The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Saints should've made it 2-0 there, massive chance, superb save Karius.

Miss Mane so much in attack!

Have kept this opinion to myself, but if being honest, I haven't been impressed with Liverpool all that much at all lately. Perhaps a tad bit harsh with Coutinho out, who is a big miss, and now Mane, but I definitely don't see a great deal to fear with how they're currently playing. Not convincing at all.

Game is set up for a good second half now, hopefully see a good fight.

Have kept this opinion to myself, but if being honest, I haven't been impressed with Liverpool all that much at all lately. Perhaps a tad bit harsh with Coutinho out, who is a big miss, and now Mane, but I definitely don't see a great deal to fear with how they're currently playing. Not convincing at all.

Coutinho has been a huge miss as now is Mane. Even Hendo tbh. Must admit the last few weeks there intensity levels seemed to have dropped a bit. Sunday will be a different game though.

Southampton have been so wasteful think they may well end up regretting it

Was thinking the exact same. Could've been 3-0 up in first half, have looked incredibly dangerous on the break this second half. Who would've thought before the game, Southampton would be annoyed with a 1-0 win (should it stay this way) - but that's how it may be, given how they've played.

Long way to go yet though. Next goal if any is huge for the tie.

No matter how how you guys try to be like Soton, they'll always come on top.
:P

Danny Welbeck– ‏@WelBeast

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

What the note said

1:36 pm - 11 Jan 2017
313 RETWEETS190 LIKES.

Well done Southampton. As negative as they were for the second game against us this year, we were horrid (frigging Can is getting worse) and had no idea to break them down. Could of been worse so very happy to be at half way only 1 behind. Southampton aren't getting any better than that.

As as for the S*n reading, Thatcher idolising, Southern shandy drinking inbred ****** that follow them ..... Always the victim ...... What a classy bunch of lads yers are. We show our respects to the young lad of yours that died and get that **** back in return .....

See yers the second leg for your just deserts. The second leg might well not be very pleasant for yers if your coming up.

Shitbags.

Mane is a defo miss down the right hand side, because he does the brunt of the work. We seriously lack width on both sides one being Milner can't whip it in with his left but atleast he can pick a pass. Clyne on the other side i don't think iv'e ever seen him beat a man, it's either cut in and lay it off into the midfield or slow down the play with too many touches on the ball. Hopefully Hendo is back on sunday as he is our most important player imo after Coutinho.

Last edited:
Such a disappointing game. Guess its no surprise given we are missing our 3 best players (could also argue a case for Firmino not being at 100% with the drink driving and being robbed, thats gotta put up back a fair bit). It was great to Cou back though.

Just reported the trolling posts in this thread. Hopefully some justice will come of it, but I doubt it. If this was me in the United thread I'd be banned (again)

Well done Southampton. As negative as they were for the second game against us this year, we were horrid (frigging Can is getting worse) and had no idea to break them down. Could of been worse so very happy to be at half way only 1 behind. Southampton aren't getting any better than that.

As as for the S*n reading, Thatcher idolising, Southern shandy drinking inbred ****** that follow them ..... Always the victim ...... What a classy bunch of lads yers are. We show our respects to the young lad of yours that died and get that **** back in return .....

See yers the second leg for your just deserts. The second leg might well not be very pleasant for yers if your coming up.

Shitbags.

Not too worried to be honest mate. It's set up for a nice cup night at Anfield two weeks time. Atmosphere will be bouncing and, as usual, we've got a job to do in the 2nd leg.

Yeah Clyne isn't as dynamic as he should be, but you can't fault his creativity. The issue with Clyne is that he doesn't always trouble you enough throughout 90 minutes, it's not just about the chances you create, but being able to unsettle the opposition full back and tie up their winger defensively.

Can was woeful today too. He is turning into Moreno V2. There is a great footballer in there somewhere, but is having waaaay to many brain dead moments.

Back