.

Who knows how this will end up?

Regardless of anything, he's under contract until 2019 so BVB are good into next year before they have to think about selling if he's still resisting extending as he has to date.

It's heartening that his father, who's out in Dortmund with him, is a massive fan of Klopp. So you'd think that would naturally play a part when they both discuss his future. He's gotten a lot of playing time at Dortmund this year. But then he'd get a lot at Anfield with Klopp being the same as Tuchel and all about youth development. With both more than likely in the Champions League next year.

Only thing that is certain is Jürgen wants him bad and Boston see him nailing the US cash cow for them. (L'pool have already jumped ahead of everyone else over there in viewing figures this year. Pulisic would just corner the majority of US fans who are crazy nuts about him being the key, genuine World star player for the National side going forward.). So the money will be there to what ever degree Klopp deems reasonable.

L'pool will go back in hard January. Where that leads, if anywhere, who knows?

But it sure is exciting to even think about the prospect of Pulisic in red.

L'pool will go back in hard January. Where that leads, if anywhere, who knows?

But it sure is exciting to even think about the prospect of Pulisic in red.

With what Jurgen has shown already with his early on signings, and with the performances he's getting out of the players he's had to inherit, I'd be throwing money at him if I owned the club.

Hopefully we will get past Newport (Will be tough) and see you boys in the FA Cup :P

Would be good to go back to Anfield and spend a weekend in Liverpool

It's the Sunday mate at half 1: Liverpool's FA Cup third round tie to be broadcast live on BT Sport - Liverpool Echo

Frigging TV companies looking for an upset. We'll never have a Sat'day 3PM third round tie again. Twats!

But at least it's not the Friday for you lads if you get through so there is that. Enjoy the weekend if you do do that. You'll love it as town will be mad Sat'day night. Personally hate it over a weekend as all the staggies and hen do's tip up from all over and there's a shed load of wool knobs in town. Thursday night always was and remains the best night to go out in L'pool. Back end of the week when your ready for it and it's still locals having a good time before the weekend invasion starts. But that's just from a local perspective. L'pool's that boss a City now you'll have a great time regardless if you get through and come up.

Book a room handy though as they tend to go quick.

Last edited:
Dortmund are more likely to lose him for free than sell him. He fits everything they like about him, and he's broken through. Money isnt an object for Dortmund, I'd be very suprised to see Pulisic at Liverpool next year, let alone Jan

Back