The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
For those of you that are coming down to Devon tomorrow I hope you enjoy your stay but find yourselves out of the FA Cup. ;)

In truth I don't think we will get away with it this time! Class gesture by you lot with the Daniel May flag as well :)

All the best

For some stupid reason, unlike a few 'sensible' mates who are staying over, we're driving there and back in one go. 11 hour or so round trip. Gonna' be like a zombie Thursday haha. Happy to read you're putting the temp. seats in the main stand paddock too. Lets more people enjoy the experience of having L'pool in town along with adding to the atmosphere with four sides full.

Don't mention it on the flag mate. Couldn't imagine having to deal with that at the game like his dad did the other Sunday. Be an honour to join in that sad applause 25 minutes in. Your lads were a credit to Plymouth up here the other weekend and Argyle certainly did you proud on the pitch.

Right back at yer bud. Enjoy your big night.

scouse you are off you head going there and back my hats off to you mate and whats with the flag if you dont mind me asking

scouse you are off you head going there and back my hats off to you mate and whats with the flag if you dont mind me asking

Well, on the plus side it'll be ground #77 of the current 92 ticked off. So at least this journey is being made watching the Reds and not just Plymouth verses ..... at some point in the future. At least that's what I keep telling myself haha.

Trust me when I say I very much doubt if it wasn't a new ground I'd be going anywhere tomorrow after last Wednesdays nearly as far slog.

Plymouth fan shares emotional story of how kind Scousers at Anfield helped him through his son's death - Liverpool Echo

LFC fans plan banner tribute to Plymouth dad's son - Liverpool Echo

We know more than most that football pails into insignificance at times like these so solidarity and giving the family that tribute is the least we can show.

Plymouth fan shares emotional story of how kind Scousers at Anfield helped him through his son's death - Liverpool Echo

LFC fans plan banner tribute to Plymouth dad's son - Liverpool Echo

We know more than most that football pails into insignificance at times like these so solidarity and giving the family that tribute is the least we can show.

This story always get to me, I've read it more than once. Respect to Liverpool fans for trying to do that banner it would be an Act of class. Reminds me of that Bradley Lowrey like 5 year old who's battling neuroblastoma cancer he has been mascot for Sunderland and Everton on Sunday just gone against City. Even though he's a Sunderland fan the generosity Everton have shown him is commendable and they donated I think £200,000 or more for his treatment. Which now unfortunately is his last option and even that apparently will only prolong his life at best a bit longer.

Its times like these I am proud to be a football fan as there is no colours in these situations.

ta for that class as allways from you lot lots of other fans could take a leaf out of your lots book

So after dropping lucky with the team the first game, for ***** and giggles I'll have another stab at tomorrow nights line-up:

Karius; Trent, Gomez, Lovren (Although I'd love to see Matip. Just not sure whether we'll take the gamble against FIFA), Moreno; Kev Stewart; Ejaria, Can; Ojo, Sturridge, Woodburn. With hopefully Harry Wilson making his debut at some point off an otherwise first team bench.

3-0 to the Burgeoning Academy Reds!

So after dropping lucky with the team the first game, for ***** and giggles I'll have another stab at tomorrow nights line-up:

Karius; Trent, Gomez, Lovren (Although I'd love to see Matip. Just not sure whether we'll take the gamble against FIFA), Moreno; Kev Stewart; Ejaria, Can; Ojo, Sturridge, Woodburn. With hopefully Harry Wilson making his debut at some point off an otherwise first team bench.

3-0 to the Burgeoning Academy Reds!

I reserve the right switch Matip in for Lovren dependent on the legal advice haha:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/frustrated-jurgen-klopp-to-consult-lawyers-before-deciding-whether-to-pick-joel-matip-for-plymouth-tie/107950

3 of the back 4 of Trent, Matip and Gomez in front of Karius..... I just envisioned the (not too distant) future and it looked GOOD! :).

Disappointing as someone needs to take a stand against FIFA/ UEFA's B/S. But understandable.

James Pearce@JamesPearceEcho 24m24 minutes ago
Joel Matip hasn't travelled with the #LFC squad to Devon for tonight's FA Cup replay. Reds have decided to wait for FIFA ruling on Friday.

I could be wrong here but I seem to recall something similar with Ribery? Didn't he retire from international duty and there was a massive fuss generated by the French with even Platini weighing in saying he had to play if selected but then nothing came of it. Its a ridiculous situation if he doesnt want to play international football then thats his choice. Seriously don't get it at all.

Reading FC– Verified account ‏@ReadingFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

CONFIRMED | @TiagoIlori4 completes move from @LFC to the Royals on a deal running until 2020! Read more here: [url]http://rdng.co/TISigns180117 [/URL]

Just seen Sturridge's interview on Sky Sports, wow, went straight in with the "I am the best striker at Liverpool FC" statement, and quite bluntly said he just has to "take it on the chin" when Klopp doesn't select him.

Don't disagree with his statement, but I don't see any need to come out and give Sky what they want to hear in a bold statement like that. At the end of the day, until he scores and takes his chances as much as Oirigi does when given his opportunities, then he hasn't any excuse to be annoyed.

I wish Origi had that attitude. That he had 100% faith in his own ridiculous ability that has everything you need to be a top class centre forward and went out onto the pitch like he was the best not only at the club but of the 22 players on display. If he did he'd of taken WAY better advantage of some glorious one-on-one situations Utd left him in Sunday, particularly against Jones and Darmian, and he wouldn't of stunk the place out up front yesterday against the calibre of opposition he should be playing with and then destroying. I personally think that's all he's lacking. That arrogance and single-mindedness that all top strikers need in the most isolated position on the pitch bar the goalkeeper. He has all the tools. Strong enough to hold it up. Great in the air. Rapid speed. Two footed. A great finish et all. And when he believes in himself, like he did the end of last season. he's unplayable. But this year, he's gone back the other way to the scared shell of a player he was before Klopp arrived and it's getting worse by the game. Nobody's overly concerned (or at least shouldn't be) as he's only 21 and young players have ups and downs. But if Danny Ings wasn't injured, it wouldn't be a surprise at all right now to see Divock back the 23's until he regained the confidence that for some reason, even when he scored 5 in 5 the other month despite some terrible displays, has completely deserted him. The abysmal penalty miss just summoned up his form of late.

Sturridge wasn't much better in terms of a goal output last night. But at least he was constantly moving and getting in some great positions. (Should of had a penalty for himself.). He just wasn't being found by his younger teammates behind him. Divock has a LONG way to go to be what his natural talents should have him. At Sturridge's level and dominating this team and position.

Aside from another new ground ticked off (getting home after 4 AM is SUCH joy), and another good experience in the young lads continued development against seasoned pros, that was a God awful game of football. A young L'pool side scrapping for the win against Plymouth's hardened vets. who themselves mustered one good effort against the post and nothing more. Over 180 minutes football they never troubled the young guns to any significant degree. Not that Plymouth are a bad side. They are what they are at the level they're at. Just L'pool have twice been dragged down to that level themselves and have had to grind out this progression over two tedious, pretty darn ***** games of football.

Thought Lucas again showed why he's invaluable at times to this football club. He marshalled a young back line and those ahead of him superbly. True adopted Scouser in EVERY sense of the word. Don't think there was any happier Liverpudlian the whistle last night than that lad. Trent's Trent and the absolute de facto back-up to Clyne now and going into future seasons so another useful, if non-descript game to add to his growing number. Another game under Joe's belt after his long layoff. Thought Kev Stewart was abysmal and showed his limitations. I don't mind him personally as back end depth but I'd imagine he'll be moving on this summer for a very tidy profit. That's two windows in a row there's been a lot of PL/ Championship interest for 8 figures which seems crazy to me but that's football right now. Ejaria was tidy at times. Raw at others. What you'd expect from a young guy up against hardened league two pros. Ben Woodburn showed just why he's the jewell in Kirkby's bulging crown with another very mature outing. He and his Welsh wing wizard compatriot Harry Wilson at least tried to rise above the mediocrity and add some Cup magic to proceedings. Same with Ojo when he came on who made the most of his short spell to remind everyone just how good he was the end of last year. And Phil was just taking a night off getting minutes back in his legs without putting his body at any risk. Which you can appreciate and live with given the hectic schedule right now. Think I'd give Alby Moreno the MoTM as he was always showing and did look a cut above the opposition as he should. But it's slim pickings.

All in all a 'job done' night which is great credit to the young lads on their growing professional learning curve. Battling performance untroubled over two games to beat one of the far better league two sides now ticked off for them to reference back to.

I would imagine the side will be that bit stronger a week Sat'day against Wolves the next round being Wanderers are that bit stronger opponents. For instance I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Ben Woodburn is now put back into his 23's box to continue developing away from the media glare and we never see him again the first team this year. Or Kev Stewart or Ejaria dropped down the bench. It'll be a side set out to win regardless and we should have more than enough to be in round 5 by a quarter past two a week Sat'day avvi. Please God not another replay with that one! It might be just down the road but give us a frigging Wednesday night off L'pool please!

God rest Daniel May. YNWA.

Up Jürgens Junior Reds!

Last edited:
That awkward moment when you have to laugh at your own *****, classless attempt at a 'joke' .....

[video=youtube;IkpVrbBLjZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpVrbBLjZg[/video]

4 years on and Warnock STILL can't accept his ***** management of his ***** side took them down. It was all that **** Rafa's fault for the weakened side that he (didn't) send out at Fulham!

If Stevie had just chinned the bitter gobshite it would of done the World a HUGE favour. And doubtless been roundly applauded by the vast majority of footie fans in England.

Last edited:
so how are you feeling mate get much sleep was a good game and how many kids did you lot play looks like you have some talent coming on

so how are you feeling mate get much sleep was a good game and how many kids did you lot play looks like you have some talent coming on

Absolutely goosed mate. So I'm working hard not to be narky today haha.

Three posts up.

I don't understand what's the deal with Matip. It isn't FIFA's business if he doesn't want to play.

I don't understand what's the deal with Matip. It isn't FIFA's business if he doesn't want to play.

No sane person does mate. Yet another bungling disgrace from the absolute clown show sham of a governing body.

Not expecting any further clarification tomorrow from them. L'pool should just play him Sat'day and force the issue. They believe they're fully covered then F running scared of any B/S sanctions. Someone needs to stand up to FIFA and UEFA over their continued B/S!

This rolls on, he'll be missing Chelsea a week Tuesday.

That awkward moment when you have to laugh at your own *****, classless attempt at a 'joke' .....

[video=youtube;IkpVrbBLjZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpVrbBLjZg[/video]

4 years on and Warnock STILL can't accept his ***** management of his ***** side took them down. It was all that **** Rafa's fault for the weakened side that he (didn't) send out at Fulham!

If Stevie had just chinned the bitter gobshite it would of done the World a HUGE favour. And doubtless been roundly applauded by the vast majority of footie fans in England.

Low how Stevie just stares for a couple of seconds after he says it.

Well that's a different way to end a post match presser haha. Fair play to Plymouth. They've been a credit both games.

[video=youtube;ed9RKnSk1i4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed9RKnSk1i4[/video]

Someone needs to have a word with Sadio. Seem's he's misunderstood the instructions. Just scored his second in two games in another 2-0 Senegal victory to guarantee a quarter final place and remove any doubt he'll now miss Chelsea.

You're supposed to be getting knocked out mate not progressing!

Back