The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well the reports were true. Mignolet in for Karius.

After his comments, it's a rather strange decision from Klopp. I wonder what Karius is thinking?

Well the reports were true. Mignolet in for Karius.

After his comments, it's a rather strange decision from Klopp.

Totally.

I get why he's done it. A Karius mistake now isn't just a Karius mistake, it's a complete drama by itself all played out all over. So he's protecting him from that. Just like he was doing for all his players and not just Karius yesterday which has been misconstrued.

I just don't agree that it's the right move. But the managers taken the decision so we move on.

Here's to big Si playing a blinder.

Right, enough on the 'keepers. Need a BIG response from all XI and end this horrifically bad record at the Riverside of ours.

Just get the win Reds. 2 games is enough for a blip ta. Not arsed how ugly. It's LFC. At our bogey ground and then some. Just WIN.

Up the history changing Reds!

Decent half of football. Some questionably late officiating aside.

Good goal from Lallana from a great Clyne cross. Great break from Mané who was so unlucky to hit the post. Brilliant save from Mignolet along with some good handling.

A good battle and been pleasantly surprised by Middlesbrough coming out and having a go. Traoré's pace is a constant threat.

Need the second but half way there. Keep working second half Red Men.

Last edited:
Really disappointed that Klopp dropped Karius, hope Mingo has a blinder though. Even worse are hashtags on Twitter like #blockkarius. I swear sometimes football fans are the most fickle minded bunch of plebs out there.

Could be just that he wants to keep rotating them and with no cup games until January, he's decided to give Mignolet a midweek game or two

Excellent nights work.

2 game blip over. Riverside record well and truly rectified. Middlesbrough put to the sword and destroyed for the first real time this year.

3 great goals, the one touch interplay the second was superb. Brilliant goal which big Div tucked away for his 5th in 5 games, and 10th in his last 11th starts. (Funes More, you horrible little *****! He's coming for YOU!). Lallana now has more league goals (6, along with his 6th assist tonight) since his last year at Southampton. Big Si making a great save at 1-0 first half, and showing good handling and distribution throughout. Even if he did have next to nottin' to do second half. Very calm and assured. All you require in a 'keeper which he hasn't often shown. Hopefully he continues in this vein. Ejaria getting more of a taste and Trent adding his league debut the end. If Mané hadn't hit the post late first half it would of been just about the perfect rebound game. Good nights work at our nightmare football ground.

And the three goals scored (a whopping 52 now through 20 games) takes us back into second behind Chelsea.

Up the 'Can't win the league with defending like L'pool!' Reds!

Bring on the Blue *****!

Last edited:
Could be just that he wants to keep rotating them and with no cup games until January, he's decided to give Mignolet a midweek game or two

Lol. I like the 'midweek Cup' line. Joking aside, you don't rotate 'keepers. Of all the positions in a team, they need to be playing every week. You can't come in cold.

It's just plainly taking a young 'keeper out the firing line right now as there's SO much OTT focus/ scrutiny on EVERYTHING he does. It's gone way beyond any normal situation.

Protecting his 'keeper of the future.

Personally wouldn't of made the change but I can see why he has. And now Mignolet's the man to get behind again.

Last edited:
I don't think it was the greatest move to drop him. If you wanted to protect him, you wouldn't have gone about it that way initially. Makes Klopp look weak on that front tbh.

That said, didnt change the result.

I don't think it was the greatest move to drop him. If you wanted to protect him, you wouldn't have gone about it that way initially. Makes Klopp look weak on that front tbh.

That said, didnt change the result.

'Initially' being yesterday's press conference jibe back at the Nevilles? He wasn't so much talking about Karius there as making a general point on all players. And in so doing taking the attention back onto himself.

I wouldn't of pulled him, for no other reason than I don't trust Mignolet. But I don't see any problem with the reasoning behind it with all the bullshit going on surrounding Loris. He's just turned 23. He'll come back stronger in time.

Interesting to see who starts in the merseyside derby as if their is a keeper mistake in that game that is costly that could have a huge impact, also as Mingolet made no errors would show where Karius stands. In hindsight with Middlesbrough being the lowest scoring side in the league they may have been a good team for Karius to get his confidence back against although Mingolet did have to amje a couple good saves

After his dig at Neville for slating him he'd look a bit silly if he dropped him so I really can't see that. Plus Mignolet is hardly an improvement on anything lol.

**** Kloppo looks silly right now after dropping Karius, bringing Mignolet in and getting a clean sheet while scoring 3 fantastic team goals.

Silly Klopp.

Scouse, given that Karius went all biz and brazen, and Klopp railed at both Bournemouth and the rest, it did smack somewhat of tracking back, and Mig was good when eventually called up on, it doesnt exactly smack of the faith he's put out there that he has in him. No issue with pulling a player out the firing line, just very off after all the comments leading up to it. Be interesting for the derby now.

Wouldn't disagree it was a strange way of going around it but he's made the decision now.

Don't think there's much doubt Mignolet will be in nets Monday and going forward. You're not just changing them for one game.

More interesting for me, presuming he doesn't mess up and is solid over Chrimbo, does Karius then come in the League Cup semi January? He's been playing Mignolet that competition whilst Karius has been in the league. But this is the serious business of the semi finals. Real curious to see whether he just leaves Simon in right through both the league and League Cup and maybe just easies Karius back in the lower league third round FA Cup tie and hopefully the same the fourth round?

All a bit complicated now perhaps. Home to Boro, i'd have sent him out there with the crowd behind him. Think a lot will come down to Mig's form now.

When was the last time we actually had a GK that could/would win us games? Personally think we should just spend some big money either in Jan or end of the season on a actual good GK.

When was the last time we actually had a GK that could/would win us games? Personally think we should just spend some big money either in Jan or end of the season on a actual good GK.
Personally think our GK coach aint up to scratch. Since Achterbeg has come in all the keepers he has coached have gone downhill.

Back