The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You know Clynes created more chances than any other FB the PL this year mate?
I never understood the created chances stat, otherwise im sure he would have more than one assist to his name. Then again stats can be entirely useless at times case proven by the signings Comolli sanctioned. I can only go by what I see and all I see is a severely limited footballer whose only redeeming qualities is his stamina and fitness. Then again I doubt he is seen as the long term option with TAA in the ranks.

I never understood the created chances stat, otherwise im sure he would have more than one assist to his name. Then again stats can be entirely useless at times case proven by the signings Comolli sanctioned. I can only go by what I see and all I see is a severely limited footballer whose only redeeming qualities is his stamina and fitness. Then again I doubt he is seen as the long term option with TAA in the ranks.

I agree with the moral of your point, but sometimes stats like this can be more valuable than the direct stats. In this case, you're right, as with Clyne being a starter week in, week out, in the most attacking side in the league, it's hardly a surprise he's created more than other full-back's (although I'd say Valencia isn't too far behind). Whereas as an other example, Paul Pogba's assist count of just 3 in my book doesn't accurately reflect on how creatively effective he's been this season, and his direct assist stats have been let down by poor finishing.

All in all, I do think you're spot on your "I go by what I see" point, stats of all sorts can be misguiding as they are helpful.

As as for the S*n reading, Thatcher idolising, Southern shandy drinking inbred ******
The second leg might well not be very pleasant for yers if your coming up.

Are you advocating football hooliganism on a public forum?

Miss Mane so much in attack!

It's the threat of his pace that you miss.

Mané's been well off it for a month or so. He's not been bad per se and he's still contributing. Just he's not been firing anything like he was earlier in the season.

But that rapid speed always has to be accounted for by the opposition even when he's not terrorising them.

That's the biggest miss when he's not out there.

Such a disappointing game. Guess its no surprise given we are missing our 3 best players (could also argue a case for Firmino not being at 100% with the drink driving and being robbed, thats gotta put up back a fair bit). It was great to Cou back though.

Forgot to add Matip to this list too

Hopefully he'll get a run out Plymouth now he's back in full training.

Browsing the site and saw that we're selling ticket for S'ton game were the away end usually go. Have they shifted them to the other end of Anny road?

Browsing the site and saw that we're selling ticket for S'ton game were the away end usually go. Have they shifted them to the other end of Anny road?

Dunno' mate but that wold be a surprising first for a good few years.

After certain elements of their support before and during the game yesterday I'd be happy if none of them came up.

He was a steal. The verticality of his passing is great. Just needs another partner imo. Hopefully he cuts out the mistakes from his Schalke days.
Is this the new stats buzzword cause if you want vertical passing players look no further than a Tony Pulis team all his players go for very vertical passing

He was a steal. The verticality of his passing is great. Just needs another partner imo. Hopefully he cuts out the mistakes from his Schalke days.

He has one for the long term:

latest

Doubtless not upto your 'elite' notion, but more than on that trajectory for ourselves. Personally wouldn't sacrifice him for anyone you could care to mention in World football at the position.

Is this the new stats buzzword cause if you want vertical passing players look no further than a Tony Pulis team all his players go for very vertical passing
Not a stats buzzword. More tactical.
He has one for the long term:

latest

Doubtless not upto your 'elite' notion, but more than on that trajectory for ourselves. Personally wouldn't sacrifice him for anyone you could care to mention in World football at the position.
Who's that?

Personally, I like a bit of diagonality in my passing verticality, a hint of precisonity is also welcome.

Not a stats buzzword. More tactical.
Who's that?
So I should say that Pulis' sides play a form of vertical passing instead of long ball to impress people

Take a wild stab at which young Liverpool centre back Scouse thinks will be a starter soon, starts with the man the myth the legend that is, if you need a hint

Last edited:
Take a wild stab at which young Liverpool centre back Scouse thinks will be a starter soon, starts with the man the myth the legend that is, if you need a hint
I'm genuinely not sure who that is. I'm not taking a stab. Joe Gomez?

I'm very much for young talent. You need the right blend. L'pool may be better served signing someone with experience. Developing young central defenders in the first team is a bad idea for a top club. It isn't worth the hassle. You can start kids out wide but it's hard to mess around with central defenders. If that is Joe Gomez, I'm a big fan. Hopefully he can continue after the ACL.

Developing players is only a bad idea if you've no patience and don't believe in your own coaching abilities so need to spend big on the more ready product to compensate.

We have lots of both (although many 'fans' lack the patience bit the manager and club don't) so we're good doing it our way.

Yes. That would be Joe Gomez.

..... Take a wild stab at which young Liverpool centre back Scouse thinks will be a starter soon, starts with the man the myth the legend that is, if you need a hint

*living LEGEND ..... And you had it down SO well the other day darn it.

Book in for more lessons.

*living LEGEND ..... And you had it down SO well the other day darn it.

Book in for more lessons.
I've let myself down, I've let this forum down, I've let everyone down I feel so embarrassed. I'll put off returning to university to make sure I get it right next time

Back