The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Karius needs time, but it goes to show that people were lauding him far too quickly in ousting Mignolet

Read it. Fair enough, he wasn't too complimentary of Karius to say the least, but he just done what he's paid to do and called it as he sees it. And let's be fair, it wasn't as harsh as Carragher's input live after the game :D

I do think everyone's crashing down on the lad far too early, but he's just putting more uneeded pressure on himself coming out with stuff like that, imo. Just keep composed, keep your head down and keep working hard. But hey, people have said he's a bit of an egoist, maybe that's his character, and I'm a big believer in characters in this game... maybe and it can spur him on... time will tell.

Karius needs time, but it goes to show that people were lauding him far too quickly in ousting Mignolet

Disagree with you there.

We've had three years of continued clangers from Mingolet to know his ceiling is never going to be any higher.

We don't know where Kariu's is or isn't without him playing. He was bought to be developed for the long haul so the sooner he started on that path the better.

Not that it's even a question as there's no way Klopp's not sticking with him but I wouldn't have Mingolet back in nets at all. And he's actually reacted pretty well to competition for the first time to be fair to him in his league cup outings. But it'd serve no purpose to switch back.

To be fair, it had to happen, Mignolet was an accident waiting to happen each game. I know some might feel the same way about Karius, but if Liverpool stick it out with him, like United stuck it out with De Gea, and he becomes anywhere near his level (which would automatically be way ahead of Mignolet), then these early mistakes are probably worth it.

He will eventually, but it was never going to be immediate, says a lot that Mignolet is making less mistakes now he's here. Gte your head down and keep working, because Jamie and Gary are right, a nervy keeper unsettles the defence

Absolutely. But where they're both wrong, or maybe misguided is a better word, is the defence hasn't looked nervy with Karius behind them like they more often than not did with Mingolet back there and not knowing what he was going to do. They're far more relaxed giving him the ball for one. I guess down to seeing him everyday and knowing just what he brings. Even if his distribution in games has been up and down.

Talking 'keepers and this Sunday's game, the way Winston Reid VERY publicly had a go at Randolph for his ***** decision making against Arsenal on the pitch last weekend if anyone was watching was a flashing red light to just how bad things are at West Ham for me. Bilic bombing the Brazilian completely out of the picture for Randolph (a very average 'keeper IMHO. Decent shot stopper but pretty garbage at everything else) obviously hasn't gone down well with some of his teammates.

Massive troubles at that club.

Last edited:
Disagree with you there.

We've had three years of continued clangers from Mingolet to know his ceiling is never going to be any higher.

We don't know where Kariu's is or isn't without him playing. He was bought to be developed for the long haul so the sooner he started on that path the better.

Not that it's even a question as there's no way Klopp's not sticking with him but I wouldn't have Mingolet back in nets at all. And he's actually reacted pretty well to competition for the first time to be fair to him in his league cup outings. But it'd serve no purpose to switch back.
Mingolet is one of the worst keepers iv'e ever seen. Honest to god ive seen better footwork from keepers in sunday league. I remember a period of last season there was a stat were every shot went past him, rubbish at shot stopping as well. Dont get me started on his distribution, honestly how he made it as a pro baffles me. People have short memories if they want Karius dropped for this buffon.

Mingolet is one of the worst keepers iv'e ever seen. Honest to god ive seen better footwork from keepers in sunday league. I remember a period of last season there was a stat were every shot went past him, rubbish at shot stopping as well. Dont get me started on his distribution, honestly how he made it as a pro baffles me. People have short memories if they want Karius dropped for this buffon.

15416885_1173148372778145_1075542663_n.png

Said it on these here pages many a time ..... The single worst long term 'keeper I've ever head the displeasure of watching in red.

The revisionist history that's been going on this week by many Reds, both the embarrassing, reactionary morons online and some in the media. has had to be seen to be believed.

Yeah, to his credit he's been a whole bunch better the league cup run and is actually looking relatively solid. But that'a not saying much as he's coming from such a low level and you're always nervous when the ball goes back to him waiting for him to f-up again.

One that definitely won't be here after the summer thankfully.

*Edit* To the highlighted, the first five shots he faced this year against Arsenal and Burnley all went past him. Then this myth grew that he was playing better and it was hard on him being replaced as soon as Karius was fit. Buffoon is the apt description.

He was a back-up at frigging Sunderland before Gordon got crocked for a reason.

Last edited:
Matchday boys!

Been a LONG week waiting to put that mad 20 minute nightmare in an otherwise perfect performance behind us from last weeks frustration at Bournemouth. But it's not the defeat that matters as much as how you react to it. And today we get to take our frustrations on a pitiful West Ham side who have an absolutely woeful record at Anfield .....

Last year when West Ham won 3 and drew the other of the encounters is a complete anomaly to our meetings with West Ham over the years. And we owe them MASSIVELY for it!!

Last years 3-0 home loss was West Ham's first win at Anfield since 1963! 45 games. With only 12 draws and 33 loses. The 3 goals they scored is only the second ever time they've scored three at Anfield. The previous being back in 1928! All time, they've visited 60 times, taking away a grand total of FOUR wins and 16 draws to show for it. In the PL era, they've visited 20 times, with ONE win, 5 draws and 14 defeats.

This West Ham are utter ***** and in complete disarray. They're in free fall and headed out of the league. Bilic, who could well be sacked before Christmas (maybe even next week after we batter them), has publicly called them out this week for not training hard enough. This after he bombed out a solid 'keeper in Adrian for some bizarre reason and replaced him with a bang average one in Randolph. Who got publicly called out on the pitch by Winston Reid last Sat'day for his ***** decision making. When that's happening, you know there's SERIOUS dressing room issues. They're injury hit all over the park to add to their woes. If they play anywhere near as high a line and attack as they have the last two against Utd and Arsenal more fool them as they'll get volleyed all over the park.

And then you throw in they're facing a REAL ****** L'pool coming off the back of a game they should never of lost. And playing these ****** Reds is just about the single worst opponent you could wish for right now.

Think we absolutely wallop them 6/7/8 to start another long 15 game or so unbeaten run. Seriously.

Up the revenge seeking, backlash handing out Reds!

Coutinho is a big miss for me. Firmino at best when he's central, linking up with Coutinho.

Back