The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You're doing Henderson a massive disservice IMHO but it's all about perceptions.

But as every time you've brought this up this year, it really is fruitless because we're never going to play with the traditional DM you're continually obsessed with. We play with too much fluidity to rely on one that isn't an all round box-to-box controller. And when he see's an opportunity to stride forward, then someone else drops in.

You're doing Henderson a massive disservice IMHO but it's all about perceptions.

But as every time you've brought this up this year, it really is fruitless because we're never going to play with the traditional DM you're continually obsessed with. We play with too much fluidity to rely on one that isn't an all round box-to-box controller. And when he see's an opportunity to stride forward, then someone else drops in.

It actually kind of reminds me of how I set up on the new FM the way you play because I dont use a DM, Deep Lying Playmaker is literally my deepest player. But then it is FM haha

Real strange to be sat the eve of Everton's Cup Final and not be worried at all. Which even given the bitters are utter ***** is still an unusual feeling. This is THE game you want to win more than any other each season after all. There's still NO game the World over bigger than L'pool-Utd, but for those of us from/ still in the City who have to encounter Evertonian delusions and bile on a daily basis, the Derby is still the game you want to win more than any other. NOTHING like beating the blue *****. Beating them there is unparalleled.

So to not have the usual nervousness, instead feeling L'pool will comfortably lick them, is a novel new feeling.

Time will soon out whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

All the blue noses are on a high after their Istanbul against Arsenal mate.

It's frustrating for me to see him making 2 year passes when you're losing to West Ham in the latter stages. It's more of Klopp's tactical nous than his ability. I like Henderson but he's an old-fashioned workhorse. I'm not talking about a traditional DM. I'm talking of a great DM pivot or Regista to be more accurate. All great sides need one. Someone as ice cool as Sergi Busquets. Guardiola's first move was to get one (Gundogan). I guarantee that Klopp's looking for one. If you want long-term success on the big stage, it's a vital role in the modern game. Unfortunately, you couldn't afford a Marco Verratti or Julian Weigl.

West Ham was part of a two game blip when everyone was off from 1 to 11.

Nottin' more, nottin less. We got that out of our system Wednesday with our most complete 45 minute spell of the season second half.

*Edit* Kinda' cool that opposition fans perceive all these problems with L'pool who will return second with a win tomorrow amidst a serious title battle. How unstoppable would we be if all these 'ills' were fixed huh? :D.

Last edited:
West Ham was part of a two game blip when everyone was off from 1 to 11.

Nottin' more, nottin less. We got that out of our system Wednesday with our most complete 45 minute spell of the season second half.

*Edit* Kinda' cool that opposition fans perceive all these problems with L'pool who will return second with a win tomorrow amidst a serious title battle. How unstoppable would we be if all these 'ills' were fixed huh? :D.
No premier league team is perfect. I'm just saying Liverpool would be much better with x changes. Klopp's a class coach but still needs time to build the squad.

Oh, no question. We're nowhere near playing to our full potential this year. It's been pretty darn superb over all but there's still plenty that can be improved upon.

But that extra can be attained within the present group the more they work together on the training field. If we can add January, brilliant. But it's not imperative.

We'll be sound.

There we go. Everton fans finally back full of their usual red spitefulness ahead of their Cup Final tonight. Been weird having them lay low all last week. Missed that!

Although any born and bred Scouser hoping Chelsea wins the league as I've just been informed is not worthy of coming from this City. The bitterness is REAL strong in that one!

L'pool to lick the blues 3 or 4 tonight.

Funes Mori, you horrible, gutless sh*tbag. He's coming .....

View attachment 114213

Up the Derby destroying Reds!

There we go. Everton fans finally back full of their usual red spitefulness ahead of their Cup Final tonight. Been weird having them lay low all last week. Missed that!

Although any born and bred Scouser hoping Chelsea wins the league as I've just been informed is not worthy of coming from this City. The bitterness is REAL strong in that one!

L'pool to lick the blues 3 or 4 tonight.

Funes Mori, you horrible, gutless sh*tbag. He's coming .....

View attachment 1093495

Up the Derby destroying Reds!

If they play anything like they did against us, Everton are getting a hiding. They've been absolutely awful in the past few games. Don't be fooled by their results.

Reports out of Germany have Klopp's bezzie Wagner swapping Huddersfield for Wolfsburg.

Very surprised like if he's leaving Town so soon.

Well that wasn't very neighbourly of L'pool ..... Spoiling a blue 21st party by completely ruining a blue Chrimbo!

There's a LOT to be said about winning a game like that. Especially one that had been utter ***** for the previous 94 minutes. It obviously means everything to Liverpudlians but anyone watching that without the invested interest must of thought 'these two are absolute *****!' And then THAT happens and absolutely ecstatic bedlam ensues in mad celebration. I would have a smattering of sympathy if the Park End hadn't shown their true colours and resorted second half to the pushing walls over gesture and the equally bottom dwelling 'Always the victim' *****. 'Mur-der-ers' you expect as they've never gotten over their Heysel/ L'pool robbed them of World domination delusions which started the bitterness. But resorting to that ...... I don't care if it was naive kids not even born at the time who'd had a few bevvies ..... if you want to behave like the lads down the other end of the East Lancs, **** off out of my City and go join them! Once a blue. Always a ******* Manc!

And a special word for Ross Barkely, taking the place of Funes Mori in trying to win blue favour by being an absolute c*nt!

Nicely placed on Chelsea's coattails and a VERY happy Christmas in store. (Unless you're of a bitter persuasion and have cancelled it already.).

These lads will be the death of me but what a ******* way to win a game of football!

Up the party pooping, title charging Reds!

*Edit* Oh yeah. The irony of the Park End banner 'Dublin Blues. Born Not Manufactured' ..... Seriously, this is what you're up against.

Last edited:
Oh, a special shout out for Klavan. In a sea of absolute mediocrity, he was the only person that stood out above it all on the park.

2 games in a row now. I'd leave him in alongside Matip Stoke but I doubt he does.

Oh, a special shout out for Klavan. In a sea of absolute mediocrity, he was the only person that stood out above it all on the park.

2 games in a row now. I'd leave him in alongside Matip Stoke but I doubt he does.

I think it was actually Lovren who got a lot of praise post game from Neville. Both did well, kept tight to Lukaku, restricted them to practically no chances, despite how semi-threatening they looked in the first half. Coleman was the best player on the park for them, and their most dangerous attacking outlet too (which says a lot for the likes of Barkley, Lennon & co). Barkley was **** poor, should've been sent off, surprised he lasted the 90 by Koeman, let alone the ref.

To be honest I can't really think of any Liverpool player that stood out. Maybe Firmino for finding pockets of space on a few occasions in a generally smothered Everton final third, and unlucky not to come away with a goal or two.

But yeah, other than that, such a poor game for the neutral . Everton seem to turn a lot of their big games scrappy, try to get in your face, be direct, disrupt any rhythm from the opposition.

Well done though, massive win in my eyes. A big 'feel good' factor in the camp going into boxing day, can't ask for much more. Gone up in my estimation winning a game in that scrappy fashion, defending well, keeping solid, and nicking the goal. It's why I saw Chelsea as big favourites, they can win games like this with their B game, I wasn't sure if the Pool could.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was possible for Everton to hate us any more but after L'pool found the most horrible way to ruin their Cup Final yet again last night it would appear it's sent them into an even deeper spiral of despair and red loathing.

https://twitter.com/EvertonHub/status/810976522517483521

The fume and the bitterness is out in FULL force today.

Soz abar us lads .....

View attachment 114113

HOHOHO!

..... Well done though, massive win in my eyes. A big 'feel good' factor in the camp going into boxing day, can't ask for much more. Gone up in my estimation winning a game in that scrappy fashion, defending well, keeping solid, and nicking the goal. It's why I saw Chelsea as big favourites, they can win games like this with their B game, I wasn't sure if the Pool could.

I hadn't realised until looking just now, but Chelsea have only have 2 players on 4 or more goals this year and we're 2 games shy of halfway. When Costa hit's a dry patch, that could well be as significant as being tight the other end.

Be interesting to see how they compensate Boxing Day without him.

As to your views on the game which I cut for space, I think what was also major was Everton, like so many sides against this L'pool side this year, put so much in early they were completely done from around 25 on. That first quarter or so they put like 40 minutes/ a half into and where just goosed the rest of the way. Second half, there was only one team in it. As laboured as L'pool were it was complete one sided domination.

The fitness work done pre-season has been a massive factor right through. There's no fitter or harder working side the league than these Reds and if you don't capitalise early, that fitness inevitably tells late.

Last edited:
Back