The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He has turned them down

Good to read. Thought it'd be real strange of Wagner to sack off Huddersfield only 5 months in.

They'll be some big clubs on the table if he keeps on building Huddersfield the way he is. (Maybe even the USMNT down the line.). Wolfsburg doesn't qualify as one of those.

Last edited:
This. 200% THIS! ******* wise up and remember who you are and where you come from!

[video=youtube;JkomzrxySFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkomzrxySFE[/video]

Even given it's them in their rabid Derby hatred, I seriously couldn't believe they lowered themselves to the 'Always the Victim' *****. And when they naturally got the reaction from ourselves about not being Scousers singing that Manc disgrace, MANY of them where giving BOTH pushing the wall over and faces pressed against a fence gestures. The last minute winner just added to some VERY ugly scenes after outside and over the park. (SO much fun coming out having lil' knobheads screaming in yer face 'MURDERERS!'). The 'Friendly Derby' right Sky?

The real sad thing is we've always had great solidarity with Everton and Everton fans over Hillsborough. And the vast majority that go the match are decent lads and still give that. But if you stand around and let that **** happen and don't condone it, forgive us for tarring yers all with the same brush as you're as big a part of the problem as the shitbags doing it.

Last edited:
Had a ******* 3 day bender and missed the sale this morning. Livid with myself.

15622033_10153965748761364_3471338474203319018_n.jpg

Brilliant read. Like the writer said it feels like a recent issue.

Definitely. I don't remember anything like the hate fuelled atmosphere of the Derby now, particularly at Goodison (still cracks me up when it's portrayed as 'The Friendly Derby') growing up and in the '80's when I started going the match. '84 and '86 were real special, Scouse occasions at Wembley. Same the Hillsborough final in '89. But the bitterness and jealously the worse Everton have got where now literally the ONLY thing they have is L'pool FC ( '...... We don't care what the redshite say .......' Really? Funny that as we're ALL you talk about!) has just gone off the charts and this myth has grown how Heysel was all some Machiavellian Liverpool plot to deprive Everton of sure fire European Cup glory in 1986 (ironic how that team, with the addition of the best English forward of the age, Lineker, finished runner-up in both league and cup to L'pool that year huh?) and subsequent World domination that they actually fully believe their seriously f-ed up delusions.

Monday night was a new low hearing Scousers singing that Manc *****.

Talking of, that's another relatively recent issue. The real bad blood between us and Utd. That only really started to turn the '80's. In large part fuelled by 'Big Ron from Old Swan' when he took over at Utd and ramped it up. In large part down to jealousy. Their jealousy at our dominance. Our jealousy that we could never beat them in the one off games. There's some absolute bollocks out there about it turning with the ship canal and so forth, but if truth be told before the '80's it had been a pretty perfect co-existince between us and Utd right through. Just the last game early this year against Utd I was talking to some older friends and they were saying as recently as the 1977 FA Cup final Utd fans were wishing us all the best in Rome for the European Cup final the following midweek and the trains were all friendly going home from Euston. You'd NEVER get ANYTHING like that now. That game now is just pure Evil and the hatred between both sets of supporters can make it a pretty scary experience if you don't know what you're doing. Particularly there.

ALL this **** needs to end. Which is easier said than done when it's so ingrained in certain imbeciles. All you can do is carry on pulling people at the match and educate them, along with people writing on the inherent wrongness of point scoring by death to try reach a wider audience and hopefully make people think twice about doing it the match in future.

Last edited:
Brilliant read. Like the writer said it feels like a recent issue.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/12/everton-0-liverpool-1-pink/

Listen to that lid. All the Wrap's subscription shows are free this week through a promotion thing to get people to subscribe. 'Try before yers buy' like. That's the one they do straight after a match and Mondays was absolutely f-ng hilarious!

DEFO not safe for work that half hour or so!
XD.

*Edit* Soz. That might be the freebie one haha: https://audioboom.com/posts/5414609-christmas-hamper-the-pink-everton-0-1-liverpool

Last edited:
Thought I'd give it a cheeky listen, but turned it off around the 4 minute mark, right after the "they are **** and we are boss" comment in regards to how Liverpool won... Behave, they fluked a 1-0 in the 94th minute :D Fantastic result, but let's be honest, they were made work with every last fibre in their body for it, it was far from men against boys.

If it was Everton fans behaving like that, they'd be called "deluded annoying bitter pri**s" in every Liverpool household in Merseyside haha. Bad as each other. But it's what derbies are about, bragging rights (H)

Klopp: Liverpool is the best place for any player wanting to fulfil his potential - Liverpool Echo

In stark contrast to Utd fans getting all giddy about their archetypal 'cheque book manager' preparing to spend another ridiculous amount the coming windows (Which there's absolutely NOTHING wrong in their case with before any moron takes that the wrong way. Utd has always demanded the big shinny top of the range signings and it's just another way to build a squad); I love the way we're building this. Our way. A sustainable way for both the here and now and long term that fits what this club always was. You want to be here because you WANT to be here for what we are and what we're doing, and want to improve as players with better coaching and darn hard graft. Or yers can happily go do one and chase yer money elsewhere. (How's that BVB return working out for yers Götze lad? <Which wasn't so much about money as him wanting to wait to see if any Champions League clubs came in after the Euros. All relevant to wanting to be here for the RIGHT reasons and why we pulled the plug on him and moved onto Sadio.>).

I couldn't love that man ANY more!

#LFCdoingittherightwayandstillwinningtheleague

Last edited:
Thought I'd give it a cheeky listen, but turned it off around the 4 minute mark, right after the "they are **** and we are boss" comment in regards to how Liverpool won... Behave, they fluked a 1-0 in the 94th minute :D Fantastic result, but let's be honest, they were made work with every last fibre in their body for it, it was far from men against boys.

If it was Everton fans behaving like that, they'd be called "deluded annoying bitter pri**s" in every Liverpool household in Merseyside haha. Bad as each other. But it's what derbies are about, bragging rights (H)

Naughty out of context post which if you'd of bothered of carrying on listening past Ben Johno's immediate post game euphoria you wouldn't of made. I only put 'The Pink' up for diakh and any other red as a fun half hour listen.

Just saying.

And if Everton had completely bossed the second half and scored a late winner like that, I doubt you'd find many Reds that wouldn't be agreeing today.

If you want to listen to great, serious analysis (not sure why you would given you have no invested interest like but still. All there), go listen to something like the Tuesday review off the list: https://audioboom.com/channel/theanfieldwrappodcast

*Edit* I'd recommend the Central League show being as our ex-U-23 coach Michael Beale is guesting. Fascinating hearing a seasoned youth coaches perspective. Or 'The Coach Home' if you want a none-L'pool perspective from other teams around the league.

*Double Edit* Evertonians in the main are 'deluded, annoying, bitter pri**s.' Bang on there mate. Even Evertonian's wouldn't argue that. ;).

Last edited:
Naughty out of context post which if you'd of bothered of carrying on listening past Ben Johno's immediate post game euphoria you wouldn't of made. I only put 'The Pink' up for diakh and any other red as a fun half hour listen.

Just saying.

And if Everton had completely bossed the second half and scored a late winner like that, I doubt you'd find many Reds that wouldn't be agreeing today.

If you want to listen to great, serious analysis (not sure why you would given you have no invested interest like but still. All there), go listen to something like the Tuesday review off the list: https://audioboom.com/channel/theanfieldwrappodcast

ive not listened to it, but its 1-0 wins like that that win titles, get top 4 etc, Leeds had one the other week vs Reading they absolutely hammered us possession wise but it was all in their back 6. we still had more shots etc. Not how I like to win a football match with under 30 percent possession or whatever it was especially when I first started following Leeds home and abroad was Under O'Leary and I dunno bout you Scouse but I thought we was pretty exciting to watch at that point. But you take the wins when not at your best if it gets you where you need to be. If you achieve aims no one goes remember that game at goodison when we wasn't at the races. sorry if this is a bit of ramble I'm a bit smashed haha

ive not listened to it, but its 1-0 wins like that that win titles, get top 4 etc, Leeds had one the other week vs Reading they absolutely hammered us possession wise but it was all in their back 6. we still had more shots etc. Not how I like to win a football match with under 30 percent possession or whatever it was especially when I first started following Leeds home and abroad was Under O'Leary and I dunno bout you Scouse but I thought we was pretty exciting to watch at that point. But you take the wins when not at your best if it gets you where you need to be. If you achieve aims no one goes remember that game at goodison when we wasn't at the races. sorry if this is a bit of ramble I'm a bit smashed haha

You where great under O'Leary mate. Just that clueless a-hole Risdale spent WELL beyond your means and made it completely unsustainable. Which you've still not fully recovered from. Still don't know how you didn't get to that Champions League final. #yetANOTHERbenteuropeanofficialforleeds

And yeah, those type of late wins do go a long way toward winning titles no question. But I'd still rather be built to be goal laden through the whole team over a season. That's one of the main reasons why I think Chelsea will drop off. Their brand of footy is an injury from Costa away from it all going to ****.

But you're wrong on not remembering Monday regardless mate haha. To beat them, like THAT ..... That goes down in Derby folklore and is right up there with Gary Mac's 40 yard free kick injury time winner in 2001 or Dirk Kuyt scoring the last minute penalty, his second, after he should of walked for a horrendous tackle after we'd been utter ***** for the 2-1 win in 2007 as the best Derby win I've ever experienced over the pit. (Just a little too young to of been allowed to experience Rushies 4 in the 5-0 walloping in '84 live <and the fact we had little money back them under that *****>, but I remember the front room bouncing with relatives watching the telly haha.).

The celebration when Mané got the winner is RIGHT up there with the maddest ever. And we've had some of the best and maddest of any group of supporters. As it's you, Leeds the Cup in 2001 when we were absolutely terrible at yours and Barmby and Heskey got the last minute double was similar all out euphoric bedlam that springs to mind. Just absolute carnage with bodies, legs and arms everywhere and fella's kissing other fella's in absolute unadulterated ecstasy verging on some mad **** erotic scene lol. And then you top it off with the absolute angst all around you knowing you've completely ruined their Christmas in the most horrible of ways with all the freebie blue Santa hats getting webbed everywhere from them ..... You just can't beat winning a game of football like that.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Reds.

We got the best present we could EVER possibly wish to receive back on October 8 last year when this man waked through the door .....

[video=youtube;L50dxu1OIzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L50dxu1OIzk[/video]

EVERYTHING else from here on in is gravy.

Roberto Firmino charged with drink driving - Liverpool Echo

NO time for anyone that has even ONE drink and then gets behind the wheel of a lethal killing machine. VERY disappointing Firmino lad. Enjoy explaining to Klopp why yers were out the early hours! ********!

As for today ..... VERY interested to see how Chelsea cope without Costa. (And to a lesser extent Kante.). Should have enough to beat Bournemouth at home but it's no 'gimme.' Still don't see Chelsea as a serious title threat at all despite this awesome winning streak. This run is masking a lot for me and the lack of goals across the team I feel will be telling. City are the team we need to finish ahead of IMHO. And they sadly have the easiest of easy warmups for Anfield at woeful and down already Hull later.

REAL ****** off we have to wait until tomorrow with an even more scandalous tea time KO time just so the TV companys can get in another live game. Like anyone's that arsed about L'pool- Stoke on the telly. TWATS!

Come on Bournemouth! The sooner this Chelsea run ends and they start sliding the other way the better!

Roberto Firmino charged with drink driving - Liverpool Echo[FONT=&quot]

NO time for anyone that has even ONE drink and then gets behind the wheel of a lethal killing machine. VERY disappointing Firmino lad. Enjoy explaining to Klopp why yers were out the early hours! ********![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As for today ..... VERY interested to see how Chelsea cope without Costa. (And to a lesser extent Kante.). Should have enough to beat Bournemouth at home but it's no 'gimme.' Still don't see Chelsea as a serious title threat at all despite this awesome winning streak. This run is masking a lot for me and the lack of goals across the team I feel will be telling. City are the team we need to finish ahead of IMHO. And they sadly have the easiest of easy warmups for Anfield at woeful and down already Hull later. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]REAL ****** off we have to wait until tomorrow with an even more scandalous tea time KO time just so the TV companys can get in another live game. Like anyone's that arsed about L'pool- Stoke on the telly. TWATS![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Come on Bournemouth! The sooner this Chelsea run ends and they start sliding the other way the better! [/FONT]

Spare a moment for the people working the game as well tomorrow!! I've had to take the car. Next issue is finding a place to park..

Spare a moment for the people working the game as well tomorrow!! I've had to take the car. Next issue is finding a place to park..

Still freebie specks the streets the back the 12th Man. Not sure the other side (still fine going down Utting Avenue and off there down past the Arkles right now); but as of now they haven't gotten around to making everything residents only which is going to cause absolute carnage.

Back