The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
See Zorc on Sky Germany today saying that Liverpool are wasting there time. And he is not for sale. Said the club are planning with him and will be key next season and the future of the club.

Fot a club not bothered by any approaches as they aren't selling, they sure are spending a heck of a lot of time telling other clubs not to bother huh? ;).

Reading on twitter that some news is incoming regarding the club. Apparently it's to do with a takeover from a Chinese consortium (not my words):

My sources are telling me tonight, the @lfc takeover is expected to be completed before Christmas & possibly by the end of this week.

(Source-Talksport)

Last edited:
Well, never expected Everton to do us a favour tonight. Excellent committed display in a very good game of football.

BIG chance to get back on track and return joint second with Arsenal tomorrow in a MUST win game at Middlesbrough for me after the last two outings. Absolutely gutted the all but finished at the top level Jagielka is out the Derby. His complete lack of most ANY pace would of been just the job. On the plus side I guess that means the gutless Argentinian sh*thouse will now come in. Big Div has to be licking his lips at the prospect after the last time they met.

Reading on twitter that some news is incoming regarding the club. Apparently it's to do with a takeover from a Chinese consortium (not my words):

My sources are telling me tonight, the @lfc takeover is expected to be completed before Christmas & possibly by the end of this week.

(Source-Talksport)

I didn't know we where being taken over so his 'sources' are interesting .....

Not seeing anything from anyone on anything so I wouldn't put much on it. And even if there was, the Chinese would be needing to come back with a LOT bigger offer than the pittance they tried the summer.

Congratulations tonight. Such a difference when you get 100% commitment from every player huh? Fully deserved win.

See Zorc on Sky Germany today saying that Liverpool are wasting there time. And he is not for sale. Said the club are planning with him and will be key next season and the future of the club.

I have the same technique on FM.

Issues hands off warning. Sells for 2x the value.

Going round on Twitter that Karius is dropped

Edit - not saying its true

After his dig at Neville for slating him he'd look a bit silly if he dropped him so I really can't see that. Plus Mignolet is hardly an improvement on anything lol.

I enjoyed this piece.

[h=1]Carra and Neville hang 'keeper high[/h][h=2][/h][FONT=&quot]Paul Hyland [/FONT]

Loris Karius is a young man with a great talent who must, like the rest of us, look at Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville and wonder how it all came to this.

This chattering, busy duo now completely dominate analysis on Sky and have taken it upon themselves to be a hanging jury.

Karius is the target and Neville has been trading insults with the Liverpool goalkeeper in the dubious arena that is Twitter.

It was awful to hear Carragher, with a smug little grin on his face, chuntering away blaming Karius after Liverpool threw away a lead against West Ham and almost lost.

He advised the German to stay off Twitter and work hard.

Later, Neville said the same and into the battle waded outraged Didi Hamann, who reckoned they were too hard on his compatriot.

This bare-knuckle battle could never have happened without social media and everyone involved looked stupid by the time it was over.

Karius, the man in the eye of the storm wasn't great against West Ham, but neither were the rest of the Liverpool defence. To load it all on the shoulders of one man was unfair. Worse than that it was inaccurate.

But it seems now that pundits want to get involved a bit more, want to feel like they still mean something in football.

Eamon Dunphy has done a version of this for years in Ireland but however accurate his analysis mostly is, it has become a cliché at this stage and until very recently, his opinion on Michel Platini or Ronaldo never made it beyond the local. It has always been Sky's policy to infiltrate sport and get as close to the story as possible. They have tried to be the 13th man in the equation, not just as close to the action as they can get but actually part of it.

That's why we get managers now before matches, muttering inanities and empty platitudes to fill some time for the broadcasters, the very last thing they want to be doing.

There is no value in that or in interviews like the one Patrick Davison did with Darren Randolph after the Ireland No. 1 had handed Liverpool an equaliser with a mistake.

Platitudes

Davison is a nice man who works the Ireland beat and players seem to like him. He asks difficult questions with skill but did we really need to see Randolph's pain?

It pushed all the buttons for Sky. It fits their notion of football as a rolling reality show and if their pundits are engaging mano a mano with the players or managers, all the better.

It is, of course, ridiculous and Carragher, in particular, ought to get a grip of himself. When you hang up your boots, you cease to have any meaningful influence and all you can do is make noise.

He was a no-nonsense, effective centre-back who found his level at Anfield in a largely fallow period for the club and someone you instinctively feel would have good radar for foolishness.

But he's gone native at Sky and is oozing self-importance. The same happened his mate Neville and he's shouting louder than ever in an attempt to become relevant again.

That's what happens when you take the dilettante route to management, a gilded path which bypasses experience in favour of someone who talks a good game.

And he did talk a good game before his singularly unsuccessful stab at being the Gaffer but now his credibility is shot to pieces by his failure with Valencia and England.

It is a mystery why anyone ever took this man seriously in the first place.

He was no more than a decent full-back placed beside someone like Denis Irwin and certainly never world class.

He was lampooned by opposition fans with great relish because they recognised him from their own lives.

Everyone had a Red Nev in their class, the one who tried just that bit too hard to fit in with the big lads but never quite made it.

All the medals he won at Old Trafford because he was lucky to grow up among serious talent and his career at Old Trafford intersected with Roy Keane, do not seem to be enough for him.

That's why he couldn't help himself when he rose to Karius's tweet last week like a very obliging trout.

Red Nev thinks he's still playing, still important but he's not. Neither is Carra.

Carragher and Gary Neville at least offer some good analysis most times.

Phil Neville on the other hand is just a complete gobshite. ***** player and even more clueless on the TV.

Not down at all with Mingolet back in nets and very surprised if he does make that move.

But if he does, here's hoping big Si has an absolute blinder and contributes to the win if he's needed to.

I think a lot of people forget the fact that analysing & punditry, and managing a football club, is COMPLETELY different. Comments like this from the article; "his credibility is shot to pieces by his failure with Valencia and England. It is a mystery why anyone ever took this man seriously in the first place." is just silly for me. Just because he had a bad stint at Valencia, in what was in my book a bad decision from him to even take that job, doesn't take away from the fact that he's arguably the best football pundit on TV and talks the most sense the majority of the time.

It's as if people expected him to fly out to Spain and be the next Sir Alex Ferguson or Bill Shankly right away from the off, with zero experience, just based on the fact that he talks sense while analysing.

Not a dig at you Anthony, as they weren't your words, but I've been seeing comments like "What does Neville know? He was **** at Valencia" everywhere, including something along similar lines from Klopp himself (which he probably only said to divert some attention away from Karius or whatever) - but I think it's nonsense that his little spell in management has to be always taken up every time he gives a controversial opinion while analysing a game - it's completely different.

If Simon Cowell grabbed a microphone, got on stage, and was absolutely shocking, does that mean his opinions automatically counts for nothing?

The bigger issue with the Neville's is they can't take any criticism back. Even going as far to say as young footballers shouldn't give interviews in Phil's *** backward ****** up defence of his brother.

If Mingolet's back in nets, you have to think it's a LONG way back for Karius from this.

Really don't understand that at all it turns out to be true.

If Mingolet's back in nets, you have to think it's a LONG way back for Karius from this.

Really don't understand that at all it turns out to be true.

I'd be very surprised after the comments from Klopp. Prior to that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken out of the firing line, but after Klopp stuck his neck out like that, it would be mixed messages.

I'd be very surprised after the comments from Klopp. Prior to that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken out of the firing line, but after Klopp stuck his neck out like that, it would be mixed messages.

It was both Joyce and Barrett who started running with it earlier so you'd presume it to be right.

Have to agree it would be baffling, after picking a fight like this, to drop him.

Rightly or wrongly, if ive just had a war of words defending my player, i would play him in every game til he bounced back.

Mad if he gets dropped. No one will buy the rotation line right now

Back